GreaseSpot Cafe

How Many Months...?

Many months ago, STF took down their website and left this message; "Our website is currently receiving a makeover. We will be live soon!"

How long does it take to redo a site? This is lousy for outreach of which they say is their mission...

Many months ago, STF took down their website and left this message; "Our website is currently receiving a makeover. We will be live soon!"

How long does it take to redo a site? This is lousy for outreach of which they say is their mission...

That makes no sense. They should upgrade the site privately and when the bugs are worked out go live with it. Not leave an under construction page with a few link on it. Very backwards and unprofessional.

That makes no sense. They should upgrade the site privately and when the bugs are worked out go live with it. Not leave an under construction page with a few link on it. Very backwards and unprofessional.

Well, it seems the operate like TWI still...depend upon volunteer or low paid staff with marginal skills to build their 'state of the art' web page for God. The previous one was pretty static. Even Google offers more excitement and potential by utilizing a word search function. I agree...any professional web builder would update/upgrade the page in a different 'build' enviornment and when it is ready, launch it.

Everything they do is so old school, except they have learned to use YOUTUBE. Imagine what that megalomaniac VeePee would have been like if he could have watched himself on the computer screen whenever he wanted.

Everything they do is so old school, except they have learned to use YOUTUBE. Imagine what that megalomaniac VeePee would have been like if he could have watched himself on the computer screen whenever he wanted.

Egads, he probably would have gotten turned on at his own videos. Yuk.

And ditto. STFI uses Wierwille's playbook. Taxing low skilled, low paid volunteers all for the glory of God. Sounds noble enough but it's not. Just taking advantage of good hearted people. If they had any scruples at all they would pay people prevailing wages and actually do something charitable with their donations. But we all know that just isn't in the cards.

Not just ejecting Lynn, but the suit with Graeser, etc., etc. etc., as well as untold incidents of abusing the help and being hijacked by non-principals.

Love,

Steve

Reading about their behavior relative to the Graeser suit was nauseating. How can grown adults who claim to be ministers/pastors (or whatever) deliver "prophesies" against each other and then act accordingly. Plus, ejecting JAL in the politically charged manner they did was sick as well. Especially since Lynn was one of? or the? founding member(s). Not that I am coming to JAL's aide. He has enough issues of his own, like not going any further in practice than he learned from Wierwille.

Anywho, back to my own issues. :biglaugh:

• 1 month later...

Static Statement:

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Our website is currently receiving a makeover. We will be live soon!

Current status: Working on the brand new STFonline.org! We hope you like it! Check back soon!

Here is a list of links that will keep you busy until we finish:

I think they forgot to return to the scheduled programming. Lack of funding? Lack of inspiration? ...Lack in general?

I repeat:

I think STFI may have disintegrated beyond the point of getting much of anything done.

Love,

Steve

"Disintegrate" is a good word. I learned it reading science fiction. CES adherence to Wierwille's errors acted pretty much like a disintegrator ray. Since Wierwille used his voice, what Lynn, Graeser, Schoenheit, etc. still cleave to might well be styled a sonic disruptor!

Edited by Steve Lortz

• 2 weeks later...

I hit the wayback site and was able to pull up the site from 8 September. Perhaps they have put up the under construction page and renamed the old page?

I get on here once a quarter and maybe take a look at STF to see if there's anything of interest (which there usually isn't). The TorT site hasn't been updated in a LONG time. Seriously - they are using the same framework I put up there 10 years ago. The BU site got a much needed facelift, but I'm not interested enough to actually read anything on any of their sites.

• 2 weeks later...

It took about 6 months to partially rebuild the page. Some links don't work yet or pages aren't built. However, gone is the Governance page identifying the major players and their respective backgrounds to run a biblical teaching organization.

what happened to their transparency...oh, maybe it was never there?

http://www.stfonline.org/

Edited by Rejoice

It took about 6 months to partially rebuild the page. Some links don't work yet or pages aren't built. However, gone is the Governance page identifying the major players and their respective backgrounds to run a biblical teaching organization.

Trouble in paradise?

So many of the links seem to be "coming soon".

I think the only "new" thing is the copyright notice.. copyright 2012.

For anyone reading here who is not familiar with what TWI used to do in their so-called Biblical research efforts, this is a repeat of the failed efforts of TWI:

"The basis for all our efforts is the Bible, which we believe to be the Word of God, perfect in its original writing. So-called errors, contradictions, or discrepancies are the result of man’s subsequent interference in the translation or transmission of the text, or his failure to understand what is written.Spirit & Truth Fellowship International draws from all relevant sources that shed light on the integrity of Scripture, such as geography, customs, language, history, and principles governing Bible interpretation. We seek the truth without respect to tradition, “orthodoxy,” or popular trends and teachings."

Buyer beware.

• Upvote 1

The three most cursed phrases on the internet are:

Coming Soon

Under Construction

Check Back Soon

You can add to the profanity and vileness by putting ! at the end of any or all.

Vile words, and their very existence is an assault on people of good manners and morals everywhere and insults us all by their very existence!!!!

:biglaugh::evildenk::rolleyes:

I believe I read in one of their publications that Dan "the man" was moving back west. Of course this was not too long after he made the case about how great the midwest was.

For years the emphasis has been who the individuals were and that was the "proof" of the "accuracy" of their teaching. Their ranks have severely eroded where that mattered, due to their underestimation of the "JAL" factor. It really doesn't matter who's in charge anymore - not that accountability was their strong suit to begin with.

Maybe someone can enlighten me (privately) about the real reasons for Dan moving west.

I believe I read in one of their publications that Dan "the man" was moving back west. Of course this was not too long after he made the case about how great the midwest was.

For years the emphasis has been who the individuals were and that was the "proof" of the "accuracy" of their teaching. Their ranks have severely eroded where that mattered, due to their underestimation of the "JAL" factor. It really doesn't matter who's in charge anymore - not that accountability was their strong suit to begin with.

Maybe someone can enlighten me (privately) about the real reasons for Dan moving west.

The political wranglings with JAL made me sick. I was courted by them when JAL was still with them, received several home visits from Dan, Mike, etc. All I got from any of them was a heavy pitch on their organization, their "ministry." I found Dan to be quite egotistical. When JAL left he visited shortly afterwards. I told him I did not believe that the crux of Christianity was to build one's organization and separate off from the rest. You would have thought I was speaking a foreign language to him. He just looked at me quite baffled.

Anyways, this was shortly after leaving TWI when I was willing to check out the offshoots as a possible safe haven. STFI's leadership was the biggest turn off. How can anything godly come out of their shenanigans. Not discounting God's ability to produce something positive through their good intentions. But egads. I ran for the exits very quickly.

OldSkool: I was involved with CES far longer than TWI. I was never a TWI insider, but I was involved at the home office level with CES. Anyone who thinks STFI is a great organization has either drunk the kool-aid or has never been in the home office for any stretch of time. It really reminds me of how blind some become to the obvious because they are right in the middle of it. My one day a week was enough to really open my eyes...and Dan creeped me out from the get-go.