GreaseSpot Cafe

God's Blessings in Spite of The Way International

OldSkool

I want to post up some personal information on my son. Those of you who are still in and lurk here may know me, and let the witness of God's goodness stand!

My son was born with little kidney function and eventually was on dialysis over two years. Though he stayed healthy, he was diagnosed with end stage renal disease.

When in the way international I was taught (to paraphrase) that God worked in the functioning household - which of course equated to the way international. If you were outside of the household (a.k.a outside TWI) God was severely limited in what he could do for you because you had turned your back on God and his true household. Obviously, this is a lie.

I left the way after having a very hard time with the directors because of my concern to provide the best possible for my family, and unfortunately, that ran cross-purposes to a potential way corps assignment the directors wanted for me. Thus the harassment started and I eventually relocated from headquarters and left TWI soon after. After leaving the way international is where my story begins.

Shortly after TWI relocated me to a nearby city, me and my family moved to Cincinnati because my son's care was transferred there when he started dialysis. Moving to Cincinnati we networked into our local neighborhood, we involved ourselves in one of the neighborhood churches, and we made many new friends. I also became a happy hour regular at the corner pub where I made many more friends. I also found employment in my neighborhood in addition to my home based business. Needless to say, it was a very good move for my family.

Though my son was on the deceased donor list, he waited for over two years and never received. Though we worked through many potential donors, all were disqualified. When things looked the most bleak a young lady stepped forward and said she would donate.

Now, I met this young lady through one of my friends at the corner pub. She is his daughter in-law. When she heard of his condition at a friends pig roast she was touched, but unable to do anything because she was pregnant. Fast forward several months to my bosses annual Christmas party and she asked my wife how she could begin the donation process.

She was a perfect match, she passed all testing with flying colors and quite remarkably I might add. Though still in somewhat disbelief, I began to get excited.

On May 15, 2012, my son successfully underwent a kidney transplant. He is doing excellent, and his doctors remark frequently that his recovery is textbook perfect. The young lady that donated is recovering very well and is back on her feet with no complications. We are supported by family and a network of friends. Our neighborhood Church is the best and has coordinated meals for us, and sent a Pastor to come pray with us. They are very gracious, loving, and helpful. If that weren't enough the corner pub will soon do a benefit for my family to cover expenses. I am astounded at the Lord's deliverance for my family and how loving and helpful people have been towards us.

So, at cross purposes with the board of directors, I removed myself and family from their evil organization. Since doing so, I am amazed that the negative comparisons they instilled in me are lies. The world is filled with good people. Churches, so often disparaged by TWI, are loaded with people who actually help those in need, demonstrating the love of Christ in the process. It turns out to be a good thing to network into neighborhood associations and other families regardless of what they believe.

Above all The Lord directed my steps to meet a wonderful young lady who has given my son a fresh start in life.

Praise The Lord!

• Upvote 2

OldSkool,

That's so awesome bro. Phenomenal news - so happy for you guys.

Yeah, "the world" as TWI used to denigratingly call community has some fantastic people in it.

The World: Will give you a kidney

TWI's BOD: Will try to get blood from a stone

There's so much deliverance from God outside of false organizations like TWI. To me, many of the people in the org now seem semi-institutionalized.

• Upvote 1

Great news, OS. Wonderful that your son is doing well.

And God bless (abundantly) the donor. What a wonderfully loving thing to do. :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

There are some really kind, generous, loving people outside TWI. Some of them go to churches and live what they know. Others are just nice people who want to help.

Whatever...I can't see anyone at TWI offering their own kidney. They'd just expect you to "build your believing" and condemn you if nothing happened.

That is so great to hear...thanks for telling it.

God does not respect persons, as we've been told.....but....he does respect conditions. Once you took your family out from under the twi cage, your real and true love for and respect for Him could be demonstrated. I've seen similar things here and in my own family as well.

Anyone who is afraid to leave or walk away because they think God won't spit in your direction if you leave the household.....think again and re-read this.

And, indeed, praise God.

krys

• Upvote 1

I'm so delighted to read your experiences, Oldskool! You sound like me! I found a wonderful church, as well, and am so very satisfied in so many areas of my life!

