GreaseSpot Cafe

Game: Before & After (Movies and TV)

Raf

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Felt like reviving this thread.  Besides, it was my turn last.

In this movie comedy,  an anthropomorphic alien finds himself stuck on Earth.  He ends up caught in the middle of a war brewing between Freedonia (the good guys) and Sylvania (the bad guys.) 

6 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

The Freedonia/Sylvania thing sounds familiar.  I'm sure I could get the first half if I could get the latter.

George

If you in particular are missing the first part, you're overthinking it.

Anthropomorphic:  having a form similar to human, with the implication that it's obviously not a person but something in the same basic, bipedal shape.   This most common usage nowadays are in reference to "furry" characters,  human-shaped with animal characteristics- like an animal-head or head resembling an animal  (Mickey Mouse, the Thundercats, etc)  and possibly other characteristics-  fur, feathers,  a tail, paws, etc.    

5 hours ago, WordWolf said:

If you in particular are missing the first part, you're overthinking it.

Anthropomorphic:  having a form similar to human, with the implication that it's obviously not a person but something in the same basic, bipedal shape.   The most common usage nowadays are in reference to "furry" characters,  human-shaped with animal characteristics- like an animal-head or head resembling an animal  (Mickey Mouse, the Thundercats, etc)  and possibly other characteristics-  fur, feathers,  a tail, paws, etc.    

4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I was thinking more in the lines of "taking the form of a man" like Starman or My Stepmother is an Alien.

Now, it could be almost ANY alien:  ET, Predator, Close Encounter aliens.

George

I'd like to see what visuals you're referencing.   E.T.  , Predator and Close Encounter greys have human and animal attributes?    Which ones have the fur?  Which ones have the feathers?  Which ones have paws?

3 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Well, you didn't underline the second part, initially, so I assumed you were just giving examples.  ET, Predator, and the Greys have the basic human, bipedal shape.

Hmmmm….

"Howard the Duck Soup"?

George

That's it.

"Howard the Duck"  +  "Duck Soup."  

Victory is ours!  Hail, hail Freedonia, land of the brave and free! 

7 hours ago, WordWolf said:

The Green Hornet travels by automobile. 

This is "Soylent Green Lantern."

Correct.

5 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

Marty and Doc both traveled through time in an automobile.  They were not space cops however but Jean Claude Van Damme was.

Actually, Van Damme was a TIMEcop.

WW is up.

18 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Correct.

Actually, Van Damme was a TIMEcop.

WW is up.

Well actually, he wasn't, he was an Time Enforcement Commission (TEC) Agent aka. a US Federal Agent.  Moving on The Postman (Kevin Costner) involved fighting for the head of the tribe but that's not really what that movie was about.  King of Thrones something with Survivor thrown in somehow?

10 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

Well actually, he wasn't, he was an Time Enforcement Commission (TEC) Agent aka. a US Federal Agent.  Moving on The Postman (Kevin Costner) involved fighting for the head of the tribe but that's not really what that movie was about.  King of Thrones something with Survivor thrown in somehow?

*checks*

" King of Thrones"  was a TV show about designer toilets and bathroom furnishings. (I kid you not.)

So, it does not match any description here.

This round IS, however, a TV-movie.

("Survivor", likewise, is NOT part of the answer.)

7 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

The latter part might be GAME of Thrones, which means the former part is a movie, likely ending in "Game."

Ender's Game of Thrones?

George

"Ender's Game" is NOT a part of the answer.   BTW,   in GoT, everyone HAS a house, but nobody fights "representing" them.