GreaseSpot Cafe

S.O.W.E.R.S. and Victor Wierwille

johnj

W.O.W. Ambassadors returned to a warm welcome at the farm where they were pinned in recognition of their year of promoting the Word Over the World. Some of them were recruited to join a leadership program at which they would attend classes from men like Walter Cummins while working part time on the farm. They'll take time for a L.E.A.D. expedition during the year. Does this sound like The Way International? It does, but it is the S.O.W.E.R.S. program run by Victor Wierwille, grandson of TWI founder Victor Paul Wierwille. Find more details in S.O.W.E.R.S. and The Way Corps. Find the link in the "New" section of www.abouttheway.org

Edited by johnj

He considers the publicity here a good thing.

Any press is better than no press you know..

people come to "Sunday Night Service".. "hey.. *they* told me you were devil worshipping, Jesus hating swine.."

:biglaugh:

No son, we're just a copy of a copy of a copy..

the little itty bitty boy of gawd actually got a bachellor's degree from some place in Florida, I think. I think it was in history..

but pa and mac tell him he wouldn't get heat here, unless he was pursuing the will of gawd or something..

he went through cff's program, doesn't that count for something?

I forget the name of it..

fellow-laborers. that was named after an old way idea as well..

The only thing I am really wondering..

why isn't da way suing the living s*it out of him?

maybe they walk a fine line.. who knows. Publication vs. performance rights or something..

You know.. kinda like Paul McCartney. He has performance rights to pretty much anything he and John collaborated on..

but publication rights can be more owned or something..

But do performance rights extend to one's children, grandchildren.. etc..?

W.O.W. Ambassadors returned to a warm welcome at the farm where they were pinned in recognition of their year of promoting the Word Over the World. Some of them were recruited to join a leadership program at which they would attend classes from men like Walter Cummins while working part time on the farm. They'll take time for a L.E.A.D. expedition during the year. Does this sound like The Way International? It does, but it is the S.O.W.E.R.S. program run by Victor Wierwille, grandson of TWI founder Victor Paul Wierwille. Find more details in S.O.W.E.R.S. and The Way Corps. Find the link in the "New" section of www.abouttheway.org

Nice work, John, exposing the error and futility of V2P2 and his small farm ministry legacy.

VPW had the luxury of being able to leach lots of young people from the Jesus movement in the 1970s, a luxury the Mississippi farm does not have. So don't expect large numbers of WOWs to descend on rural Mississippi.

TWI does not run any WOWs anymore. But why aren't they jealousy guarding the name? SOWER goes out of its way to identify WOW as a TM (trademark).

I've said it before, it's bad form to sue the grandson of god. ;)

Yeah, that's the gist. Right now they're putting work in whitewashing and de-ifying the Veepster's image. Attacking little V2P2 who is implementing many original VP tenets wouldn't help with that effort at all.

Strikes me that the copy WC might have more participants than the current in rez WC.

And the copy WOW program more participants than the current Fellow Laborers / WOW original program.

"Any volunteer may be dismissed at any time and/or program cancelled at sole discretion of those charged with oversight."

Deja vu.

Who in the h3ll "charged" them?

Hmmmmmmmm... looks like we have a binitarian Wierwillology in the making!

Love,

Steve

Is that binitarian as in binary star system or binary code? :biglaugh:

Fear not Lordz Steve,

Just as in the early church there was a twinity before there was a trinity, so must there be a V2P2 before there we are V3PO'd !!

(Cultic ego demands it, and shirley there shall be a V3P3. :P )

Do be sure to keep Shirley away from RosyLie.

Thus saith dapropheta

who owns the Mississississississippi farm?

That's a good question. I had assumed D0ug McMu11@n since they feature him so prominently in their pictures, but I don't really know.

It's all swampland and alligators. :huh:

It's quite possible those charged with oversight are alligators. Wouldn't be the first time something like that happened. Predators charged with oversight was quite common back in the original version of TWI.

With cults, the son/grandson of the near-deified Founder seldom does as well as the bureaucracy that the Founder sets up. The descendents of Joe Smith who began Mormonism are still around, but are a paltry number compared to the Salt Lake City bureaucracy. Perhaps their organization hung on because they've kept the "Divine Revelation" going better than thee Salt Lake Mormons have.

So what VW3 needs is snow on the gas pumps in Mississippi and a blizzard that kept him snowed in on a trip to New Orleans, at which he met an unnamed author he plagiarizes from. Those would be bigger tricks to create awe in people than VP's snow in Ohio and Tulsa... and just as easy to prove false.

With cults, the son/grandson of the near-deified Founder seldom does as well as the bureaucracy that the Founder sets up. The descendents of Joe Smith who began Mormonism are still around, but are a paltry number compared to the Salt Lake City bureaucracy. Perhaps their organization hung on because they've kept the "Divine Revelation" going better than thee Salt Lake Mormons have.

So what VW3 needs is snow on the gas pumps in Mississippi and a blizzard that kept him snowed in on a trip to New Orleans, at which he met an unnamed author he plagiarizes from. Those would be bigger tricks to create awe in people than VP's snow in Ohio and Tulsa... and just as easy to prove false.

Just seems like the near-deified Founder needs to blend a unique concoction of narcissism, mysticism, plagairism, occultism, exploitationism, bullsheetism, and totalitarianism. That "blend" is very hard to duplicate to the third generation.

:anim-smile:

I know many of VP's grandchildren and one of his kids. I have to say they are well intentioned people and not the dirtball VPW was. Though, I had on of his grandchildren tell me the family knew he was not faithful to Mrs. Wierwille. I have no doubt little V2P2 means well, at least I would like to give him credit until I know otherwise. I will say that Victor Paul Wierwille (the original) is generally regarded as a great man of God by his family. He just had some shortcomings is all. :rolleyes:

I don't expect much from SOWERS. I expect they will fizzle out because no one is really buying TWI's brand of cultism any longer. The internet was the final marginalizing nail in their self imploding coffin.

Edited by OldSkool
  • Upvote 1