GreaseSpot Cafe

He really wasn't a *doctor*

Ham

"my *critics* say I got my *doctors* at a degree mill.."

since when does one become one among the most bitter former twi butt kissers because one makes this statement?

"my critics.. they are ALWAYS working against me.. trying to frustrate da movement of da werd. "

god forbid we should call a sleazeball *practically* defrocked *minister* on academic dishonesty.. including claims of taking every class Moody had to offer.. and unchecked plagiarism.

not only did he have a fake degree..

he would have been defrocked, and likely tarred and feathered in the old church if he insisted on not "retiring"..

what I can't see is the "bitterness" connection. How does making the above statement make one to be among the most bitter, most adamant butt kissers known to twi?

a quote from your source:

It is apparent that Wierwille greatly exaggerated his educational achievements in an effort to appear more knowledgeable and credible as a Bible teacher.

Why can't one come to that conclusion without being labeled as being among the most bitter, twi arse kissers?

I mean, the logic is impeccible.

1. da vicster lied about taking Moody bible courses

2.. da vicster got a fake degree run by a a degree mill, run out of the back door of a boarding house..

THEREFORE.. he MUST have done it to greatly inflate his credentials qualifying him as a bible teacher..

well.. you're just a butt kisser..

maybe possessed, or influenced by debils..

besides, there are plenty of other good reasons to get an *honorary* doctorate degree..

:biglaugh:

I dunno about the rest here, but the huge "leaps of faith" in that kind of counter-"argument" kinda makes me go berserk..

well, in a good, non-bitter, self amused way..

This description is rich. Ya, big university there VP. <_<

No doubt the sign over the living room said Student Union. The bedroom said Colorado Dorm. The other bedroom was recently renamed Werewille Dorm. The bathroom was the administration building. The kitchen was the student hang out. The family room was Fellowship Hall...you get the idea.

Oh and the library was...the library.

SoCrates

http://www.precastconcrete.org/~messiah7/quz_ipikepk.htm

Wierwille once defended Pike's Peak Seminary by claiming that its president at the time he attended was Dr. H. Ellis Lininger who "had been the head of the Department of Education for the state of Colorado" (The Way-- Living in Love, p. 189). However, the Colorado Department of Education informed us that Lininger never did head this department as Wierwille claimed.

How could one know when vic was lying? When he was moving his mouth..

fabricated snow storms, angels, and a "doctorate" and even the "school"(see above photo) administrator's qualifications as well..

"but you're just a bitter arse kisser. Go read the bible.."

http://www.biblicalresearchjournal.org/brj-pages_html/001mm04_teachings_vpw.html

After graduating he was invited to study at Oxford University, in England, but would complete his doctorate sometime later under Dr. H. Ellis Lininger, a well-known homiletician, at the Pikes Peak Bible Seminary and Burton College in Manitou Springs, Colorado. He was ordained to the Christian ministry in 1941 and over the next sixteen years would pastor two churches for the Evangelical and Reformed denomination (now called the Church of Christ) in the northwestern Ohio towns of Payne and Van Wert.

Invited to study at Oxford???

his lips were moving again..

http://www.precastconcrete.org/~messiah7/quz_ipikepk.htm

How could one know when vic was lying? When he was moving his mouth..

fabricated snow storms, angels, and a "doctorate" and even the "school"(see above photo) administrator's qualifications as well..

"but you're just a bitter arse kisser. Go read the bible.."

http://www.biblicalresearchjournal.org/brj-pages_html/001mm04_teachings_vpw.html

It was during the fourteen years he pastored in Van Wert that Dr. Wierwille began his quest, in earnest, for the keys to the more abundant life that Jesus Christ promises in John 10:10. As he pursued his own lines of Biblical research, Dr. Wierwille would study with men such as E. Stanley Jones, Glen Clark, Rufus Mosley, J.E. Stiles, Oral Roberts, B.G. Leonard, Starr Daily, Ablert Cliff, Bishop K.C. Pillai, Karl Barth and George M. Lamsa. On October 3, 1942 Dr. Wierwille began an independent radio broadcast on WLOK in Lima, Ohio which after his resignation from the denomination in 1957 would become the world-wide ministry known as "The Way."

