GreaseSpot Cafe

Bloggers Reveal Christian Fundamentalist Abuses

Sudo

I think the internet was the final nail in TWI's coffin. Martindale would more than likely have been able to continue on his lecherous ways unencumbered had there been no WayDale. Yep.. Loy finally screwed the wrong man's wife...and the internet made sure that TWI's numbers would continue to drop.

sudo

Thank God for Greasespot. Who knows how many ruined lives have been prevented and how many ruined lives have been healed when the truth has been exposed!

Thank God too that the Pope is finally tackling the problem of abuse in the RC church, which for decades has been covered up with offending priests simply transferred to other areas.

Pope tackles sex abuse in RC church and he has appointed a survivor of 1960s abuse to be on his commission of enquiry: Marie Collins

Very interesting.

Funny how these groups have such similarities. We were not alone. I read on a link that the leader took advantage of women sexually. Hmmmmmm where have we seen THAT before?

It seems that the ultimate demise of church leadership is so often inappropriate sex.

Edited by outandabout

Yeah, that's why I wanted to post this.... We weren't so special like we all thought. We were all in just an average run of the mill cult. I'm sure all the other cults' members thought they alone had the true spiritual insight as well, huh? Probably believed God spoke directly to their founders too no doubt. Heard of lots of miracles that the founder had done "in the early days" I would guess, as well....

sudo

Thanks, Sudo.

Steve Hill, a precious little one who passed away, often spoke and put into his written works the story of how, after he was born again, got involved in a Christian cult, and was repulsed by the hypocrisy of using "grace" as a license to sin. So thankful he had sense enough to quit that place. So wish I had sense enough to get out. (I probably wouldn't have left except Craig M@tind@ale kicked me out.) So sad that so many precious little ones stayed so long and had their ministries "way-laid." pi_cry.gif

Steve Hill's memorial thread

Edited by Kit Sober