GreaseSpot Cafe

5 things to know in order to be free of TWI

T-Bone

Remember the good old days in TWI – when problem-solving was made easy. Any challenge, obstacle, problem 1, or issue could be handled by a simple formula, rule, list of steps/keys, principle, pat phrase, or when all else fails S.I.T. Needless to say – for the most part these "problem-solving" tips were great for relieving one of a very heavy burden - - - thinking. These became our repertoire in counseling, decision-making or in any typical problem-solving context.

To receive anything from God you must first know what, class? What are the keys to walking by the spirit? What is the great principle? Believing equals what, class?.....i'll take what is bu11 $h it2 for $200, Alex.

~~

I've thought a lot about when I first heard The Passing of the Patriarch and the aftershocks of turmoil, confusion, frustration, doubt, fear and even anger. And maybe it was after the dust settled that many started experiencing a unique sensation called thinking. This was a milestone in the next phase of a journey – the re-awakening of problem-solving skills.

It's been said a problem clearly defined is halfway solved4. I think there may be something to that. However, when you're knee deep in the BS2 of leaders blame-shifting, avoiding the issues, attributing any problems, failures and trouble in the ranks as being caused by devil spirits you have about as much chance of identifying the problem as a blind man would in finding a blue book in the middle of a stack of orange books3. Maybe an aberrant form of the inverse would apply here – any problem defined by TWI is as clear as mud and will take forever and a day to solve.

So by discouraging thinking and stunting growth of problem-solving skills, TWI in effect just about guarantees that a follower will fail at solving the greatest problem of all – why life in the Way Ministry is so miserable.

Perhaps if the solution was laid out in a simple list – more folks would leave TWI…

In order to be free of TWI you must know

1. Freedom is available: I can recall many a teaching that laid out their prophecy of doom – any choice other than the ministry's way leads only to oblivion. Don't believe that BS2. Think outside the box5.

2. How to receive it: pack your bags and high-tail it outta there. Pass "go" and do not collect the abundant sharing – matter of fact, give any collected money back to folks. Believing you're free equals you'll be leaving the Way Tree.

3. What to do with it after you've got it: don't look back! Join Grease Spot. Witness to friends & family about your new found freedom.

4. Your willingness to comply equals their ability to ensnare you: become rebellious. Pray in the name of Davey Crockett at your next twig meeting. Question everything they say. Pour cayenne pepper on the critical thinking lobe of your brain.

5. Needs and wants don't have to be parallel: they don't have to be perpendicular, concentric, or elliptical either. This is America for gosh sakes. Land of the FREE and home of those brave enough to thumb their noses at pseudo-religious control-freaks.

~~

~~

footnotes

1. Note to reader on the above use of "problem"; in case you've lost your TWI Secret Decoder Ring, in the beginning "problem" was encrypted to appear as "opportunity". When was "the beginning"? According to the gap theory, it was sometime between plagiarizing the material of Kenyon, BG Leonard and a host of others. How long was that period of time? You can make it as long as you like. If any of you scholars out there want to place the dinosaurs in that time period, feel free to do so. As a matter of fact that will be addressed later in my class when we look into the evolutionary process of fossil fuels changing into snow covered gas pumps….by the way, tonight's message boys and girls is "….take more PFAL…"

2. bu11 $h i+ and BS, also known as the rightly divided word of vic.

3. To be fair, there are numerous cases on record of blind people easily identifying the Blue Book from the Orange Book when book covers were in Braille. There are also numerous cases of people with a unique form of mental blindness who cannot tell the difference between the Bible and any of the PFAL books.

4. Perhaps the other side of the coin that states "a problem clearly defined is halfway solved" might read "the biggest obstacle to solving a problem is being unaware that there is a problem.

5. The box refers to the itty bitty room where you first took the class, and specifies the exact dimensions of your projected growth – analogous to the idea that fish will only grow so big inside a very small tank. Jump out of the tank why dontcha!

~~

edited in this day and time and hour by someone who has not mastered the art of telling time :rolleyes:

Edited by T-Bone
  • Upvote 3

Clearly too much time on your hands T-Bone. Yes indeedy twi's steps to success paved many roads to self-dilution. Twi always had the answers, the sayings, the acronyms, the formulas. :evildenk: A strategy for any problem, in any and every faucet for any environment.

