GreaseSpot Cafe

evil spirits

excathedra

on two different occasions years apart i definitely saw a dark shadow hovering in the corner of the room (it scooted about one of those times) and got horrible vibes and there was strange stuff happening. it would take me a while to explain both times. i may have done here previously, but i will again if need be....

another time when i was selling way books door to door in north carolina, i was walking up a driveway and two little children came running up to the backyard fence that met the driveway and they had horrible terrible troll like old faces, so i didn't knock at the door

there are other times very spooky things happened

what do you think?

I do believe there are evil spirits, and I have done so since I was a teenager, because of experiences my brother and I had. That was long before I ever heard of TWI.

I don't think evil spirits have any more power than they can fool us into thinking they have. The first time the spirits I had been messing with tried to kill me, they fled when I managed to get out the words "...God help me..." That ALSO was years before I became involved with TWI.

I KNOW they don't have the powers Wierwille attributed to them in the Advanced Class. I know they don't operate the way Martindale portrayed them in Athletes of the Spirit.

It's a long and convoluted story that's been going on far longer than there have been written records.

If you're looking for something more than simple affirmation of your experiences, I can provide citations to some of the material that has led me to these conclusions.

Incidentally, one of the reason Christianity spread as fast as it did in the first century was because people who became Christians were no longer afraid of evil spirits. Not like the goofballs at TWI HQ.

Love,

Steve

Edited by Steve Lortz

I do believe there are evil spirits, and I have done so since I was a teenager, because of experiences my brother and I had. That was long before I ever heard of TWI.

I KNOW they don't have the powers Wierwille attributed to them in the Advanced Class. I know they don't operate the way Martindale portrayed them in Athletes of the Spirit.

It's a long and convoluted story that's been going on far longer than there have been written records.

If you're looking for something more than simple affirmation of your experiences, I can provide citations to some of the material that has led me to these conclusions.

Yes Steve, can you elaborate on your conclusions?

I've had times when I knew they were there. I think the fear of spirits by twi was relatively recent. John Lynn said at my advanced class that he hoped he never saw one again. Meaning it was possible. I heard that at the 1983 AC at Rome City the speakers repeatedly told people not to believe every body they heard was born of the wrong seed really was.

I think some things LCM said in AOS were true.

1) Literally we're not soldiers OR athletes, we're BELIEVERS. Athletes is more relevant because we don't kill our adversaries like a soldier would, we try to not let them attack us.

2) The dance routines portray different attacks the adversary does to us. I don't know if there are only 6, like LCM said, but I think the devil attacks people (seeking whom he may devour).

But, yeah, during the 90s LCM was seeing spirits EVERYWHERE. Reminds me of that Nickelodian cartoon 'Fairly odd parents'. One of the teachers in Timmy Turner's school is sure that fairies exist and obsesses about them and every so often he will spazz out and shout "FAIRIES!!!" That's what LCM was doing there for awhile. One time he said something like...he get nervous when he thinks about devil spirits because the devil is a big shot and...he's after ME...cause I am his biggest foe, but be assured little flock, I, LCM, your leader, am staying the course. He'll never hurt you. He didn't say those exact words, but I inferred that from one of his rants. Poor guy. Whatta sap.

As for dealing with spirits, I like what Steve said. Call upon God. Ask for His help.

on two different occasions years apart i definitely saw a dark shadow hovering in the corner of the room (it scooted about one of those times) and got horrible vibes and there was strange stuff happening. it would take me a while to explain both times. i may have done here previously, but i will again if need be....

another time when i was selling way books door to door in north carolina, i was walking up a driveway and two little children came running up to the backyard fence that met the driveway and they had horrible terrible troll like old faces, so i didn't knock at the door

there are other times very spooky things happened

what do you think?

Maybe the kids had a genetic disorder or hereditary disease that causes facial disfigurement. It is rare, but very possible. Poorly lit rooms have shadows and light can play funny tricks....as well as our minds when we are in unfamiliar or eerie settings. Was there a candle lit? Shadows bounce like crazy in candlelight.

I am not doubting you had experiences or saying I know what they were, but more times than not there are plausible explanations. Personally, I think you are more likely to find the devil hiding himself in the pulpit or behind a smile than at a seance or in a darkly lit room.

I believe there are evil spirits from my time dabbling in the occult before TWI. I think Wierwille ripped off his information for the advanced class from the multitude of books on display at the junk tables each year during the advanced class, though I have no proof and will limit my statement to my opinion.

And every time I had the advanced class (3 in total because of in-rex training) we were cautioned to never read the books on the junk tables. Wierwille had already done so and of course God afforded him special protection to not get possessed and he had done all the work for us, so he could teach us what we needed to know. :evildenk:

Ex, if you wanna talk, PM me. There are evil spirits (and good ones, too) - I've had a lot of experiences before, during, and after my time in twi. A lot can be explained away, some can't.

The worst one I had the spirit fled when I called on God to help me. This was prior to my time in twi.

