GreaseSpot Cafe

GIve it a rest

Got this in me email today:

Hi Folks,

This is 4 min, and parallels what we are to be doing with the Word: leaving a legacy for others, a bridge of Truth on which they can negotiate the raging torrents of life. It is sad that so many of our former peers have lost sight of that vision of "W.O.W."

Lots of love,

John

Bridges of Meghalaya

I mean give it a rest. WOW was a boondoggle only to form the foundation for way disciple, an even bigger boondoggle of cult indoctrination and control. John-boy needs to get off Victoid's coat-tails and start in a new direction.

It is sad that so many of our former peers have lost sight of that vision of "W.O.W."

some among us would rephrase this.

it is a pity that some of our former peers have lost sight of the vision of P.O.W.

One of my local heros here displayed a "never forget" flag under his American flag..

a dear, dear friend, now "promoted to Glory" by his religion..

I haven't lost sight of W.O.W. In fact, it's never been clearer to me what is real purpose was. It was a massive sales campaign that utilized an uncompensated sales force, to promote a class that was, in reality, a platform for indoctrination into the MLM organization.....Leaving a legacy? More like a path of destruction.

I haven't lost sight of W.O.W. In fact, it's never been clearer to me what is real purpose was. It was a massive sales campaign that utilized an uncompensated sales force, to promote a class that was, in reality, a platform for indoctrination into the MLM organization.....Leaving a legacy? More like a path of destruction.

I duddno. destruction is cool, and all, even if it is my own..

Destruction can be good...like the wildfires in the Southwest U.S. before it was permanently inhabited by humans...The fires served a vital function in the continuum of the eco-cycle. Not so sure about this particular W.O.W. example, though.

Edited by waysider

Thanks, Old Skool. It's hard to drum up anything other than pity for an aging man who knows his glory days are far behind him. But he brought it all on himself.

I was a WOW in '82-'83. I think it was where the Lord wanted me to be, not for Wierwille's purposes, which were to sell PFAL and recruit followers to the Trustees' hidden agenda, but for the Lord's purposes, which I don't think I'll completely understand until I know even as I am known.

I HAVE lost sight of that vision of "W.O.W.", largely due to the ministrations of John Lynn himself.

I am currently a student in a seminary working on a bona fide masters degree in theological studies, and I'm having every bit as much fun "moving" the genuine Word of God as I ever had promoting Wierwille's multi-level marketed version of John Darby's dispensationalism.

John could still be having a blast walking with the Lord, if he would turn his back on the errors he soaked up at Wierwille's feet, but that would mean that John would have to shift paradigms.

Love,

Steve

Edited by Steve Lortz

...what we are to be doing with the Word: leaving a legacy for others...

"Everyone then who hears these words of mine [Jesus] and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on rock. The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not act on them will be like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell - and great was its fall!" (Matthew 7:24-27 NRSV)

ALL the effort we spent on building TWI, ALL the effort we spent on building CES, ALL the effort we spent building STFI has been washed away, because those organizations were built on the plagiarized words of (not a doctor) Wierwille, rather than on the words of the Lord ("they aren't addressed to the Church, you know").

The only legacy left by Wierwille and those who remain committed to his error consists of death, divorce, ruin and confusion.

Love,

Steve

Edited by Steve Lortz

from his email...does he really still believe this? :confused:

"And what did God do in the 1960s to combat the enemy’s assault? One of the most significant things on the entire spectrum of Church history: the Power For Abundant Living class in The Way International. That unique class then went from a farm in Ohio to liberate people in 60 countries by teaching them more biblical Truth than had been available anywhere else on earth since the first century."

"And what did God do in the 1960s to combat the enemy’s assault? One of the most significant things on the entire spectrum of Church history: the Power For Abundant Living class in The Way International. That unique class then went from a farm in Ohio to liberate people in 60 countries by teaching them more biblical Truth than had been available anywhere else on earth since the first century."

doggie-pooper-scooper.jpg

If you don't mind, I'd like to know where this quote came from. Was it the same email Old Skool got the video clip from? How recently has he been writing things like this? Thanks!

Love,

Steve

Edited by Steve Lortz

"And what did God do in the 1960s to combat the enemyÂ’s assault? One of the most significant things on the entire spectrum of Church history: the Power For Abundant Living class in The Way International. That unique class then went from a farm in Ohio to liberate people in 60 countries by teaching them more biblical Truth than had been available anywhere else on earth since the first century."

One of the problems I've noticed with John, and all the other offshoot leaders I've had a chance to observe, is that they mistakenly believe their own hyperbole. They unconsciously believe in their hearts, "since I am dedicated to speaking truth, then everything I say must be true." They buy their own hype.

John wrote, "...one of the most significant things in the entire spectrum of Church history..."

I have before me a copy of Diarmaid MacCulloch's Christianity, The First Three Thousand Years. It's about 1,200 pages long, and my assignment for this week (it's the textbook we're using in class) is to summarize pages 289 through 395.

John's statement doesn't really tell us anything about PFAL. It tells us EVERYTHING about John's ignorance of "the entire spectrum of Church history."

I find it sadly appalling that John's recent motion has been BACK toward W.O.W. and Power For Abundant Living instead of FORWARD from C.E.S. and Introduction To God's Heart. It tells me he's running out of steam, as well as followers. He has nothing that appeals to new people, only to ex-wafers nostalgic for the good ol' days.

Love,

Steve

Edited by Steve Lortz

"He has nothing that appeals to new people, only to ex-wafers nostalgic for the good ol' days."

=====================================================================================================

.....and, because there never really were any "good ol' days", only the perception of "good ol'days", that leaves him with.....nothing.

"And what did God do in the 1960s to combat the enemy’s assault?

Maybe He created LSD..

:biglaugh:

sowie..

carry on.

sorry. That was the 1940's. Maybe da victoid should have tried some. Then again, who is to say he didn't..

seeing snow on gas pumps in early august.. hearing angels lying about weather reports.

You know.

I've seen some pretty strange s*it. Even without the drug. But I can take it all in moderation..

Hi Folks,

This is 4 min, and parallels what we are to be doing with the Word: leaving a legacy for others, a bridge of Truth on which they can negotiate the raging torrents of life. It is sad that so many of our former peers have lost sight of that vision of "W.O.W."

Lots of love,

John

oh fut the shuck up i'm tired