GreaseSpot Cafe

The CABAL: Corps Assignments By Allusive Leaders

skyrider

Anyway, placements is one giant exercise in futility. TWI has shrunk substantially, and honestly, you could train three monkeys to shuffle people around, and staff whatever is needed. But, we would drag it out over four days of drudgery.

This bears repeating.....

.....and hopefully linder will get this thread printed and over to rosalie's desk pronto.

Edited by skyrider

One year the leaders were asked for suggestions to improve (yes this was a day when we were all looking around for hell to be freezing over). A couple of people I knew submitted the feedback that although Corps placements were supposed to be for the good of the individual AND the good of the ministry, practically the good of the individual and the family involved were not being considered in placements.

What happened? Rosie the Riveter got ....ed that people were turning down assignments. They publicly put out that the US leaders were complaining too much and needed to be more thankful like the internationals who "put up with hardship to even get the Word". Next, the party line on placements was changed. Now it was "whatever is best for the ministry will be the best for the individual". They explained that because all were serving and doing God's will, that WAS the best for them individually.

What ever happened to the "God will tell you FIRST before He lets anyone else know" doctrine?

On one hand, they preach pfal.....and then violate it when it suits their agenda.

Say it ain't so......mogs and mogettes glory in ruling over others.

These placement mtgs give you a brief glance behind the oz curtain.

Oh, and here's another secret. If you played politics right, then people would be left in the same area for years, allowing for a more normal integration with a community, and not spending all your life savings on moving expenses that TWI won't pay for, etc. All the placements and moves also are a great way to control people. Demote people, they won't be confident to resist you any more. Move them around and make them spend all their savings, they don't have time to think. They have to scramble to not go in debt - all imposed by this random shuffle of TWI.

Basically, the placement shuffle done by TWI is the operating of a cult. It's trading in human flesh, like you are trading a horse or a cow. The term used in the Bible for this is "menstealers". Sometimes translated "kidnappers", this also encompasses the horse trader definition. It is used for punishment and control. It is also used to prop up and magnify the exemplary bootie kissers.

Corps and staff placements were filled with favoritism and lust.

A modern-day form of spiritual abuse and slavery.

Where region men barked their demands -- "I'll take him!"

I was never in the Way Corps, but could see some of what socks describes out in the field; newly graduated Corps showing up to run branches that only existed on paper, single guys being assigned to run an area full of old married people with kids...

I remember a Limb leader pushing us to split all the twigs in our city; took 5 twigs that realistically should have been three and split them into ten. New Corps show up thinking that we had a branch and a "twig area" and all kinds of growth...

I was never in the Way Corps, but could see some of what socks describes out in the field; newly graduated Corps showing up to run branches that only existed on paper, single guys being assigned to run an area full of old married people with kids...

I remember a Limb leader pushing us to split all the twigs in our city; took 5 twigs that realistically should have been three and split them into ten. New Corps show up thinking that we had a branch and a "twig area" and all kinds of growth...

When I was around there were limbs that were full time because they counted people who were no longer with the ministry as being active.

Even back in the early 1970's, when The Way was experiencing a growth peak, I was instructed, as a twig leader, to doctor my membership roster. We were given lists of people who had taken the class but had drifted away. We were to contact them and try to recruit them back. Even a phone conversation constituted a renewal of "active" status. Oh, wait, I forgot, The Way doesn't keep membership rosters. Riiight!

When I was around there were limbs that were full time because they counted people who were no longer with the ministry as being active.

In fact, they would require approval from the Trunk office to remove someone from their "active" membership lists.

Oh, but wait, they didn't have members :wacko: :unsure: <_<

LOA wasn't as serious as DFAC (extreme "mark and avoid"), which was for the more deeply despised Corps. These would include those who either wouldn't give Martindale (in particular) 100% commitment; or they had raised some other issues that he didn't want to deal with. If the dropping occured mid-year, DFACs were often publicly vilified and slandered because they were so hardhearted regardless of the extreme patience and kindness shown to them by LCM (can you see my tongue sticking out of my cheek?); then they were never spoken of again. (If he was being kind, they simply merely never got another mention.)

The particularly pernicious thing was that if any active Corps person remained in contact with another who was DFAC, then the active one(s) risked all themselves and if it was found out, they too would be likely to become DFAC.

The only way back to Active Corps was to go through the whole Corps program again - and it would be made particularly tough and humiliating for them.

Well that's how Martindale ran it, anyway.

Can't you just feel the lurrrve?

I have to admit - the list of DFAC/LOA in the Corps Newsletter was the first thing I looked at, as well as who got married or engaged. Forget the other stuff. I think I even saved ALL the Corps Newsletters somewhere until I threw them out.

• 4 years later...
On 3/20/2013 at 9:57 PM, Steve Lortz said:

I spent 6 years in the Navy. I only went up to E-4, because I had some attitude problems, but I qualified as an engine room supervisor on a nuclear submarine, so I was like a shift supervisor for the watch section's machinists mates. That was a number of years before I got involved with TWI.

After I had taken PFAL and began participating in the organization's programs, I just assumed that its leaders were also trained in leadership. I wasn't disabused of that notion until I went into residence in the Corps training myself. It seemed to me that the leaders of TWI were praying for God to bless what they had already decided to do, which was how Wierwille defined walking by the flesh in foundational PFAL.

What clinched the whole thing for me was after the reading of The Passing of A Patriarch. Everybody in the Corps knew that there was a problem among the Trustees. Everybody was wondering "What can we do to help fix this problem?" The Trustees kept having meetings, but never would get specific about what the problem was. Then Martindale came out and said the problem arose because the people on the field were too lax about how they were running PFAL.

A leader's job is to take responsibility. When Martindale attempted to shift responsibility from the Trustees to the people at the twig level, who were doing the actual work, it was like scales fell from my eyes, and I could see what a hollow sham the whole Way tree structure was.

Given the disrespect for authority Wierwille demonstrated throughout his life, he would NEVER have been able to submit to the discipline required to learn real leadership.

Love,

Steve

Steve, I was in the Navy for five years.  It wasn't fun, but I did learn a lot from it. You are right; VPW would never have been able to summit to Naval Discipline.