I'm not surprised a lady stepped forward and was totally the perfect match! I'm confident she'll live a very long and healthy life, as will your awesome son!

God is good - ALL the time! We continue to pray for all of the ex-way community to find such joy and rejoicing - and to post their stories!

"Once you took your family out from under the twi cage,"

krys

Krys,

:wave:

Your words reminded me of this concept drawing snuck out of way publications, showing RosyLie's newly revised holy spirit dove descending on a sunday night teaching.

bwart_BuzzardsRoost.jpg

:P :beer:

• 5 years later...
On 5/21/2012 at 1:55 PM, OldSkool said:

I want to post up some personal information on my son. Those of you who are still in and lurk here may know me, and let the witness of God's goodness stand!

My son was born with little kidney function and eventually was on dialysis over two years. Though he stayed healthy, he was diagnosed with end stage renal disease.

When in the way international I was taught (to paraphrase) that God worked in the functioning household - which of course equated to the way international. If you were outside of the household (a.k.a outside TWI) God was severely limited in what he could do for you because you had turned your back on God and his true household. Obviously, this is a lie.

I left the way after having a very hard time with the directors because of my concern to provide the best possible for my family, and unfortunately, that ran cross-purposes to a potential way corps assignment the directors wanted for me. Thus the harassment started and I eventually relocated from headquarters and left TWI soon after. After leaving the way international is where my story begins.

Shortly after TWI relocated me to a nearby city, me and my family moved to Cincinnati because my son's care was transferred there when he started dialysis. Moving to Cincinnati we networked into our local neighborhood, we involved ourselves in one of the neighborhood churches, and we made many new friends. I also became a happy hour regular at the corner pub where I made many more friends. I also found employment in my neighborhood in addition to my home based business. Needless to say, it was a very good move for my family.

Though my son was on the deceased donor list, he waited for over two years and never received. Though we worked through many potential donors, all were disqualified. When things looked the most bleak a young lady stepped forward and said she would donate.

Now, I met this young lady through one of my friends at the corner pub. She is his daughter in-law. When she heard of his condition at a friends pig roast she was touched, but unable to do anything because she was pregnant. Fast forward several months to my bosses annual Christmas party and she asked my wife how she could begin the donation process.

She was a perfect match, she passed all testing with flying colors and quite remarkably I might add. Though still in somewhat disbelief, I began to get excited.

On May 15, 2012, my son successfully underwent a kidney transplant. He is doing excellent, and his doctors remark frequently that his recovery is textbook perfect. The young lady that donated is recovering very well and is back on her feet with no complications. We are supported by family and a network of friends. Our neighborhood Church is the best and has coordinated meals for us, and sent a Pastor to come pray with us. They are very gracious, loving, and helpful. If that weren't enough the corner pub will soon do a benefit for my family to cover expenses. I am astounded at the Lord's deliverance for my family and how loving and helpful people have been towards us.

So, at cross purposes with the board of directors, I removed myself and family from their evil organization. Since doing so, I am amazed that the negative comparisons they instilled in me are lies. The world is filled with good people. Churches, so often disparaged by TWI, are loaded with people who actually help those in need, demonstrating the love of Christ in the process. It turns out to be a good thing to network into neighborhood associations and other families regardless of what they believe.

Above all The Lord directed my steps to meet a wonderful young lady who has given my son a fresh start in life.

Praise The Lord!

OS, that is wonderful; thanks for sharing this with us!!  I am so happy that everything worked for you, and your family!!!   And the young lady!!!

• Upvote 1

On 5/21/2012 at 7:32 PM, Twinky said:

Great news, OS. Wonderful that your son is doing well.

And God bless (abundantly) the donor. What a wonderfully loving thing to do. :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

There are some really kind, generous, loving people outside TWI. Some of them go to churches and live what they know. Others are just nice people who want to help.

Whatever...I can't see anyone at TWI offering their own kidney. They'd just expect you to "build your believing" and condemn you if nothing happened.

Twinky, you are so right!!  The people in TWI would not lift a finger to help you, yet they would be the first to condemn you if something had happened to your son.  Nuts to them!!