GreaseSpot Cafe

PFAL Revolution

skyrider

Exactly!!!.......and those "Blart Cops" took their assignments so serious.

Even at a stupid nightowl with wierwille.....vp's bodyguard walked around like one of us corps was going to tackle veepee to the ground. Sheeeesh. And, later as the fire was crackling, and the crickets were chirping in the way woods....and wierwille was giving his "aw, honey you just gotta believe the word".....the bodyguard's two-way radio broke the stillness. Somehow, the volume was too high....and wierwille was red-hot MAD.

Wierwille lashed out at him and the public humiliation was ugly. And, this was a guy who stood his ground no matter who confronted him. He wouldn't take shi+ from anyone.....not even wierwille.

The next day......this bodyguard was gone.

I'd see those bodyguards and think, "I wonder how good they really are." Now, I happen to be a peace-loving, law-abiding citizen (at least up to this point) so I dismissed such thoughts as foolish. However, some people aren't quite so stable. That, and back in those days I only weighed about 130 pounds and had the strength of a clothes hanger. Wierwille himself could have taken me out.

As far as the bodyguard that you said, "stood his ground", did he say something back to VP at the time?

Edited by Broken Arrow

As far as the bodyguard that you said, "stood his ground", did he say something back to VP at the time?

Weeks before this incident......wierwille told some of us corps guys that his bodyguard was selected, because he wasn't intimidated by anything. Wierwille liked that. Perhaps, vp's last bodyguard was a suck-up or whatever?

And, no.....he didn't talk back to wierwille that night.

Yet, his actions stated clearly what he thought. He was NOT going to suck-up to wierwille and make amends for this mistake. In hush-hush tones, two staffers told me the next day that he was pi$$ed by wierwille's outburst....so he packed his bags, left late that night.

I have no proof......but I was left with the impression that he gave twi the middle-finger as he drove away in anger. Never saw him again.

"Reduce vandalism"...two thoughts:

• if TWI didn't make itself so obnixious locally, perhaps it wouldn't have suffered vandalism. It would be interesting to know how much "vandalism" other farms and properties in the same neighborhood suffered
  • Formation of a private police force is hardly "bless those that persecute you" or turning the other cheek.

(Maybe property protection was "justified" by protecting the ABS the believers had contributed)

Teenagers come from High Schools twenty miles away, such as Coldwater . . . just to vandalize The Way. Toying with the patrolman is a game. This is because years ago one Coldwater student was arrested at The Way and charged with a hate crime. TWI asks for it.

"Grant them access to nationwide police records"...Would this be used against alleged vandals? Probably all of whom were known locally. Or would it have been used against the believers? Knowing the abuse that took place with known information (like "letters of apology" and "Birth to Corps papers", how much worse and controlling would the organization be, if they had access to such sensitive Police information? Nationally? Knowledge of one's own and one's family's past criminal history would be passed off as "revelation" and would be used for fuelling all sorts of "possession" allegations. What a scary thought. :evilshades:

Nowadays it's lets them know who is driving around at night. Early evening is the teenagers. Later on it's ex-wayfers. These are the crazy ones. Literally. They can be dangerous.

Another group of exwayfers are the one's currently in spin-offs. A very mild gang-like "this should be our turf" nonsense.

I remember during Living Victoriously (1982) one night a car with known troublemakers in it followed a believer's car outside HQ. There was an altercation. The troublemaker's car got dinged pretty bad. The troublemakers called the police and gave them Howard Allen's license # as the one who did it. So at 3:30AM the police came and HA had to try to start his car. He told police he hadn't driven it in 2 days, so when it didn't turn over immediately the police knew the known troublemakers were lying.

As for the bodyguards, a friend of mine who used to post here was in the 11th corps. He stayed until corps week in '89 or '90, can't remember which. He was listening to Don Wierwille talk and that did it for him. His real desire was to walk up to the front of the stage in the big top and just throw his corps nametag on the stage, but it occured to him that this might be hazardous to his health, so he and his wife just walked out of there.

. . . . . His real desire was to walk up to the front of the stage in the big top and just throw his corps nametag on the stage, but it occured to him that this might be hazardous to his health, so he and his wife just walked out of there.

There is a real Christian organization for you...it is such a tender witness when its followers fear bodily harm from its leaders. Go Jesus!

I remember during Living Victoriously (1982) one night a car with known troublemakers in it followed a believer's car outside HQ. There was an altercation. The troublemaker's car got dinged pretty bad. The troublemakers called the police and gave them Howard Allen's license # as the one who did it. So at 3:30AM the police came and HA had to try to start his car. He told police he hadn't driven it in 2 days, so when it didn't turn over immediately the police knew the known troublemakers were lying.

As for the bodyguards, a friend of mine who used to post here was in the 11th corps. He stayed until corps week in '89 or '90, can't remember which. He was listening to Don Wierwille talk and that did it for him. His real desire was to walk up to the front of the stage in the big top and just throw his corps nametag on the stage, but it occured to him that this might be hazardous to his health, so he and his wife just walked out of there.

