GreaseSpot Cafe

Rosalie's Goal: To Make Hq Self-Sufficient

skyrider

That explains ALOT. :biglaugh:

Rosalie's goals are vastly different than VP's "Word Over the World". I've heard several repeated private in-person comments that seem to indicate her goal is to make HQ "Self Sufficient", meaning not needing income from any followers around the world to stay going.

So, let me get this straight......after decades and decades of stockpiling away the hard-earned labors and abundant giving of followers throughout the continental U.S.A., Rosalie deems it a worthy goal to make headquarters "self-sufficient?" That's rich! This is SO demented on so many levels that it almost leaves me speechless. Well.....almost.

Isn't this the antithesis of Christianity? Of Jesus' life?

In other words, the goal is to hoard away enough in one's financial portfolio so that THE MONEY IS SELF-SUSTAINING ONE'S LIFESTYLE IN PERPETUITY..... except, in this case, she's talking about the ruling class and servants of twi's hq. So, if the "outside world".....life, economy, hardships, or even followers abandon twi's exploitation......rosalie and donna and servants will be okay. They live in a world of their own making......a world of seclusion, and control, and order. Sure, there are the secret shopping trips to Dayton, or Chicago....and the fancy white-linen restaurants, but much of their existence is under a dome of dependency.

Where are the George Muellers?

George Mueller

<snip>

He built five large orphan houses and cared for 10,024 orphans in his life. When he started in 1834 there were accommodations for 3,600 orphans in all of England and twice that many children under eight were in prison.17 One of the great effects of Mueller's ministry was to inspire others so that “fifty years after Mr. Mueller began his work, at least one hundred thousand orphans were cared for in England alone.”18

He did all this while he was preaching three times a week from 1830 to 1898, at least 10,000 times.19 And when he turned 70 he fulfilled a life-long dream of missionary work for the next 17 years until he was 87. He traveled to 42 countries,20 preaching on average of once a day,21 and addressing some three million people.22 He preached nine times here in Minneapolis in 1880 (nine years after the founding of Bethlehem Baptist Church).

From the end of his travels in 1892 (when he was 87) until his death in March of 1898 he preached in his church and worked for the Scripture Knowledge Institute. At age 92, not long before he died, he wrote, “I have been able, every day and all the day to work, and that with ease, as seventy years since.”23 He led a prayer meeting at his church on the evening of Wednesday, March 9, 1898. The next day a cup of tea was taken to him at seven in the morning but no answer came to the knock on the door. He was found dead on the floor beside his bed. 24

The funeral was held the following Monday in Bristol, where he had served for sixty-six years. “Tens of thousands of people reverently stood along the route of the simple procession; men left their workshops and offices, women left their elegant homes or humble kitchens, all seeking to pay a last token of respect.”25 A thousand children gathered for a service at the Orphan House No. 3. They had now “for a second time lost a ‘father'.”26

He had read his Bible from end to end almost 200 times.27 He had prayed in millions of dollars (in today's currency28) for the Orphans and never asked anyone directly for money. He never took a salary in the last 68 years of his ministry, but trusted God to put in people's hearts to send him what he needed. He never took out a loan or went into debt.29 And neither he nor the orphans were ever hungry.

Self-sufficient. I wonder if rosie and gang plan on turning loose the serfs (ahem, volunteers) loose on the fields this spring.. plowing, planting.. in the old self-sufficent manner.. no tractors, no gasoline.. no help from the outside world..

I don't think Rosalie is concerned with THAT type of self-sufficiency, Ham.

IMO.....she's focused on the money-generating sufficiency of twi's hq. In other words, positioning the interest-accruing monies and investments to self-sustain the activities and twi payroll. Yeah, maybe a little tightening of the belt.......but, if the abundant sharing dissipated overnight and the economy went in the tank, twi would maintain and survive.

How incredibly inferior this line of "believing"........when compared to George Mueller, who believed daily for GOD to provide and meet the needs of the orphans. Day by day.....sometimes, down to the last hour, and the orphans had food to eat. In his prayer life, Mr. Mueller brought glory to the Almighty for His care.

Rosalie worships at the altar of the mighty dollar. <_</>

Edited by skyrider

I understand what you are saying here.. they've worked with the lawyers, the investments, etc. And think they have some invented some kind of perpeptual motion machine. They are supposedly richer than God..

but, what if.

What if.. one could not persuade somebody to deliver a truck load of food, to an address any where near 150 miles of Auglaize County, for love, or for money..