I do think that the worst evil is (as was said before) behind the pulpit. Often, as Christians, we are too blindly trusting of those in authority, and at the same time disregard the spirit of God within us that is telling us to flee these evil men.

I have more to say, but I have a lot to do today and I need to get going.

My husband had a choking experience with a ghost of an old woman right when he first got involved with TWI.

I had a 'vision' of my former Household fellowship's face morph into his face but with wolf characteristics, weird and scary, a few months before we left TWI. I think that was a warning, though don't know if it was my own subconscious or something else. He was wolf-like, in the merciless, predator scary sense.

i appreciate the replies

g-gal there were no candles or seances those times when the dark thing scooted around. i remember thinking the second time that God was showing me something because it reminded of the first time. dot matrix and i were sharing a room the first time and franklin smith was awaken by God and came to our room. dot remembers it much better than i do. there was more to it. the second time -- oh it's a long story -- we came home from a bar (not drunk) but this gal was acting very strange and that's when the second one....

as far as the kids, i guess they could have a disorder, but they came so fast to the gate and they looked like something i had once seen in a movie (scary movie) and it's kind of like when you see something but you are seeing it from spiritual eyes.... and then when i left i looked back and they were fresh faces lovely looking kids

hope this explain a little

java love to talk -- especially about good spirts

One time when a dearly beloved family member was dying I saw this weird thing in the corner of the room. It was black and conical shaped, about five feet high, and had straw-like covering, like a witch doctor or something. I thought I was hallucinating.

The kids Exxie saw could have had progeria, a genetic anomaly that causes premature aging.

I still "sense" a presence via a chill that runs down my spine but I don't always know if it's good or evil. And I never go through the "cookie jar" steps at all.

i appreciate the replies

g-gal there were no candles or seances those times when the dark thing scooted around. i remember thinking the second time that God was showing me something because it reminded of the first time. dot matrix and i were sharing a room the first time and franklin smith was awaken by God and came to our room. dot remembers it much better than i do. there was more to it. the second time -- oh it's a long story -- we came home from a bar (not drunk) but this gal was acting very strange and that's when the second one....

as far as the kids, i guess they could have a disorder, but they came so fast to the gate and they looked like something i had once seen in a movie (scary movie) and it's kind of like when you see something but you are seeing it from spiritual eyes.... and then when i left i looked back and they were fresh faces lovely looking kids

hope this explain a little

java love to talk -- especially about good spirts

Please don't get me wrong...I absolutely believe you.....I grew up with a Mom who dabbled in all kinds of things and we always had weird things happening. While I was in TWI I had strange things happen, but all has been quiet for a long time. :) I believe the scriptures, so I do believe it is a spiritual world. My gut reaction is to reassure and look for a more palatable explanation. Who wants to believe they have been visited by demons?

There are kids with missing chromosomes, and depending on what is missing....they can look like you described. It is very sad.

When I first started thinking about getting out of twi, I had a realization - that if there were 1/3 of the angels under the devil, then there were 2/3 that still weren't. Why was I so concerned about the 1/3? They were outnumbered 2 to 1. So I asked God to start showing me the good ones. ... Because in twi I only saw the bad ones. Probably because they were what I was looking for. And I don't think any good ones would try to get the attention of someone who didn't want to see them.

Anyway... After that things started changing a lot for me. I saw the good in other people more, and I saw other stuff, too. Like when I was pregnant with my daughter I saw an old woman by the baby's room. She was only there for a second. I later saw a picture of her on my inlaw's wall. She was my husband's grandmother! I think she was there as a protector of my family.

When I was in labor with my daughter I had a conversation with a beautiful tall African woman who no one else saw. She told me that I just needed to be strong for my daughter during the labor and everything would be fine. She held my hand and have me strength. I think she was an angel.

Twi would have said these experiences were devilish. They weren't. Twi was devilish.

Evil spirits are not always dark or strange-looking objects. In the book of Genesis, Eve spoke to a shining one. Lucifer was the angel of light; evil spirits can be shining and pretty. And clever.

I once knew this preacher guy, he was in Ohio if I remember correctly. Or was it Kansas? Maybe it was Colorado. Well, anyway, he could start the day teaching from the Bible, and end the day with his hand in your panties. That right there is what you call clever.

Lots more good spirits than evil ones, yeah. Plus God is good, so it's the good ones we need to seek and trust.

When I first started thinking about getting out of twi, I had a realization - that if there were 1/3 of the angels under the devil, then there were 2/3 that still weren't. Why was I so concerned about the 1/3? They were outnumbered 2 to 1.

That's such a great point. TWI is so fixated on the adversary that they made his kingdom the pinnacle of their teaching series, not God's. They are in awe of the adversary on so many levels.

That's such a great point. TWI is so fixated on the adversary that they made his kingdom the pinnacle of their teaching series, not God's. They are in awe of the adversary on so many levels.