I'm in the 11th Corps as well so I'm sure I know whoever that was. It was probably '89 and I'm wondering if it was when Don W. spoke in the WOW Auditorium during Corps Week (really Corps Days by then). I'm wondering because I had the same reaction. That was the year Martindale taught out of The Book of Galatians on the word "terasso". Basically, Martindale was saying Geer was full of it and trying to use the Bible to prove it. Craig and the BOT were breaking away from Geer.

To set the context, flashback to the Fall of '82 which was the 11th Corps' final year in the stockade residence, Don met with the 11th Corps. The Corps Week before that was when a paper was read called, A Day with the Wierwilles. In that paper, VP was quoted as saying, "If the Wierwille family does not stand together on the Word, the Word of God will not live in this day and in this time."

Don Wierwille was angry about that line. "I don't buy it! That the Word of God living would depend on the stand of one man, or one family! I don't buy it!" I was shocked. Here was the son of the MOGFOT disagreeing with his father on what dad had supposidely received via revelation. My opinion of Donald he was actually a doctor Wierwille substantially increased that day. Perhaps your friend was at that same meeting.

Fast forward now to Corps Week '89. The same man, Donald Wierwille, stood in front of the entire Corps and referred to that part of that paper as reason the Corps should stand with him and his mother. It was a complete contradiction and it sealed for me that Don Wierwille was a liar and an opportunist. I wanted to go up front, grab that mike and say, "But that's not what you said a few years ago, Don!" I would have never made it on the stage and I knew that. I also knew that even if I did, Wierwille would either say I was lying, or he would have said he simply changed his mind. Still, I know what I heard. That sealed the deal for me right there. I was out. I wonder if your 11th Corps friend was at those same meetings I was and had the same reaction.

This guy was my twig leader for 3-4 years before that. When rumors started going around at the time POP came out, he had what I would call cautious skepticism. Didn't want to overreact to anything, but as time went on he became more visibly concerned. It was the same meeting where Don W said that when CG was reading POP Don wanted to interrupt and say "NO,NO!" but he didn't and he (DW) then thought that if he HAD interrupted then there wouldn't be a twi anymore.

I personally heard a tape of DW saying that. Us people on the field were allowed to hear a presentation called "Leadership tapes" later, maybe 1992. Most of it was LCM dissing CG, but there was also the tape of DW.

POP was shifting the blame to others and a cover up for felonies, and violating the rights of others. Get people fighting among each other to blind them from the truth.

What everyone, that could do, was try to get the ABS flowing to themselves.

JL a prime example.

Edited by cman

POP was shifting the blame to others and a cover up for felonies, and violating the rights of others. Get people fighting among each other to blind them from the truth.

What everyone, that could do, was try to get the ABS flowing to themselves.

JL a prime example.

excellent points, CMan .....and yup!

• 6 years later...
On 2/13/2011 at 11:56 AM, skyrider said:

The youth came out in great numbers in the 1970s.

Was it a movement?

Was it a pfal revolution?

Was it a religious quest?

Was it a revolt from society altogether?

We no longer wanted to be shackled by our parents' religion.

We gathered in numbers and took our movement to the streets.

We waved the pfal-flag proudly in defiance of church tyranny.

We demanded "freedom" to live and worship at twi's altar.

We were there.

We stayed up all hours of the night during roa festivals.

We recruited others to strengthen our movement.

We signed up for training -- collectively moving as a unit.

Youth is a force of nature.

Youth brings an energy and passion that is contagious.

Youth can be single-minded and manipulated by powerful figures.

Youth lives for the moment and is, at times, willing to die for the cause.

The "liberation movement" led to decades of bondage.

The "liberation movement" led to personal destruction.

The "liberation movement" led to extreme elements of control.

The "liberation movement" had secret and seductive agendas.

TODAY......the movement is dead.

TODAY......only those on payroll seem dedicated.

TODAY......hardly anyone has ever heard of twi.

Did it change the world?

Did it change you?

Sky, I will say one good thing about TWI; it got me interested in God.  For that, I will always be thankful.

On 2/13/2011 at 8:08 PM, T-Bone said:

Was it a movement? Not in the normal sense – unless you want to count a bowel movement by someone who was so full of $ hi+… …..filled to capacity? Nay, brethren he was filled to overflowing! Of a truth, yeah verily, amen and a men's room.

~~

Maybe I'm wrong - but I thought a movement is when folks with a common ideology work together for the same goal or goals. In that regard the "PFAL Revolution" or anything generated by TWI for that matter is the exact opposite.

So rather than PFAL/TWI starting from a grass roots level [a movement arising from a certain group of people], it was a subversive plot to overthrow the lives of unsuspecting souls on life's journey. Not sure if that's the best choice of words – since "subversive plot" implies that there is deliberate and malicious planning involved to transform an established order. I just won't attribute to vp and the other bozos that much intelligence nor demonize them by painting them up as evil incarnate [although that is tempting at times].