What if gasoline was non-existent, for over a 200 mile radius of the Household of Households..

how will they define "self-suffiency" then?

No electricity.

No Jet rides to the Bahamas..

I think this is not only a distinct possibility.. but that it is invertible. Will they be able to convince a few hungry followers to work their fields.. wait on them hand and foot..

sorry you know me can't read too long

she might be able to do that until she dies because you know

i'm not sure about ms. lombardi but they might have a suicide pact anyway. that wasn't nice, was it

aren't they kind of self-sufficient as it is? i mean, let go any field people. what are they worth? let go -- i don't know -- anyone else at the farm who doesn't contribute to the running of the farm. there you go. do they need to pretend to teach the bible? can't they just run a nice big farm with a nice big cow in charge?

i'm evil but i'm not feeling too much guilt at the moment

the part about her being able to do it you know until she dies was because she's getting to be the old gray mare she ain't want she used to be -- actually she never was

And think they have some invented some kind of perpeptual motion machine.

See, that's the pesky thing with running to the far end of the spectrum of wierwille's 'law of believing'......

If you've got perfect believing, you can live forever. Right?

And, if you believe to comprise self-sufficiency......it's gonna happen.

Not in the sense of figuring how to survive, and thrive, with no electricity....

Not in the sense of gasoline/diesel shortages, grocery stories to shop..........

But in the sense of SELF-in-all-its-glory sufficiency and believing.

It's the all I-Me-My doctrine where vanity of vanities stands before a mirror.

Rosalie has the gift ministry of an Administrator. She's in control.

And, the ultimate level of control is when all he!! breaks loose.....and there she is. Steady, firm, and in control.

This fantasy has had a long gestation period for this "mother in the word."

The thing is,

they can't just cut all the staff loose if they want to maintain the grounds and upkeep.

The main reason they can FIND people willing to work for the sub-standard conditions

they have, is blind loyalty and fanaticism.

If the loyal staff left, the only way to hire normal workers would be to offer what

they never will offer their staff. So, either spend more money for the staff,

or continue strongarming the foolish and naive to work on staff.

The thing is,

they can't just cut all the staff loose if they want to maintain the grounds and upkeep.

Who says that they really are that interested. In the grounds and upkeep that is.. except for the little area around the sign on w. road. Not so much to do.. they've rented out the land to local farmers, haven't they? Except for a few oil spills from wowmobiles in the parking lots.. there is not really a heck of a lot for staff to do, is there?

Who says that they really are that interested. In the grounds and upkeep that is.. except for the little area around the sign on w. road. Not so much to do.. they've rented out the land to local farmers, haven't they? Except for a few oil spills from wowmobiles in the parking lots.. there is not really a heck of a lot for staff to do, is there?

There really isn't. I was in housekeeping - when I was there we were told repeatedly that we were easily replaced by an outside group for cheaper, but it was our "spiritual" influence because we were believers and everything we cleaned was cleaned with the love of God... Everything gives off something... Yadda yadda yadda.

The toilets at the OSC were cleaned twice a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Lobby carpets vacuumed every day. We cleaned what didn't need cleaned.

And some things had been cleaned so much they were wearing out. The wood has been polished so much it started to get sticky from so much polish residue.

Something to be learned from that... Too much focus on doing STUFF and not enough on caring about things that were important.

We worked six days a week, cleaning things that didn't even collect dust. A complete waste of man hours.

oh dear java your post reminds me of my dear friend tim in the 9th corps in residence thing at emporia. he was assigned to scrub the bricks on i think andersen library. every day he went up on the ladder with some little brush and he could never find where he left off. how sick, right?

Just saying.....how differently people view charitable work today.

I know, newsflash right?... :biglaugh::thinking: There is NOTHING charitable about the way international, except what you can give to them. <_<

since their salary expenses are so low, it would take very little endowment to pay the minimum amount to keep the raft afloat. But not enough to make it go anywhere. I don't see how self-sufficiency would be any great success.

It appears that TWI's idea of spectacular innovation is buying a gray toilet bowl brush instead of the usual white one.

It appears that TWI's idea of spectacular innovation is buying a gray toilet bowl brush instead of the usual white one.

Ha! I don't think they would go that far in housekeeping. They are using the same vacuums as they did when the OSC was built. I'm all for stewarding stuff, but those things were heavy and caused many repetitive motion injuries to the housekeepers. Once again showing more concern for the object than the person.

I run my own business now, producing hand made high quality baked goods. Anything for my business that saves man hours and prevents injury is worth the money.

• 4 weeks later...