GreaseSpot Cafe

Wake Up and Smell the Counterfeits

Thanks for the feedback, Old Skool! I think you just functioned for me as "a multitude of counselors"! This is gonna be fun, as well as work!

Love,

Steve

Your welcome and thanks for the kind words. Glad I could be helpful.

Edited by OldSkool

• 3 weeks later...

The name for what ails JAL is character disorder. Many psychological-type people think personality disorders and character disorders are the same thing, but they're not.

JAL has never seen himself as anything other than a person bringing people back to the "truth" of PFAL with minor revisions. CES, as he envisioned it, was never intended to bring in the new. It was there to catch those who had fled the way, or talk those who were in into getting out of that system and into a "better" system. Seriously - a captive audience. He targeted high ranking wayfers and people he believed would be loyal. He was amazed that anyone wouldn't jump at the chance to be around him. To achieve this end, he allowed guys like Ralph to bring in new ideas. However, when it came right down to it, he didn't want to seriously consider anything really new.

Momentus - it was something that would (presumably) achieve in a weekend what had taken months in the way corp.

I don't know what's up with STFI, except they never got that JAL was their bread and butter guy.

The name for what ails JAL is character disorder. Many psychological-type people think personality disorders and character disorders are the same thing, but they're not.

JAL has never seen himself as anything other than a person bringing people back to the "truth" of PFAL with minor revisions. CES, as he envisioned it, was never intended to bring in the new. It was there to catch those who had fled the way, or talk those who were in into getting out of that system and into a "better" system. Seriously - a captive audience. He targeted high ranking wayfers and people he believed would be loyal. He was amazed that anyone wouldn't jump at the chance to be around him. To achieve this end, he allowed guys like Ralph to bring in new ideas. However, when it came right down to it, he didn't want to seriously consider anything really new.

Momentus - it was something that would (presumably) achieve in a weekend what had taken months in the way corp.

I don't know what's up with STFI, except they never got that JAL was their bread and butter guy.

Didn't some church or some Pastors reach out to JAL? I could have that messed up, but if so, whatever became of that? Not sure what kind of church it was either. . . .

JAL always gave me the heebie jeebies. He yelled at me in front of the entire advanced class. I wasn't the only one he singled out, but it was frustrating because he put me in an impossible situation.....kept relevant information from me....and then got angry because I didn't do what he specifically told me not to do.

He was a jerk.

Didn't some church or some Pastors reach out to JAL? I could have that messed up, but if so, whatever became of that? Not sure what kind of church it was either. . . .

JAL always gave me the heebie jeebies. He yelled at me in front of the entire advanced class. I wasn't the only one he singled out, but it was frustrating because he put me in an impossible situation.....kept relevant information from me....and then got angry because I didn't do what he specifically told me not to do.

He was a jerk.

I don't know if any church reached out to him. His family was heavily involved in 2nd Pres here in Indy prior to his way experience. There seemed to be some going back to that when Charlie died and when Mrs. Lynn died. JAL really didn't like 2nd Pres for all the reasons why I do like it - as in live and let live.

My husband thinks he's a jerk. I thought he could be a jerk, although he wasn't to me.

There is a lot of fear in "counterfeits" of being swept by every wind of doctrine. CES prided (and I mean prided) itself on being able to "consume the fish and spit out the bones" of whatever latest thing they were into - never getting that they were being swept all over the place due to being repelled by anything that remotely smacked of orthodoxy.

And it seems that all his offshoot of the original offshoot have resorted to Social media like Facebook and Twitter as their point of contact. Their presence and effect seems to be dwindling; they just won't admit it to themselves.

They tell themselves they are doing something - however minor and insignificant it really is. The sad thing is that Christians don't need to go after one another. We have enough incoming problems (mainly Islam) to deal with. My church teaches "unity in essentials; charity in inessentials" This prolonged war on doctrine is nothing more than a diversion. It's not really doing "the Lord's work" as much as they might like to believe.

They tell themselves they are doing something - however minor and insignificant it really is. The sad thing is that Christians don't need to go after one another. We have enough incoming problems (mainly Islam) to deal with. My church teaches "unity in essentials; charity in inessentials" This prolonged war on doctrine is nothing more than a diversion. It's not really doing "the Lord's work" as much as they might like to believe.

"unity in essentials; charity in inessentials"

That's a keeper.

actually the saying unity in essentials, diversity in nonessentials, charity(agape/ love) to all Christians

They tell themselves they are doing something - however minor and insignificant it really is.

What I find reprehensible is that they recruit 'partners and collect money from very poor people in the Phillippines to maintain a very comfortable income, relatively speaking. Do you think Jesus accepted tithes and offerings to support himself? Doubt it!

can you expound or should i go look it up?

who is charlie who died?

geisha, you were in the advanced class in the way or CES (if they have one)? why did he yell at you?

he's one person i never came face-to-face with in a horrible way as i did with wierwille, geer, finnegan

but when i left the way he breezed through town to promote himself and i was just so happy to keep walking out on his meeting to have a cigarette because i knew he couldn't kick me out of anything

Exie - Charlie was JAL's youngest sibling. http://www.obitsforlife.com/obituary/191711/Lynn-II-Charles.php

Here's a link about character disorders: http://counsellingresource.com/features/2008/09/10/what-is-a-character-disorder/

I didn't know JAL until after we left TWI. I did know his parents and siblings before, tho.

VPW did one of those motorcycle drive through things back in the early 80s and he was at the Indiana Limb. Somehow I got invited and JAL's dad and I sat in the back and I was most irreverent (and he egged me on). I was amazed at the smoking, booze guzzling, and profanity spewing from the MOGOTW. It was hard to take him seriously, so I didn't.