This has been discussed on other threads – such as vp hijacking the Jesus movement. Imho, the PFAL/TWI "revolution" – or "subversive plot" was really a mutating virus – an ever-changing pathogen that causes a variety of diseases in each host…..a pathogen that arose from the heart of a certain ego-centric, sociopath, parasite-like predator with delusions of grandeur – vp.

Did it change the world? Doubt it.

Did it change me? Yup – several times over, as a matter of fact.

Change #1: Initial change was the gradual absorption of the TWI mindset after taking PFAL.

~~

Change #2: Then the metamorphosis was ramped up at an alarming rate when I went into the corps – which was a methodical procedure for suppressing my individuality [the corps program…the environment…uhm…the whole sub-culture is really an ongoing homogenizing process that ensures the continual maintenance of your personality makeover…er…uhm making sure it sticks]. I can still see the poster hanging on a hallway wall during my first semester:

the world out

the Word in

~~

Change #3: The turmoil surrounding the reading of Passing of the Patriarch threw a wrench in a dusty little used contraption – aka my brain. So many questions bubbling up….doubts….observations….feelings….frustrations….fears….worries…concerns…Am I entertaining devil spirits for thinking these things? Am I tripping out? This was an unwanted change at first.

Because it was…..scary. I mean certain thoughts and questions were coming on so strong and so fast and they'd lead to other ideas – like I said…scary. Feeling a little like Bruce Banner when he got upset [ok, cue the visual aid - :CUSSING: ] and turned into the Hulk. Not saying I became a super intellectual – just trying to describe the, at first, fleeting moments of clarity and awareness - going from a brain-dead corps guy to a person with a somewhat normal functioning mind. Maybe it's something about the indomitable spirit of man – when given half a chance will always strive for freedom.

~~

Change #4: I'm happy to say this continues to be an ongoing process. It's been said whatever doesn't kill you will only make you stronger. Maybe there's something to that. I broke my left hand in a truck rollover. I am right handed. A curious thing – after therapy and time my left hand is now stronger than my right. Hopefully, I am a wiser, more discerning, compassionate person after surviving my stint in TWI.

~~

Something else I think of about this topic. What IF – and that's a big IF - maybe I better underscore it …..what IF TWI wasn't a totalitarian form of government. What if there had been a give and take at all levels – maybe more of a democratic approach. Maybe some things would have turned out different. Sounds far-fetched? Yes I know

– BUT –

I mentioned this on another thread - consider an incident from I Corinthians 5, where Paul called on the local church to levy a very harsh judgment against an immoral person. It was over a sexual scandal so vile that even their pagan neighbors were kinda freaked out about it. The local church had done nothing about it – maybe even prided themselves over how loving and forgiving they were as to minimize this awful sin. The Corinthian church followed Paul's instructions to excommunicate the offending party as a disciplinary action which not only protects the church but as a means to bring about a heartfelt change in the sinner.

There have been brave souls who have had the nerve to confront vp, lcm, and others over the years on various issues – I mean serious issues – like adultery. This is not common knowledge to the general TWI populace – not even to most corps. It is common knowledge at Grease Spot….well, the bozos stayed in power and you don't ever hear about those who had any kind of face-to-face with the aforementioned bozos… How does this relate to the I Corinthians 5 passage? Well, vp et al remaining in power, TWI becoming a life-entangling nightmare for followers is what happens when sick deranged lying thieving weaselly leaders go unchecked.

To put it in secular terms – that's the reason we have laws, a judicial system, support groups like Alcoholics Anonymous, and mental health professionals in this country. Too bad TWI is a world unto themselves.

T-Bone;:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

On 2/14/2011 at 7:37 PM, So_crates said:

There was one person on this board who wrote an article about their time in the research department. They had commented that the research leaned more toward what Saint Vic said rather than true objective research.

SoCrates

Yes, she wrote several articles about her time in the RD; poor woman.

On 2/15/2011 at 11:54 PM, Broken Arrow said:

You look more important when you have an entourage, especially if that entourage is armed. He would be driven around at ROA accompanied by some guys who looked like Secret Service agents. People (including me) would go "Whoa! This is one important dude.

I remember sitting at a Rock one time somewhat close to the main stage. A guard sat at each side of the stage where there were stairs leading up to the platform. Each guard wore a dark suit, dark glasses, ear pieces that I supposed were attached to radios. I figured they had guns as well. Even in my brainwashed state I thought of how ridiculous those guys looked and inside I went "Oh, come on!" Then I thought of how much fun it would be to yell, "AAAuugh...!!" and charge the main stage just for the fun of it. Hey, it would have given people something to talk about. I figured VP and Doug M. may not see the humor in it so I chose to just sit there.

BA;:eusa_clap:

• 1 month later...

Revolution by the Beatles. I wonder if TWI leaves and twigs thought that back in the 70's. ha!