GreaseSpot Cafe

Doctrine of the Trinity

Why the attack on me, Mark? If it truly means so much to learn from other people (or perhaps what you really mean, is that others learn from you), then why be so opinionated on how (much less, what) they learn? 

Enough of that ad hominem stuff, and try to stick to the topic of the thread.

And/or if you want to stick the issue of universalism up on its own thread, maybe a  few others will care to pin the tail on that donkey. Okay?

P.S. I am not one that believes God's judgment in the future is only to torture, nor do I believe that death is torture.  Regardless of whether or not it's perfect (which it isn't), I've studied & thought long and hard enough about the issue to have what seems (to me) to be a reasonable and biblically sound perspective on the matter.  Unless or until a better understanding presents itself, why suppose that I should (or am going to) change?

Edited by TLC
the p.s.

3 hours ago, TLC said:

Why the attack on me, Mark? If it truly means so much to learn from other people (or perhaps what you really mean, is that others learn from you), then why be so opinionated on how (much less, what) they learn? 

Enough of that ad hominem stuff, and try to stick to the topic of the thread.

And/or if you want to stick the issue of universalism up on its own thread, maybe a  few others will care to pin the tail on that donkey. Okay?

P.S. I am not one that believes God's judgment in the future is only to torture, nor do I believe that death is torture.  Regardless of whether or not it's perfect (which it isn't), I've studied & thought long and hard enough about the issue to have what seems (to me) to be a reasonable and biblically sound perspective on the matter.  Unless or until a better understanding presents itself, why suppose that I should (or am going to) change?

TLC, at least read your own previous statement that begins with P.S. below, where you do the equivalent of attack others views. Please try to open your eyes and see well researched information, Namely, Nelson's bible dictionary and Strong's concordance of Koine Greek word definitions. They save time in research at least for me. And they allow me to double check their accuracy by reading the actual scriptures.

For other people here they might find this interesting. I too have done and do biblical research. For example, I have given copies of articles that I have written to church pastors and they have seen them as fundamentally true. One of which is the Nativity Of Christ Greek Orthodox Christian Church. I hope it is O.K. for me to see other researchers as fundamentally true also, for example Greek definitions from people who know Greek.

Also in previous years I gave an article that I had written to the former Way ministry limb leader of the the state of Texas after he had withdrawn from the Way ministry and after looking at the article I wrote he told me that it was like reading the bible.   

Below quoted from TLC

P.S.  Please be careful quoting word studies or definitions copied out of Nelson's, or Strong's, or any where else.  TWI's research is infamous for missing the mark with them, and besides not being much help (we mostly all have those same tools), they can tend to come across as quite condescending.

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti

11 hours ago, TLC said:

Arrogance, even when (or if) supported by "well researched information" (which btw, yours here isn't), is a real turn off. 

So for now, sayonara.

It looks like to him well researched information is "sayonara" and maybe I will see you tomorrow, but maybe I won't. However, scriptures quoted from the bible with the actual wording to him is perhaps a real turn off and arrogance. 

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti