GreaseSpot Cafe

Road Trip

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Sanguinetti:

How would I describe the mysterious Pawtucket you ask? Well, he is sort of a cross between Paul Bunyon, Fabio, Bill Gates and Mother Teresa. Gee,

Let's hope he doesn't have Mother Teresa's money, Fabio's intellect, Bill Gates' athletic ability, and Paul Bunyan's grasp of modern technology.

Oakspear

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice...but in practice there is

Well, Paw, if you feel like hanging a right, and heading down South, you are always welcome here in Texas.

We're only about a thousand or so miles south (and a little west) of Chicago.

But let me know, and I'll heat up the hot tub and clean the grill.

Hi Radar:

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner about the restaurant that Pawtucket and I went to. After writing the post and clicking Post Now, the Internet just kind of ate up my post. Must of been all that bouncing around between servers. Anyway Francesco's is on the corner of Hagenberger and Pardee west of the Oakland Coliseum. Radar, you must be a little homesick for your old stomping ground.

Chinson, I should have recognized Tigger, Winnie the Pooh's buddy. An old girl friend of mine loves the Pooh bear.

i'll be on the road myself, for a few

i'll be thinking about you driving as well

i'm driving a maroon volvo with a black drivers door...wave if ya see me!

actually, I'm heading for the northeast (it'll always be home) ....

and i'm begging God to hear some "rude yankee" say, ".... you, you f*cking ....!".. with pure honesty....it would bless me ...yup.....believe that or not!

Jake

time is on our side

Paw,

I can tell the difference between Francesco's and the Spaghetti Factory--thank you!

Some people, NOT YOU (Paul Bunyon and the Italian Stallion or at least the Italian Soccer Star ) but some people do consider spaghetti and Italian food synonymous. (BTW, did you know that some people actually consider Taco Bell Mexican food????)

I think the two of you spending time together is a very scary thought.

ROR

Radar,

I sure ain't one of those. We have some awesome Mexican food places around here. If ever in my neck of the woods I will treat ya to one.

Mark,

Thanks for your description of Paw. Just like I thought he would look.

Onegod,

I love that lightbulb thing, that is great.

ex10,

Is the hot tub and grill thing available to a "non-celebrity" like myself?

Kathy

Chinson,

Well if he talks as "many words" as he emails then you shouldn't have to strain to come up a conversation. He seem to have mastered the ability to say LOADS of things with few words. Oops, just thought of something, when he has emailed me he used things like ???, now how is he going to be able to communicate that via words.

Kathy

If you come thru Memphis on I40, stop at the Cracker Barrel in W.Memphis, AR, our business is 2 blocks from I 40, we will give you a FREE car wash just for stopping by....tues thru saturday.

If you ask Judy or Carla at Cracker Barrel where the car wash is, they will tell you.

We can take in some blues on Beale Street after work and eat some famous Memphis barbeque...

we also have veggies!!!! Maybe Sudo and family would join us.... dont know them yet but who knows.

Whatever you do, have a safe trip and have fun.

Kathy

Come on down anytime! Winter is the hot tub season around here, cool enough to enjoy the warm water, but not so cold your hair freezes and your earrings get stuck to the side of the tub.

We have awesome Mexican food too, and the marguaritas are well, dangerous, if you drink too many while soaking.

I'm sure between the two of us, we could solve all the problems of TWI and it's aftermath.

As my husbands likes to say, "Party on, Wayne."

ex10,

Thank you for the offer, even if I did invite myself first.

Actually I would love to take you up on that offer. Possibly the spring of 2004. I realize that is a lifetime from now but we are going to Florida in the summer, at which time we will be visiting John and Hope. And I will be meeting bowtwi for the first time.

Anyway back to it, the next trip to be taken would be that following spring.

We have friends that live in Texas that want us to visit, well actually they want us to move there.

Hot tub with a margarita in hand and some cool fellowship, oh yea! I?m there dude (also a saying of those guys)

And we could solve a great deal of problems after a couple of those drinks soaking in a warm hot tub. Heck, warm that puppy up I will be right there.

Kathy

Paw---When are you getting here? I'm leaving for San Fransisco Nov. 30th...

Looking at this thread, and seeing all the places and people you are visiting...will you be here by then?

Sounds like chinson may have you for a few extra days with all her cookin' and Chicagian hospitality...

(I'm really good at swearing at other drivers, I could oblige you, OCD!!!)

Are ya'll tryin ta matchmake Paw and me?

People, people, people....(how quickly they forget)...bremember???...I'm already "made"...er, I'm "taken"...oh, you know what I mean!!!!

I do be quite officially and quite permanently off the market!!!!

Sides...Paw doesn't need ANY help wif da ladies....I hear he's a real smoothy!!!!