GreaseSpot Cafe

Now you see 'em Now you don't

So_crates

One of the more amuzing things I've noticed:

Back when I was with the ministry and up until abour a year ago, I could always go to a book on cults, turn to the appendix, and find something about da vey in all its lurid glory.

Now I go to more recent cult books and they're not even worth a footnote.

So, this is what da vey has become so small and insignificant, their members so few, they're a puppy f@rt in history.

And this is how da vey will end, and this is how da vey will end, not with a bang but a wimper

SoCrates

Edited by So_crates

Many of us don't realize how lucky we are

I've been researching cults for a little ditty I've been doing and I would say under both vp and the forehead that was a very real fear.

Looking at Jim Jones and David Keresh, there were some ominous parallels. Both these leaders demanded more and more loyalty from their followers. Usually it started with unreasonable demands(mark and avoid the gay purges?). Then, as an display of loyalty, they wanted access to all the woman (sound familiar?).

They also had their followers live in constant fear of being attacked by outside forces (corps members have described having backpacks ready in case they had to rush off to live in the hills).

For both Jones and Keresh, the final pledge of loyalty was death.

SoCrates

Edited by So_crates

Martindale and Geer, yes the People's Temple with Jim Jones, and David Koresh with Branch Davidians. However with Wierwille, possibly not and Rosie is not that paranoid(I don't think). Well good riddance to TWI, nightmare from Rod Serling's Twilight Zone/Night(mare) Gallery. Definitely pinheads as Bill O'Reilly would say, and certainly a No Spin Zone.

Yes, that paranoid. And in many ways the worst of the three.

I'd say that someone who would have grown adults sign out to go for a restroom break, or who micromanages every little detail and has to have schedules to know what people are doing has really got mental issues. Control freaks..

Is Rosie one of em.. I'm no psychologist.. And this is only my opinion and not fact, but her actions surely speak pretty loud compared to other control freaks I've know, as they are all paranoid or maybe just plain annoying..

• Upvote 1

Are you saying Rosie would go ballistic and murder all staff and commit suicide? Martindale and Geer, yes but I can't believe Rivenbark would go that way, I think she wants to live to be 100(Alzeimhers possibly).

Looking back on it all with a little 20/20 hindsight, I'd have to say it's impossible to predict what any of the remaining nut-jobs are capable of doing. People are capable of all sorts of heinous acts that defy rational thinking and logic.

• Upvote 2

I'd say that someone who would have grown adults sign out to go for a restroom break, or who micromanages every little detail and has to have schedules to know what people are doing has really got mental issues. Control freaks..

Let's just hope she never offers her staff Kool Aid

SoCrates

One thing was in our favor all the time. Most of us were NOT required to live in the same compound. I don't like to even imagine what kinds of other tortuous stuff might have been dumped on us if we did live in the same commune.

One thing was in our favor all the time. Most of us were NOT required to live in the same compound. I don't like to even imagine what kinds of other tortuous stuff might have been dumped on us if we did live in the same commune.

Ahhh, yes.....living in the same compound/commune......Well, it had its perks..... We did learn how to make our own mayonaise from scratch..... Who knew you could buy it, ready-made, at the grocery store?

Rosie's in it for the money, not the love.... I don't think they would actually try and get people to commint suicide - a dead man tells no tales, but he also doesn't tithe or ABS.

• Upvote 1

• 6 years later...