GreaseSpot Cafe
  • Announcements

• GT

With the upgrade there is no longer separate login ids and display names.  Your login ID is now your display name.
Raf

Game: Before & After (Movies and TV)

An aspiring actress gets a house-sitting job, which winds up as a cat-and mouse game with a deadly ex-con.  She escapes, only to have her car break down in the desert, at an old nuclear testing site.  She then gets harassed by locals.  Starring Helen Slater, Michael Madsen, Aaron Stanford, and Billy Drago.

George

On 3/5/2017 at 1:38 PM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

An aspiring actress gets a house-sitting job, which winds up as a cat-and mouse game with a deadly ex-con.  She escapes, only to have her car break down in the desert, at an old nuclear testing site.  She then gets harassed by locals.  Starring Helen Slater, Michael Madsen, Aaron Stanford, and Billy Drago.

George

A lot of scenarios pop into my mind but nothing fits.

If Raf's as big a Helen Slater fan as I think he is, he should know the first half.  There's actually a two word overlap in this one.

George

WordWolf    371

A foreign prince travels to Queens to look for a bride. Now he must balance his royal responsibilities with the life he's made since he acquired super powers.

The first part's pretty obvious.  I'm having trouble thinking of a super-hero movie that could come before or after it, though.

George

WordWolf    371

A foreign prince travels to Queens to look for a bride. Now he must balance his royal responsibilities with the life he's made in Queens since he acquired super powers.

WordWolf    371

A foreign prince travels to Queens to look for a bride. Now he must balance his royal responsibilities with the life he's made in Queens since he acquired super powers.  Supporting cast includes John Amos, Louie Anderson, Don Ameche and Ralph Bellamy, Tyne Daly, Jennifer Connelly, Bokeem Woodbine and Garcelle Beauvais.

Sorry.  Still not getting it.  For a hint, is the foreign prince part the first, or second, half?

George

WordWolf    371

For reasons unclear to me, it seems my descriptions work better by describing the 2nd name first. It keeps happening, I don't know why.

BTW, you're going to kick yourself.

WordWolf    371
4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Ah.

"Spider-Man: Homecoming to America"?

George

That's it. Once I realized the Spidey movie took place in Queens, I was inspired to post this round.

An Asgardian and a British secret agent team up to stop Dark Elves and a human impervious to pain from unleashing a weapon called Aether to cripple Europe by destroying a key oil pipeline.

George

I'm going to change this one.

Two young men, filming a TV show from their basement, aid a British secret agent in preventing the crippling of Europe by the destruction of a key oil pipeline.

(This way makes a better title.)

George

WordWolf    371
On 10/5/2017 at 2:27 PM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I'm going to change this one.

Two young men, filming a TV show from their basement, aid a British secret agent in preventing the crippling of Europe by the destruction of a key oil pipeline.

(This way makes a better title.)

George

Is this "Wayne's World Is Not Enough"??

It is, indeed.

Originally, I had "Thor:  The Dark World Is not Enough," but I think this one flows better.

You're up!

George