GreaseSpot Cafe

Same Old Story

From Fruit of D'vine:

What you and I do to promote God's Truth and Love is the only thing that will count for us at the Judgment Seat of Christ when Jesus asks each of us something like: "What did you do with what you knew?"

Does anyone else find the emphasis on knowledge (and by inference, knowledge applied) so typically Wierwille?

Lynn has his organization he promotes in the name of Jesus, then he expounds his version of absolute truth, then puts the reader on the end of a goad as he pontificates what Jesus will ask the now enlightened at the judgement seat of Christ. Of course JAL wants as many people as he can find to promote his group and donate their hard earned money. Oh, and we all know by now that he is on the lookout for rich people with lot's of money to give.

What you and I do to promote God's Truth and Love is the only thing that will count for us at the Judgment Seat of Christ when Jesus asks each of us something like: "What did you do with what you knew?"

Wow! I must have missed that scripture.

:biglaugh:

Edited by waysider

Wow! I must have missed that scripture.

Ya, it's in the book of John (Lynn) Which is really a copy of the V-pig texts.

Edited by OldSkool

What you and I do to promote God's Truth and Love

How does one promote?

1. Create and organization that *researches* and promotes gawd's *pure* truth. Oh, and love.. lotsa, lotsa love. Something that every other organization does not supposedly have.

2. If one can't do that, or has enough morals NOT to do this, join one that (supposedly) does. Take (pay for) their classes and materials, and actively seek others in the community to do the same. Without commission on the sale, of course..

"What you and I do to promote God's Truth and Love is the only thing that will count for us at the Judgment Seat of Christ when Jesus asks each of us something like: 'What did you do with what you knew?'"

The only thing I am certain of about the time when I am at the Judgment Seat of Christ is that He is going to ask me some questions that I will be very uncomfortable answering honestly. Surprising questions...

Lynn is so cock-sure of himself. I don't think I would want to be him when that time comes.

Love,

Steve

My experiences with JAL was the man would not listen to anyone unless they agree with what he already thinks. It's sad really. He is a very intelligent person who I really believe means well. He is simply stuck in the Wierwille methodology/attitude and there is no jarring him out of that.

Lynn and his previous group STFI are really big on selling rewards as they interpret them in the bible. My question to them would be, "If there were no rewards, would you drop this whole lifestyle and teachings?" If so, then it isn't your nature after all!

Lynn and his previous group STFI are really big on selling rewards as they interpret them in the bible. My question to them would be, "If there were no rewards, would you drop this whole lifestyle and teachings?" If so, then it isn't your nature after all!

Good point. Also, I am convinced that Lynn is really intent on being captain of his own 501 c3 non-profit corporation. So, he has his reward as far as that is concerned.

I've mentioned this before but, when I first got in the word in, 1972, people weren't talking yet about getting heavenly rewards or crowns or bonus coupons or rebates or buy-one-get-one's or whatever else. Then, one day, in about 1974 or 1975, a group of corps stopped by the limb HQ as they were passing through the area. (I was in fellowlaborers at the time.) I happened to be on bucket duty, mopping down the BRC. One of them asked me if I was blessed to be mopping the floor. My response was that I didn't care for mopping but it felt good knowing it would make life more enjoyable for the other participants. He scoffed at that and said I really didn't understand how the process worked. Then, they started talking about some new revelations they'd just been exposed to regarding crowns and jewels, etc. Their conversation was very competitive in nature, each one trying to convince the other he had earned more rewards than the other...... The whole thing really creeped me out.

As to the recent drought. Well, here in Michigan..

I just reminded the creator that the tomatoes didn't really belong to me here.. I just have a few of his (hers?) that I am trying to give a good home..

funny, but still serious.

maybe he or she loved the tomatoes enough to send someone willing to buy water at city prices to keep them going between sparse July and August rains.

I don't know about the corn here though.

I hear it is in pretty bad shape.. well, by the newspapers anyway..

didn't they sell rewards or blessing many many many years ago? was it the catholic church or some other cult?

The Catholic Church 'sold' what they called indulgences, where a person paid money for the priest to pray for the souls of their departed ones. That was because no one was sure the dead friend/relative really made it into heaven. You had to be completely sinless at the time of death. The only one who REALLY knows if they are cleaned of sin at that time is the one who died. Shortly before or right after death, the priest performs the Last Rights prayer session. It includes a prayer of absolution, to absolve/remove/forgive any remaining sin not acknowledged.

But because there is no guarantee you really made it in the gates rather than the inbetween 'holding cell' called Pergatory, the church offered parishoners the opportunity to give money to the priests who would add the departed one's name to their daily prayer list. The priest was the only one who knew these special prayers and had access to God.

Hey...being raised Catholic, now I know why TWI felt so comfortably familiar! :doh:

I haven't told anyone my Catholic story..................... I think I had just found the wey, (that's one of the weirdest thing I've ever said) ................

and I was thinking about religion and how it had nothing to do with Christianity, but I felt it most important that I have myself removed from my Catholic upbringing.

So, I went to a priest abbey, next to a church and knocked on the door. A Priest appeared and I told him I did'nt want to be a catholic anymore and I wanted to be absolved from the church. He told me he didn't really do that kind of thing but if that's what I wanted I was free if that made me feel better.

I remembering saying something like it was a heavy burden or something that I felt being in the church. He didn't really even put up a fight.

I remember walking down the street and feeling like my feet weren't even touching the ground. I was FReeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!