This paragraph is full of fluff........... :rolleyes:

Vpw pursued "his own lines of biblical research"......NO, he was seeking out men who would mentor him to raise his own stature.

Dr. Rev. Wierwille would study with men listen to these men preach and teach and, with BG Leonard, Wierwille sat in his class (twice) and then, hi-tailed it back to Ohio to teach the material.

And.....the radio broadcast was inspired by Rev. Fuller's radio presentations.

But hey.....don't let those pesky, little details ruin the wierwille-idol show. :confused:

so, if Lininger was a "well known homiletition"..

hows come an internet search with his name only turns up results from Juedes site, GS and a couple wienerville lover pages?

Those were the non-bitter, unsucking up sites. :)

SoCrates

You know, this whole discussion is amazing.

Let's look at this situation from another viewpoint.

Say Saint Vic claimed to be a brain surgeon. Say it was found out that all he had was a Parker Brothers diploma. I seriously doubt their would be this much debate over whether or not he belonged in an operating room.

Not only that, but I think practicing medicine with out a license can get you some time in the crowbar motel.

Yet, there are people who shrug off his phoney Doctor title. <_<

SoCrates

from the "pro" wienerville site:

When it comes to the historical record of Dr. Wierwille's life and ministry, neither the controversy that surrounded him when he was alive nor the ongoing hashing and rehashing among his former students and others of his faults and failures that came into public view after his death have remained in any way secret. But neither has the fact that, through his books and classes, he led tens of thousands of people into receiving the fullness of the promise of Christ (see the BRJ weblog post Extrordinary Evidence).

so through HIS books.. HIS classes..

I don't know about you.. but I was among those whose constant cheer leading kept a crowd of people "blessed" enough to be in "da class" to not fall into such a deep sleep that they would from sheer boredom start drooling on themselves.. no kidding..

it was *his* great accomplishment? He lead them? No.. it was *us*.. and for that, I offer my most sincere apology..

so, if Lininger was a "well known homiletition"..

hows come an internet search with his name only turns up results from Juedes site, GS and a couple wienerville lover pages?

I've searched for him, too. I've come up empty handed. I think he and Snowball Pete might have been off preaching to the trees when the census was being taken.

edit: I hope that didn't sound too bitter.

Edited by waysider

After graduating he was invited to study at Oxford University, in England

I would really like to see some documentation here..

but the claim, even if TRUE..

he chose the EASY WAY OUT. That is.. not the dedication, persevearance and just plain hard work that it would take to go to a *real* university, and EARN the doctorate..

but I reject the claim to begin with. The "other side" must prove its claim..

Here is an interesting item from the pro vicsters.

You can read Jeff Stanley's take on the furor in the BRJ in the weblog post The Debunking of Victor Paul Wierwille.

here is the link to *mr* st*anley's take:

http://www.biblicalresearchjournal.org/brj-pages_html/001bp_upcoming.html

I commented at the said site. It was polite, no "bad words" or anything. The immediate response?

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will appear once approved by a moderator.

actually, it was pretty benign. It was Waysider's famous quote..

We were salesmen (and ladies), working without commission, even paying for the privilege of hawking Wierwille's Super Elixir. What did we lead people to? We lead them to a pyramid scheme that duped them into joining our ranks. And so the monster grew and multiplied.

(I hope that doesn't sound too bitter.)

• Upvote 1

Ya know, it's hard to not laugh at a site that can't even spell "debunking" correctly.

The Dubunking of Victor Paul Wierwille

--Under Construction--

SOURCE

(I hope that didn't sound too bitter.)

He probably doesn't have an army of drones under him to go forth and sell the class that answers no questions so he could afford spellcheck for his computer.

(I hope that did sound bitter. (Now to sound like a butt kisser))

SoCrates

Typing bitter text since 2010

Sorry Waysider, didn't mean to change your text. I typed that in the wrong place.

Edited by So_crates