When we were inside we couldn't see just how hypocritical twi had become because inside the way wille way was the only way. :evilshades:

Now outside looking in we (GSC) can truly think outside the bun.

Very funny, T-Bone.

You know, though, that a fundamental thing that escapees need to know, to really know, that's absolutely completely completely know - is that :

GOD LOVES THEM - STILL - wherever they are :knuddel:

and GOD IS NOT DISPLEASED WITH THEM. :CUSSING:

GOD IS NOT ASHAMED OF THEM, :cryhug_1_:

and THEY ARE NOT A DISGRACE TO HIS FAMILY. :realmad:

GOD DELIGHTS IN THEM :eusa_clap:

ONLY LEGALISTS REJECT THEM :mad2:

That maybe has to be understood before "what's available" can really clip in.

• Upvote 1

Life comes at you sometimes and all the positive confession in the world doesn't change that reality. It is better to feel your life than hide behind some bogus "Law" of believing....numb and in fear.

Somewhere in the scriptures it says "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. . . " Okay, it is in Ecclesiastes.

Even in the sad and difficult times....there is life. God is still there in the sadness and sorrow.

It is EXHAUSTING to try and put a "happy" spin on every little thing.

Sometimes. . . . it just bites.. . . and you just have to plow through it.

Oh, and if praying in the name of Davy Crockett is too much of a starting point(I personally love it!!) try praying in the name of Jesus...then fake a hiccup and leave them hanging there.

Edited by geisha779

Take your songbooks and turn to that great old

:)

Good Strategy TBone, as strange is it sounds now one of the last songs that I lead in a twig was the theme to the Flintstones.

Everything in wayworld needs a theme. I suggest some thematic exit songs, I had "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" near the top of the list.

haven't read the thread just decided to post on here because i like t-bone

wierwille was a jerk a devious one at that

and then he had followers like craig (scary) and me (stupid)

there is a lot of evil bad things in this world and life can be so difficult

i'm just trying to get through my own life now and those i love

doesn't have much to do with these jerkoffs -- i think they were a symptom or something of my f'd upness

doesn't really matter at this point

i just have to help those i love now realize they are beautiful human beings

thanks for your input folks!

i sometimes marvel at the variety of responses on a thread - and then wonder what innies make of it all.....there was a standardized indoctrination process we all went through going into TWI

- - BUT - -

each of us has a different story, maybe used a different escape route, a different process for freeing ourselves of not only the flesh & blood entanglement of the organization but just as importantly the mindset......

.....and perhaps all that seems like such a daunting task to someone still on the inside - wanting the things we talk about but unsure of what it takes to attain them.

.....and to be honest, freedom from TWI and the mindset can take a lot of work sometimes but it's worth it. And besides support & resources outside the Way's walls, i think the very real feeling of once again taking charge of your life grows on you.

• Upvote 1

• 5 years later...

I can tell you're having fun rummaging through old threads, higherground.  Here's to thinking outside the PFAL book :)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Twinky said:

I can tell you're having fun rummaging through old threads, higherground.  Here's to thinking outside the PFAL book :)

Twinky,

Hope your enjoying your holiday!

These threads are a treasure collected over years and years of heart poured truth 

Greasepot Cafe is where it's at :dance:

• Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2011 at 10:40 PM, T-Bone said:

... each of us has a different story, maybe used a different escape route, a different process for freeing ourselves of not only the flesh & blood entanglement of the organization but just as importantly the mindset......

.....and perhaps all that seems like such a daunting task to someone still on the inside - wanting the things we talk about but unsure of what it takes to attain them.

.....and to be honest, freedom from TWI and the mindset can take a lot of work sometimes but it's worth it. And besides support & resources outside the Way's walls, i think the very real feeling of once again taking charge of your life grows on you.

Hear, hear!

• 4 months later...
On 2/27/2011 at 0:46 AM, T-Bone said:

Remember the good old days in TWI – when problem-solving was made easy. Any challenge, obstacle, problem 1, or issue could be handled by a simple formula, rule, list of steps/keys, principle, pat phrase, or when all else fails S.I.T. Needless to say – for the most part these "problem-solving" tips were great for relieving one of a very heavy burden - - - thinking. These became our repertoire in counseling, decision-making or in any typical problem-solving context.

To receive anything from God you must first know what, class? What are the keys to walking by the spirit? What is the great principle? Believing equals what, class?.....i'll take what is bu11 $h it2 for $200, Alex.

