GreaseSpot Cafe

Fast-Tracking Spiritual Maturity

skyrider

Wierwille had the programs for fast-tracking spiritual maturity.

The WOW Program.......go and grow 10 years in one. Go wow now.

The Corps Program.....upon graduation, the corps will achieve spiritual maturity.

All-Aboard !! ......everybody, collectively, get on-board and don't miss the ride. The "corps train"...er "training"....will take you there. But where is THERE, you ask? Spiritual maturity....of course.

Everything about the corps program was a train ride.......no individuality, no side-trips, no spontaneity, no choice, no diner stops, no sight-seeing, .......just the monotone ramblings of the wheels over the tracks hour after hour, day after day. Is this worth it? What's at the end? When the train stops, then what?

Graduation day arrives. The train ride is over.

Now what?

Slave encampment. :smilie_kool_aid:

The Corps Program.....upon graduation, the corps will achieve spiritual maturity.

All-Aboard !! ......everybody, collectively, get on-board and don't miss the ride. The "corps train"...er "training"....will take you there. But where is THERE, you ask? Spiritual maturity....of course.

Everything about the corps program was a train ride.......no individuality, no side-trips, no spontaneity, no choice, no diner stops, no sight-seeing, .......just the monotone ramblings of the wheels over the tracks hour after hour, day after day. Is this worth it? What's at the end? When the train stops, then what?

Graduation day arrives. The train ride is over.

Now what?

Slave encampment. :smilie_kool_aid:

Yeah, but look at what they considered "spiritual maturity" if most of us had known....we would have RUN the other way as fast as our feet would take us. It ties in with what you were saying about secrecy. The whole thing was an illusion....there was no spiritual maturity...it was a cover for an old perv. All that monotone, busy work, and the minutia we focused on in scripture kept the cash rolling in and the drone bees droning so the king bee could mate.

Socrates linked this story on another thread....it is from Dr. Juedes site.

Periodically after that Dr. Wierwille would send for me and we would take. When he would try to lead me into something else, I told him, "I'm not ready. I still don't see it in the Word." I was trying to research all I could find in the Bible about "sex." One day I confronted him with what I found, and he responded, "Whatsoever things are pure... think on these things" (from Philippians). He strongly implied that I was thinking evil about it-- therefore in my mind it was evil, even though it was pure to him. He probably made the perfect sex offender, making it seem as though the victim was the one at fault.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

After discovering Dr. Wierwille was the perpetrator of these wrong doctrines, I studied sex outside of marriage and I confronted Dr. Wierwille around 1982. It is my opinion, that he was too drunk on Drambuie to take my confrontation of the word seriously.

Yeah, but look at what they considered "spiritual maturity" if most of us had known....we would have RUN the other way as fast as our feet would take us. It ties in with what you were saying about secrecy. The whole thing was an illusion....there was no spiritual maturity...

Exactly......there was NO spiritual maturity.

The wierwille agenda was an illusion to a social/spiritual utopia.......where the two-rails of the train-track were obfuscation and predation.

I have to disagree with you. I think there is a lot to be learned about spiritual maturity from TWI. And especially from the programs it ran. Chief of those, the Corps program.

The important thing to know, however, is that the spiritual maturity begins AFTER you have done these AND GOT OUT, and really start to THINK about what happened, what you saw, what you did, what others did.

When you start to think about how those things line up with Biblical principle, and learn "What it is" and "What it is not."

When you understand what you did not get "taught;" how you learned not to engage with those you were supposed to help; when you should rejoice with those who rejoice, and when you should weep with those who weep.

When you realize our multi-faceted God has more than the facet shown by TWI.

When you grasp those things, then you start to gain spiritual maturity.

:evilshades:

And it's as fast-track as you can learn to think again.

The Corps Program.....upon graduation, the corps will achieve spiritual maturity.....

hmmmmm.....vp harnessing all his years of "experience", formal education, "scholarly" labors, "original" ideas, inventing the hook shot in basketball, and the hot-line to God Almighty into forming programs which would develop a similar level of "maturity" in followers.....yeah, that's the fast-track ticket alright.

vp thumbed his nose at people who had experience or expertise - right after he stole from them anything he thought would help promote his agenda of ego and power......

just like any get-rich-quick book. the only one who gets rich quick is the author. vp's promise was a get-spiritually-mature-quick scheme - but the only thing it enriched was vp's ego and power [see above note on his agenda].

hmmmmm.....vp harnessing all his years of "experience", formal education, "scholarly" labors, "original" ideas, inventing the hook shot in basketball, and the hot-line to God Almighty into forming programs which would develop a similar level of "maturity" in followers.....yeah, that's the fast-track ticket alright.

vp thumbed his nose at people who had experience or expertise - right after he stole from them anything he thought would help promote his agenda of ego and power......

just like any get-rich-quick book. the only one who gets rich quick is the author. vp's promise was a get-spiritually-mature-quick scheme - but the only thing it enriched was vp's ego and power [see above note on his agenda].

And yet....with all vpw's formal education, he still struggled with thoughts that "Had my father spent all this money to raise a fool?"

Wierwille found his pathway forward when he took BG Leonard's class.....because "The Teacher" stood at the front of the class for all to see. The pfal class became the bedrock of the twi-foundation.....and still is, to this day.

But.....to really get any momentum, wierwille needed something MORE. He needed an army of volunteers who would carry his get-spiritually-mature-quick message forward.

The WOW program plowed the ground for faithfulness...

The Corps program sowed the seeds for class instructors....

Wierwille needed faithful followers to run his classes and "bring home the bacon." The corps program was NOT a leadership program......it was a followership program.

:evildenk:

And yet....with all vpw's formal education, he still struggled with thoughts that "Had my father spent all this money to raise a fool?"

Is that because the answer was probably "YES!" ??

I mean I don't think you, I, or the rest of the peanut gallery around here struggles with those types of thoughts.

Wouldn't that make his father a fool too? :anim-smile:

On the contrary, his father gave his son the chance to not be a fool - a chance that apparently was neglected.

• 6 years later...
On 3/2/2011 at 9:40 AM, skyrider said:

Wierwille found his pathway forward when he took BG Leonard's class.....because "The Teacher" stood at the front of the class for all to see. The pfal class became the bedrock of the twi-foundation.....and still is, to this day.

But.....to really get any momentum, wierwille needed something MORE. He needed an army of volunteers who would carry his get-spiritually-mature-quick message forward.

The WOW program plowed the ground for faithfulness...

The Corps program sowed the seeds for class instructors....

Wierwille needed faithful followers to run his classes and "bring home the bacon." The corps program was NOT a leadership program......it was a followership program.

:evildenk:

Sky, I don't know about the Way Corps, but I think the WOW program was a followership program.  We were supposed to follow what VPW told us to do as WOW's.  I thought the WOW program was a lot of Garbage.  What a waste of my youth.

• 2 weeks later...