GreaseSpot Cafe

If you wrote a book.....

skyrider

If you wrote a book of your twi experience.....

1) What would you title your book?

2) Where would you devote your greater message and chapters in the book?

..a) Twi's deception and betrayal

..b) Manipulation and exploitation

..c) Friendships, relationships and adventures

..d) Learning wierwille's version....and then, rejecting much of it

..e) A whole new world of learning after those youthful days in twi

..f) Other?

I would entitle my book.......BEWARE OF SUBTLE INDOCTRINATION: My Life Story

In my book, I would subdivide it into four parts -- three or four chapters each

1) My background and desire to know God......and twi's subtle deceptions

2) Classes and programs that deliver a collective message and, stealthily oppress individual boundaries

3) The struggles and challenges with coming to grips with twi's seduction and betrayal

4) Walking away from twi, starting a new life and a family overcoming obstacles to achieve accomplishments

Yeah, like I'm really going to take the time to write a book..... :wink2:

• Upvote 1

Your target audience would be limited to those who have a willingness to connect the dots

Mrs. Wierwille wrote a book connecting vpw's associations and learning to scholars, ministers and occultists.

Yet......few have connected the dots that vpw and his mogship were fraudulent and fabricated from the get-go.

1) Oedipus Rex: The TWI MOG Version

2) How to Brainwash Friends and Manipulate People : An Adventure in the Misuse of Dale Carnegie

3) How to Cheat Your Way Through Education and Make a Lot of Money - the Story of VPW

4) Pharisees : A Case Study into How to Make a Threefold Child of Hell

Don't get me on a roll :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

• Upvote 1

"A Tale of Two Ministries"

It would begin with the joy of reaching others with a message that stirred my heart (Late 70's-early 80's).

It would end with oppressive leadership, confusion, and sorrow.

(I might consider adding an Appendix of my POST-TWI experiences, so it wouldn't be a total downer.)

George

..f) Other?

I would entitle my book.......BEWARE OF SUBTLE INDOCTRINATION: My Life Story

In my book, I would subdivide it into four parts -- three or four chapters each

1) My background and desire to know God......and twi's subtle deceptions

2) Classes and programs that deliver a collective message and, stealthily oppress individual boundaries

3) The struggles and challenges with coming to grips with twi's seduction and betrayal

4) Walking away from twi, starting a new life and a family overcoming obstacles to achieve accomplishments

Yeah, like I'm really going to take the time to write a book..... :wink2:

Actually, it looks like you are already working on the book whether you know it or not. You have a rough outline already set forth.

You've been writing early drafts of various aspects of it on GSC for some time.

You might be surprised how natural it comes out from here.

When I first started writing (mid 1990s, essays/op-ed columns mainly), I had to sit down to the keyboard and type or else it would spill out all over the floor in front of me...

That's how I described it to people when they asked me how I got started.

I've not yet published a book, but I have a first draft of the manuscript already written. It chronicles the independent redistricting process in Arizona

from December 2010 through adoption of the maps that are in use for the current election cycle. Americans throughout the country will see independent redistricting be adopted by citizen

initiative in many states before the next redistricting cycle begins in 2021. Not that I will have anything to do with it other than to have described what took place in Arizona this time.

I can say without equivocation that the practice I had writing about my 12 year experience in TWI, (the writing beginning in the Fall of 1997 or so when I found Trancenet/Trancechat) was invaluable to me.

It doesn't even matter if anyone ever read what I wrote. It did a lot for me.

The insight I gained reflecting on the subtleties of the subculture/indoctrination/social interaction (and some of the same or similar things you mentioned in your list) helped me

develop insight on interactions in political environments and situations.

So, my encouragement to you is -- WRITE. Write YOUR story. It's a book that needs to be written.

You will be better for it. And as the proverb (Prov 18:16) says, A man's gift makes room for him.

Those who need to know your story will find it.

quote: If you wrote a book of your twi experience.....

1. No one here gets out alive: the story of the way.

2, If the thunder don't getcha then the lightning will: the story of the way.

3. Women's bodies have a way of shutting the whole thing down: the story of the way.

4. :confused: the story of the way.

5. It was/ he did: the story of the way.

Actually, it looks like you are already working on the book whether you know it or not. You have a rough outline already set forth.

You've been writing early drafts of various aspects of it on GSC for some time.

You might be surprised how natural it comes out from here.

...So, my encouragement to you is -- WRITE. Write YOUR story. It's a book that needs to be written.

You will be better for it. And as the proverb (Prov 18:16) says, A man's gift makes room for him.

Those who need to know your story will find it.

Ditto!

Edited by penworks

the Truth about The Way International: The Deception of a Cult. Chapters would include my background, My introduction to TWI and its allurement, My leaving it and trying to start a cult addiction self help group(think AA), Wierwille's background including his college and seminary classes and activities, after VPW's retirement and the Geer/Martindale battle, and what has happened since(especially with the off shoots). Names of all the major characters including those at Twig level(providing that they grant me permission to name them), strenghts and weakess of Way Productions compared to CCM, Wierwille's plagerized sources(authors and books), and mainstream Christian DVD classes like Alpha, Beginings, Foundations, Open Home/Bible, Powersurge, Purpose Driven Life/Church, Christian Life and Witness, and comparing them to PFAL/WAP. Also using John Juddes, Karl Kahler, Kristen Skedgell as templates for this book. :eusa_clap:

• 4 years later...
On 9/19/2012 at 9:21 AM, skyrider said:

..f) Other?...

(SNIP)

My book would be something like…

Help ! I’ve Fallen for Lies that I Won’t Give Up

by T-Bone

== == == == == ==

Notes on the back cover:

The true story of the meandering journey of one man’s search for answers to some of life’s biggest questions and the dead-end detour that waylaid his progress for twelve years. From the opening chapters you’ll meet a quirky, inquisitive, and creative young man, looking into various belief systems and enjoying writing, painting and playing music.

It is only when T-Bone gets involved with the insidious cult The Way International, that a pall of dark and stifling ideas spreads over his young and vibrant soul. Like so many other idealistic and impressionable youths that joined the cult, he fell for their lies of redemption...hook, line and sinker…lies that he would not give up because of the tenacious mindset that TWI develops in its followers. However, through a series of unfortunate events, personal research, constantly stubbing his toe on reality and the fearless dialog with other dissatisfied followers, T-Bone was able to break free of the stranglehold of a cult’s lies.

== == == == == ==

What reviewers are saying:

I could not put this book down…I read it until I fell asleep. Johnny Jump-Up

I think he plagiarized a bunch of stuff from that negative website Grease Spot Café. wierwille admirer who prefers to remain anonymous.

The narrative is okay but lacks a coloring book section. Waysider

Now that his damn book is published maybe he’ll start tackling the honey do’s list. Tonto

Edited by T-Bone
clarity and hilarity

My book wouldn't be about TWI. I was in TWI for about 10 months. At best, 2.5 years if you count the time I spent learning about it before taking the class. And then I left along with about 90 percent of New York. Yawn.

DWBH... I'd ghost write that one!