GreaseSpot Cafe

What if......there were no GSC Discussion Forums?

skyrider

On 3/3/2013 at 6:06 PM, skyrider said:

waysider.....besides Greasespot (and its predecessors), what other sites allow comments and free-flow discussion

of twi-involvement, experiences or doctrine?

Twi-offshoots? Nope. Didn't CES have one and then, close it down?

How about CFF? Or Finneg@an's outfit? Or Panarell0's? None that I know of.

Didn't the innie corps guy, John Br0wn, start one and twi shut it down?

How about John Riches0n's corps site? No real in-depth discussions, is there?

Where else is there to unravel the mess and discuss openly?

Seems like GS Cafe is a very special open forum. :wave:

It is to me!!  Some of the posts are funny, some of the posts make me cry, but most of the posts make me think.  If I had known 40 years ago, what I know now about TWI, I would never have gotten involved with it.  I never knew the sickening, and shameful things that TWI did, until I came to the GSC.  I knew things in Way World smelled like dung, but I didn't know why until I came here.  Many of the top leadership were so prevented, and twisted that I now feel, I didn't know them at all.  How sick so many of them were.  If I had only known all this, I would have left years earlier.

36 minutes ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

No, I am still learning how to find the threads.  I'm sure I will find it in time.

Or, you could send Skyrider a private message asking him for the link. He's good at it.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2013 at 3:11 AM, Twinky said:

If there were no GSC, there would be thousands still in bondage to that dreadful organisation.

So many who have passed through here have been enabled to see the truth behind the facade - to see that what happened to them was part of systematic abuse.

Twinky, I had no idea of how corrupt TWI was until I came here.  In the Twigs I attended, everything in Way World, was grand and glorious.  God forbid if you got sick, lost a job, or had any other negative in your life.  Your believing was wrong.  After a while, I realized that Way World was an unrealistic place for most of us to deal with.  And some of the people who inhabited it were azzholes!!

On 4/1/2013 at 11:31 AM, outandabout said:

Oak -

There were WOWs who were injured or worse. At the top of TWI it was kept hush hush.

I was thinking about that just a day or two ago. How in the world did we WOWS consent to being sent to God knows where with people we'd never met, with a pittance of money.....

Chances are some zealot talked us into it. It was status to a leader if they produced alot of WOWs out of their area. They didn't give a damn what happened to us once we went.

For sure!  I lost over 30 pounds during my WOW year.  There were days that I starved because I didn't have enough money to buy food.  My WOW year was the worse single year of my life.