What a really smart observation. The scriptures don't say a great deal about Satan......they say enough to make us aware and really no more than that. We are to be aware, not to be ignorant of his ways and resist. God doesn't give Satan a great deal of PR and what we can take from that is that our response should also be proportional. Satan is not to be our focus or fascination.

I am not really sure where TWI got all their information on the devils kingdom or methods, but I do know that much of what they say and believe doesn't come from the scriptures. Not without a great deal of reading into them with the wrong focus. Imagine what they miss with such a skewed vision?

Satan fell from heaven because he wanted prominence. TWI simply gives him what he wants.....

• Upvote 1

I am not really sure where TWI got all their information on the devils kingdom or methods, but I do know that much of what they say and believe doesn't come from the scriptures.

The best I can tell is the information was ripped off from various occult books that are displayed on the "junk tables" each year at the advanced class.

They practically say as much when they would tell the students to go and view the books because Wierwille had read through all of them to learn about Satan's kingdom. (To paraphrase) Of course we were cautioned to never read the material on our own because God watched out for him while he studied the material. (To paraphrase) The inference was we would not be spiritually mature enough to deal with the books and Wierwille was. My guess is we would see yet again Wierwille's plagiarism in all of it's glory!

thanks again geish and all and great point opera buff

what i saw that day with the little children was something from a horror movie called "don't look now" which i had seen a year or two before. it was a dwarf face

but anyway, enough about that

i'm not trying to "glorify the devil" -- i personally prefer good spirits and guardian angels :)

I look at the awareness of spirits - good and evil as just part of my overall relationship with my Father. I discuss things with Him. If there's something He wants me to see He lets me know. Sometimes I wonder why, but usually it's evident - either to avoid something or to help in some way, or just to pray. The times I don't know why I believe that it might be important in the future somehow.

I don't like discussing the specifics of all this as I think it's just for your private prayer life and relationship with God. We all can see the horrors of what happens when people "overshare" regarding these experiences with all the witch hunting in CFF and all the "revelations" there. There people can and did mix up politics, personal battles, and dreams all together into one large vat of crapola. The same happens in TWI with all of the different purges, and there have been and are many purges.

Sure there are evil spirits. It's still very true that "greater is He that is in you than He that is in the world". And its true that like Jesus was tempted in the wilderness to recklessly rely on a display of God's power, we will get tempted with spiritual knowledge to get cocky and trip up so that knowledge can be used against us. In a lot of ways I believe that all the stupid mechanics of "the manifestations" we were taught in TWI just got in our way. I've always had what I needed praying simply like a little child, and that includes God setting things up for me to see what He wants me to see - sometimes that's insight or vision spiritually, other times it can be just circumstances and life unfolding in a certain way. For me, the relationship is still the key.

These days, when I hear talk about spirits, I find myself reminiscing about the magic routine that Bullwinkle Moose tried, unsuccessfully, to execute in

. Bullwinkle, with mystic turban in place, would announce, "Heeny Peeny, Chili Beany, the spirits are about to speak." Rocky's response would be to pose the question....."Are they friendly spirits?"

ps. if i find (or you find) something about evil devil spirits, please post

i've had knee-jerk reaction feeling that i have been reproved and better get in line

no one's fault, mind youj

I hope you don't think I was attempting to reprove you.....I was speaking collectively about TWI and I don't think posting a question about evil spirits on a forum where we all share a similar history and understanding .....qualifies as glorifying the devil.

Weird things happen. If you want to hear an interesting take on things like spirits and giants and the like ......there is an ex-twi guy... hubby and I once caught on Coast to Coast. We were driving home late and this guy came on and we thought he must be ex-way. Sure enough....we looked him up and Rome City is on his resume. I don't remember him from TWI, but maybe others do....Dr. Patrick Heron. He wrote a book ... Nephilim and the Pyramids. The Coast to Coast he was on is still on YouTube. If nothing else, it is fascinating to listen to his take on things, and he does talk about devil spirits.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/onWHkJO0m3M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by geisha779

no geisha, i didn't think you were -- i think it's mostly my mind. i always feel like i easily fall in line when.... well, whatever.....

yeah, i remember paddy heron. i was in corps program with his wonderful brother mick who died :(

i forgot about his book actually. there were threads on here at one time, but i'll take a look at what you posted

and thanks

i dont doubt the existence of an exotic array of spirits as entities in the universe...i cant help but assume this any more. i find it valid to classify them as good and evil in relative terms only, but not absolute.

i also dont doubt the existence of an exotic array of spirits as voices in our minds hearts and bodies. Any given soul has choirs of choirs of angels singing inside at all times. Sometimes one or more of them are more discordant than others. Sometimes more harmonious. The overall composition varies wildly from person to person and time to time. Size does not seem like a limitation on depth or complexity in this direction. In general, to find those primary and overarching voices of them all is to find those archangels we have been seeking outside all along.

imho...this orchestra of inner angels and demons are not foreign entities that do not belong...but native inhabitants...like vital organs. What makes them evil to us is much like when an organ is injured, fails or somehow out of balance with the rest of the organs.

Edited by sirguessalot