GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI production of Way history

penworks

• 5 years later...
On 9/20/2011 at 10:54 PM, waysider said:

Here is my own version of Way history.

In 1916, a grifter was born to pig farmers in rural Ohio. For years, he practiced at perfecting his grifting skills until, years later, he stumbled upon a multilevel marketing business model. Using his polished oratory skills, a penchant for plagiarism and a thin veneer of Biblical references to lend credibility, he hawked his wares to the hapless masses, living high on a hog of another sort until, one day, he croaked.

The end

p.s. He was mad as a hatter.

Way, I thought VPW was born 12/31/1917.

Thanks for posting the video, Penworks

Very weird to watch....I think there ought to be a Grease Spot re-make of that by incorporating WordWolf's Living in Wonderland - - where the story jumps back and forth between what is real and wierwille's delusional version of what took place....kinda like "A Beautiful Mind" but call it " A Deluded Mind" . 

My suggestion to casting would be to have  some egotistical type person with a huge personality and orange hair - play wierwille and KFC's the colonel play uncle harry.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Very weird to watch....I think there ought to be a Grease Spot re-make of that by incorporating WordWolf's Living in Wonderland - - where the story jumps back and forth between what is real and wierwille's delusional version of what took place....kinda like "A Beautiful Mind" but call it " A Deluded Mind" . 

My suggestion to casting would be to have  some egotistical type person with a huge personality and orange hair - play wierwille and KFC's the colonel play uncle harry.

T-Bone, I second that motion!! 

I saw and read the original "letter" and the little pamphlet which followed, during my first in-Rez, 1973-74. Honestly, I was underwlemingly impressed, LOL! Eventually they were displayed at the Sidney House along with Dotsie's original, handwritten diary of the trip. I found her diary much more interesting than that goofy pamphlet. There was no binding of any kind like the one pictured in the Amazon add. It was like a small old Way Magazine from back in the late 50's or early 60's. It was all paper and had a discolored B&W photo on the front depicting an Indian outdoor market selling huge bags of rice and rice by the pound. I definitely do not remember "32 pages"!! It was more like 16-20, in a 5" X 7" format. Typically poorly written sophomoric wierwillean tripe.

Dan Keyes, who plays dictor paul in his minister's outfit, did a whole bunch of these goofy little "historical" skits documenting the Earth-shattering life and minus-tray of dictor paul wierwille. All were as skewed, smarmy, and revisionist as what Penworks posted. If ever I got wind of one of these coming, I made sure I was nowhere near it. LOL! It was a total Ros-a-lie production, which is why normal people get nauseous or ill when they see it! Just like that damn high country caravan garbage. And, as the soup and TWIt's own website demonstrate the retrograde devolution of "way prod" into what it is today. I think ISIS used those videos to torture people before beheading them.

Bottom line? Dic'n'Dotsie's India trip was much ado about nothing. Surprise, surprise! According to Dotsie's diary, there seems to have been a couple of exorcisms and physical healings, but it was definitely no "Jeezus Tour" outside of dic's own narcissistic delusional MOG mind. Most of Dotsie's diary recounted names, locations, descriptions of local geography, foods, people, and names of hosts, and descriptions of their houses. Lots of boring, Midwest American "housewife" reflections or comments about the difference in cultures, dress, foods, scenery, and the abject poverty. As I said, I found it far more interesting and informative than anything in the dilemma pamphlet. Last I saw them was at the Sidney house in 1977.

4 minutes ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

I saw and read the original "letter" and the little pamphlet which followed, during my first in-Rez, 1973-74. Honestly, I was underwlemingly impressed, LOL! Eventually they were displayed at the Sidney House along with Dotsie's original, handwritten diary of the trip. I found her diary much more interesting than that goofy pamphlet. There was no binding of any kind like the one pictured in the Amazon add. It was like a small old Way Magazine from back in the late 50's or early 60's. It was all paper and had a discolored B&W photo on the front depicting an Indian outdoor market selling huge bags of rice and rice by the pound. I definitely do not remember "32 pages"!! It was more like 16-20, in a 5" X 7" format. Typically poorly written sophomoric wierwillean tripe.

Dan Keyes, who plays dictor paul in his minister's outfit, did a whole bunch of these goofy little "historical" skits documenting the Earth-shattering life and minus-tray of dictor paul wierwille. All were as skewed, smarmy, and revisionist as what Penworks posted. If ever I got wind of one of these coming, I made sure I was nowhere near it. LOL! It was a total Ros-a-lie production, which is why normal people get nauseous or ill when they see it! Just like that damn high country caravan garbage. And, as the soup and TWIt's own website demonstrate the retrograde devolution of "way prod" into what it is today. I think ISIS used those videos to torture people before beheading them.

Bottom line? Dic'n'Dotsie's India trip was much ado about nothing. Surprise, surprise! According to Dotsie's diary, there seems to have been a couple of exorcisms and physical healings, but it was definitely no "Jeezus Tour" outside of dic's own narcissistic delusional MOG mind. Most of Dotsie's diary recounted names, locations, descriptions of local geography, foods, people, and names of hosts, and descriptions of their houses. Lots of boring, Midwest American "housewife" reflections or comments about the difference in cultures, dress, foods, scenery, and the abject poverty. As I said, I found it far more interesting and informative than anything in the dilemma pamphlet. Last I saw them was at the Sidney house in 1977.

DWBH, please correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Mrs. W forced to leave baby JP behind, when they went to India??  I would have taken my baby with me on the trip, or not taken the trip.  It must have been very hard for her to leave her new baby behind.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

DWBH, I remember HCC!  Yuck!!!  I know why you didn't want to be around them; I thought they were boring as Hell.

On 9/15/2011 at 5:08 PM, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

it's TWI spin zone :smilie_kool_aid:

Maybe Rod Serling's TWIlight Zone

On 7/26/2017 at 9:43 AM, T-Bone said:

You mean Donald Trump, our Make America Great again, President?

28 minutes ago, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

You mean Donald Trump, our Make America Great again, President?

Was thinking of a celebrity look-alike  :biglaugh:  But I guess he'll do...then we can re-title our little TWI play as "Make My Cult Great Again"....and given the chaos of folks in and out  - we might see a few more try-outs in casting from folks out of work.

• Upvote 1