~~

I've thought a lot about when I first heard The Passing of the Patriarch and the aftershocks of turmoil, confusion, frustration, doubt, fear and even anger. And maybe it was after the dust settled that many started experiencing a unique sensation called thinking. This was a milestone in the next phase of a journey – the re-awakening of problem-solving skills.

It's been said a problem clearly defined is halfway solved4. I think there may be something to that. However, when you're knee deep in the BS2 of leaders blame-shifting, avoiding the issues, attributing any problems, failures and trouble in the ranks as being caused by devil spirits you have about as much chance of identifying the problem as a blind man would in finding a blue book in the middle of a stack of orange books3. Maybe an aberrant form of the inverse would apply here – any problem defined by TWI is as clear as mud and will take forever and a day to solve.

So by discouraging thinking and stunting growth of problem-solving skills, TWI in effect just about guarantees that a follower will fail at solving the greatest problem of all – why life in the Way Ministry is so miserable.

Perhaps if the solution was laid out in a simple list – more folks would leave TWI…

In order to be free of TWI you must know

1. Freedom is available: I can recall many a teaching that laid out their prophecy of doom – any choice other than the ministry's way leads only to oblivion. Don't believe that BS2. Think outside the box5.

2. How to receive it: pack your bags and high-tail it outta there. Pass "go" and do not collect the abundant sharing – matter of fact, give any collected money back to folks. Believing you're free equals you'll be leaving the Way Tree.

3. What to do with it after you've got it: don't look back! Join Grease Spot. Witness to friends & family about your new found freedom.

4. Your willingness to comply equals their ability to ensnare you: become rebellious. Pray in the name of Davey Crockett at your next twig meeting. Question everything they say. Pour cayenne pepper on the critical thinking lobe of your brain.

5. Needs and wants don't have to be parallel: they don't have to be perpendicular, concentric, or elliptical either. This is America for gosh sakes. Land of the FREE and home of those brave enough to thumb their noses at pseudo-religious control-freaks.

~~

~~

footnotes

1. Note to reader on the above use of "problem"; in case you've lost your TWI Secret Decoder Ring, in the beginning "problem" was encrypted to appear as "opportunity". When was "the beginning"? According to the gap theory, it was sometime between plagiarizing the material of Kenyon, BG Leonard and a host of others. How long was that period of time? You can make it as long as you like. If any of you scholars out there want to place the dinosaurs in that time period, feel free to do so. As a matter of fact that will be addressed later in my class when we look into the evolutionary process of fossil fuels changing into snow covered gas pumps….by the way, tonight's message boys and girls is "….take more PFAL…"

2. bu11 $h i+ and BS, also known as the rightly divided word of vic.

3. To be fair, there are numerous cases on record of blind people easily identifying the Blue Book from the Orange Book when book covers were in Braille. There are also numerous cases of people with a unique form of mental blindness who cannot tell the difference between the Bible and any of the PFAL books.

4. Perhaps the other side of the coin that states "a problem clearly defined is halfway solved" might read "the biggest obstacle to solving a problem is being unaware that there is a problem.

5. The box refers to the itty bitty room where you first took the class, and specifies the exact dimensions of your projected growth – analogous to the idea that fish will only grow so big inside a very small tank. Jump out of the tank why dontcha!

~~

edited in this day and time and hour by someone who has not mastered the art of telling time :rolleyes:

T-Bone, you rock!

On 2/27/2011 at 2:20 AM, Human without the bean said:

Clearly too much time on your hands T-Bone. Yes indeedy twi's steps to success paved many roads to self-dilution. Twi always had the answers, the sayings, the acronyms, the formulas. :evildenk: A strategy for any problem, in any and every faucet for any environment.

When we were inside we couldn't see just how hypocritical twi had become because inside the way wille way was the only way. :evilshades:

Now outside looking in we (GSC) can truly think outside the bun.

Outside the cult also!

On 2/28/2011 at 10:40 PM, T-Bone said:

thanks for your input folks!

i sometimes marvel at the variety of responses on a thread - and then wonder what innies make of it all.....there was a standardized indoctrination process we all went through going into TWI

- - BUT - -

each of us has a different story, maybe used a different escape route, a different process for freeing ourselves of not only the flesh & blood entanglement of the organization but just as importantly the mindset......

For sure, T-Bone.  Also, I live spending my time, and money on things that are important to me.

• Upvote 1