GreaseSpot Cafe

Question posed threat to Martindale

What About It

I should have run after this incident at my first Advanced Class. We were told that we were free to ask any questions to our twig coordinator, who would then in turn bring them to the holy reverend LCM, who was there for the first week of our class. He would be able to answer any questions we had. (Where do they get off thinking they know everything about the Bible? It says right in it that we see through a glass darkly. Jeez.) So I asked a question where the very same gospel record was used to teach two different doctrinal points. Both teachings, "this happened because of that," were different. My question seemed simple enough: Which one was it? One or the other, right?

Wrong! I was told to go home if I thought I needed to argue about insignificant points. I was here to receive the greatest Bible teaching on the planet, and if I wanted to argue, I could just leave. I didn't want to argue. I was just 21 years old with an inquisitive mind, like most others in their early 20s trying to figure out life. That was one of my first lessons in not questioning leadership, or rather, the indoctrination and blind obedience of the way. In hindsight I know that (1) they don't know everything about the Bible,(2) the holy all-knowing reverend LCM felt threatened when a question arose that he couldn't answer, (3) there are plenty of contradictory teachings in TWI, but the mere followers are expected to keep their mouths shut and talk about those things that are indisputable. Clear as mud?

What about it...excellent point...Twi always operated on double standards...be honest, but don't expect them to be...be faithful, but don't expect them to be...be loving and kind, but don't expect them to be...and as they critiqued their followers, their followers were expected to fall in line and not question them...

...These bastards were cold and calculating...

What about it...

I wish I could reach back in time and hug you! What a horrible experience. I am so sorry that someone pretending to speak for God would say something that unloving... They were just horrible people, they are the ones in this verse, honey:

Mathew 7:23

New International Version (©1984)

Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

What about it...

I wish I could reach back in time and hug you! What a horrible experience. I am so sorry that someone pretending to speak for God would say something that unloving... They were just horrible people, they are the ones in this verse, honey:

Mathew 7:23

New International Version (©1984)

Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Thanks, Dot. At the time it was quite a punch in the gut. But then again, maybe he was right...maybe I should have just gone home! :CUSSING:

What about it...excellent point...Twi always operated on double standards...be honest, but don't expect them to be...be faithful, but don't expect them to be...be loving and kind, but don't expect them to be...and as they critiqued their followers, their followers were expected to fall in line and not question them...

...These bastards were cold and calculating...

Another example of where the way falls apart due to its own teaching: Werewolf once said in the class that devil spirits accuse you of doing what they're already doing.

SoCrates

Looking back, the AC was weird that year. Ralph D just left, and I remember hearing people talk about it completely confused why he would leave. After hearing RD's GSC radio interview with him, we wouldn't even be able toimagine what was going on. It should have been a sign to us all. But we didn't know that much, and leadership was told to hide anything about those leaving from the flocks. It was damage control for sure. We couldn't imagine wanting to leave the ministry, but we sure were blinded about it.

Even if I had left back then, I'm not sure where my life would be today. I'm not giving any credit to TWI in any means. My credit goes to God who lead me through the learning lessons I needed in my life.

• Upvote 1

• 6 years later...
On 12/28/2010 at 0:22 PM, Nottawayfer said:

Looking back, the AC was weird that year. Ralph D just left, and I remember hearing people talk about it completely confused why he would leave. After hearing RD's GSC radio interview with him, we wouldn't even be able toimagine what was going on. It should have been a sign to us all. But we didn't know that much, and leadership was told to hide anything about those leaving from the flocks. It was damage control for sure. We couldn't imagine wanting to leave the ministry, but we sure were blinded about it.

Even if I had left back then, I'm not sure where my life would be today. I'm not giving any credit to TWI in any means. My credit goes to God who lead me through the learning lessons I needed in my life.

Not, :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap: