GreaseSpot Cafe

Sorry to hear the GreaseSpot Cafe is closing

TheBishop

Greasespot was the first place I went when I left TWI to get some grasp at fellowship. I didn't find it. But it served to help drive me to develop my relationship with God. There were so many people saying things very contrary to the things we were taught, it was hard to believe many had been in TWI. (In fact, I still don't know that for sure.) From what I have observed, there were no protections in place to assure anyone was who they said they were.

Hell, I might not be who I said I am. :smilie_kool_aid::asdf:

Had it not been for Greasespot, I doubt I would have ever found Waycorps.ning.com. At least there, I was able to connect with people I knew and not hide in obscurity and throw mud at the rain.

So, thank you Paw. You did alright. I didn't always like it, but it was educational.

P.S. For those of you who don't know me, "YId" began as "Y I Don't go to church" AKA Ric Cox... 10th and 14th Corps AKA Richard Barton

The reason I can't go to church is because I could not stand to listen to some idiot teach Mary is the mother of God or Matthew 6:33 and have no idea what the "kingdom of God" meant and even worse, not care. (Bullinger Companion Bible... Appendix 17 and John 4:24 gives a great deal light on this.)

When I was in residence my final year, I asked a number of my Corps Compadres if they could Biblically document "Needs and Wants parallel". They all held out their hands like a scale and tried to explain it. So, I asked, "What if I was blind and I could not see your hands???? Where is the Biblical documentation for it????" I seem to recall one person came close to the answer but was still only in the neighborhood. So, I probably couldn't go to your church either.

But I'll still miss ya!

shallowcreektx@yahoo.com

Edited by YID

I’m grateful for the Grease Spot Café. We had no contact with the people we had been close to for decades. That was a relief for a while, but we needed to understand what transpired. Grease Spot provided an avenue to search out what others saw and get comfortable with what happened to us.

The decision to close the website is right. There’s a lot of ...., opinion, misinformation, and malice in these pages. The opportunity to remain anonymous also means that contributors are not accountable for what they write.

However, this website has allowed people to discover that they are not alone in their experience and move forward. Thank you for providing that opportunity.

Dean Boonstra

7th Corps

Hi, folk. I'm sorry to hear that the GreaseSpot Cafe is closing after ten years. It has filled a need and will be missed. Thanks for all your work, Pawtucket. And while there are not many left of my era, Goodbye for the present!

The Bishop aka Peter J. Wade

http://www.peterwade.com/

Hi Peter. We never met but I heard about you in the 1970s when I was in the Second Way Corps. Thanks for coming here to share your thoughts. I, too, will miss GSC!

Cheers to you Down Under. It's a lovely country. I've been there twice.

Charlene

Paw, sorry to hear GSC is closing. Hope the site will keep archives for any that leave TWI within the next couple years. I know you talked about it a year ago. Wish someone else would step up to keep site running. Happy New Year

Hey Peter J:

I heard about you back in the day~ when I first took PFAL in 1972 So, I also am an Oldie (but Goodie). It is nice to see you here recognizing all that Greasespot has offered to expose truth.

Hats off to Pawtucket! Thanks for all your hard work!

Thanks to each and every person who has given us a piece to the puzzle! I praise God for all of you!

pawtucket, thanks for keeping GSC running all this time. I know how much work it can be.

this site saved me. it and the people who post here gave me the strength to leave twi. because of the GSC community, I have a life. thank you for that.

When TWI did not want me anymore, nor did I want them, I found here.

I already knew of their dirty secrets, way too personally.

I found camaraderie here, amongst hurting souls seeking to find wellness, while sharing their torments for searching eyes to read. Eyes of posters, as well as, those privately lurking while trying to gather the strength to walk away from Hell's hand, that which we know as TWI.

I was warmly welcomed, even though a few contacted Hope to see if I was for real. And I was given the room to unload when it was all I had to give. Then healing began and in time I even had something of benefit to give back.

I made lifelong friends and found a deeper understanding of love.

Thank you cannot touch the depth of my appreciation.