GreaseSpot Cafe

Game: Before & After (Movies and TV)

Raf

An aspiring actress gets a house-sitting job, which winds up as a cat-and mouse game with a deadly ex-con.  She escapes, only to have her car break down in the desert, at an old nuclear testing site.  She then gets harassed by locals.  Starring Helen Slater, Michael Madsen, Aaron Stanford, and Billy Drago.

George

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2017 at 1:38 PM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

An aspiring actress gets a house-sitting job, which winds up as a cat-and mouse game with a deadly ex-con.  She escapes, only to have her car break down in the desert, at an old nuclear testing site.  She then gets harassed by locals.  Starring Helen Slater, Michael Madsen, Aaron Stanford, and Billy Drago.

George

A lot of scenarios pop into my mind but nothing fits.

• 5 months later...

A foreign prince travels to Queens to look for a bride. Now he must balance his royal responsibilities with the life he's made in Queens since he acquired super powers.  Supporting cast includes John Amos, Louie Anderson, Don Ameche and Ralph Bellamy, Tyne Daly, Jennifer Connelly, Bokeem Woodbine and Garcelle Beauvais.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2017 at 2:27 PM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I'm going to change this one.

Two young men, filming a TV show from their basement, aid a British secret agent in preventing the crippling of Europe by the destruction of a key oil pipeline.

(This way makes a better title.)

George

Is this "Wayne's World Is Not Enough"??

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, got another stealth triple.

In this TV-movie, a domestic terrorist and sociopath targets the Toronto Maple Leafs hockey team. An FBI Special Agent, desperate to catch him, enlists the aid of a panel of prosthetic makeup artists, who compete to see who is the best-qualified to help him disguise himself as and impersonate a rookie on the team.  Stars include Art Hindle, John Vernon, and Nicolas Cage.

5 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

At first, I thought this was another two-shows-with-the same-title clue, but the movie I was thinking of involved Los Angeles, not Toronto.  Of course, it's possible the TV show has something to do with the Maple Leafs (I haven't watched it);  but I'm probably on the wrong track.

George

There's 2 movies and one TV show. The show has nothing to do with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Ok, got another stealth triple.

In this TV-movie, a domestic terrorist and sociopath targets the Toronto Maple Leafs hockey team. An FBI Special Agent, desperate to catch him, enlists the aid of a panel of prosthetic makeup artists, who compete to see who is the best-qualified to help him disguise himself as and impersonate a rookie on the team.  Stars include Art Hindle, John Vernon, John Travolta, and Nicolas Cage.