GreaseSpot Cafe

Movie Mash-Up

"Dom de Luise.... James Coburrn .....Paul Williams .....Madeline Kahn ...Telly Savalas....Carol Kane .....Milton Berle ....Elliott Gould .....Bob Hope .....Richard Pryor ....Steve Martin ....Mel Brooks .....Cloris Leachman .....Orson Welles ....Charles Durning ....Edgar Bergen ....Caroll Spinney....Jerry Nelson ....Richard Hunt .....Dave Goelz

-One of the most difficult scenes to shoot was the bicycle scene, for obvious technical reasons.

-The end credits include a dedication to Edgar Bergen.

-The scene playing the banjo and singing while sitting on a log took 5 days to shoot.

-Possibly the last movie to include a Studebaker Commander Coupe.

-The last song in the movie includes a shot of some 250 characters singing.

-Actually, you CAN become a movie star by going to Bombay, India.  Going to NYC to try to break into public television is also technically possible, if unlikely.

1 hour ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

This reminds me of a "Wheel of Fortune" episode, where, after contestants guess all of the consonants and buy all the vowels, Pat Sajack says, "I guess now it just depends on whether you can pronounce it."

I STILL have no idea what this movie is.

George

Who would dedicate a movie to Edgar Bergen and Charlie Mc Carthy?

48 minutes ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Pretty much any ventriloquist.  There was a movie called "The Ventriloquist" a few years ago, but none of the actors listed were in the cast.

So, again, I have no idea.

George

If not, literally, a ventriloquist, who else would OBVIOUSLY make that dedication?   Seriously, are you doing this on purpose?

On 2/10/2018 at 1:25 PM, WordWolf said:

"Dom de Luise.... James Coburrn .....Paul Williams .....Madeline Kahn ...Telly Savalas....Carol Kane .....Milton Berle ....Elliott Gould .....Bob Hope .....Richard Pryor ....Steve Martin ....Mel Brooks .....Cloris Leachman .....Orson Welles ....Charles Durning ....Edgar Bergen ....Caroll Spinney....Jerry Nelson ....Richard Hunt .....Dave Goelz

-One of the most difficult scenes to shoot was the bicycle scene, for obvious technical reasons.

-The scene playing the banjo and singing while sitting on a log took 5 days to shoot.

-Actually, you CAN become a movie star by going to Bombay, India.  Going to NYC to try to break into public television is also technically possible, if unlikely.

On the soundtrack.....  "Movin' Right Along", "I Hope That Something Better Comes Along", "I'm Going To Go Back There Someday". "Can You Picture That", "Never Before, Never Again", "America The Beautiful". .

Probably not the last movie to include a Ford Woody Wagon, but probably the only one where a used one was sold to a character for $11.95- meaning they got a nickel's change after their 2 trade-ins of $12.00 US.

Almost certainly the only movie where "Dragonfly Ripple" ice cream appears.

They didn't look like Presbyterians to me, either.

"GO HOME!  GO HOME!   Bye-bye."

In lines with your "Name that Flick" flick, this is probably one of the Muppet movies.  If one of them were "riding a bicycle," it would be a bit of a challenge to pull it off.

Since you mention NYC, I'm going to guess "The Muppets Take Manhattan," again pointing out that I haven't seen ANY of the Muppet movies.

George

2 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

In lines with your "Name that Flick" flick, this is probably one of the Muppet movies.  If one of them were "riding a bicycle," it would be a bit of a challenge to pull it off.

Since you mention NYC, I'm going to guess "The Muppets Take Manhattan," again pointing out that I haven't seen ANY of the Muppet movies.

George

A Muppet riding a bicycle IS tough to pull off without CGI.     Sadly, this round is not "the Muppets Take Manhattan."  But really, you should have seen a few of them, especially if you've seen the classic TV show.

On 2/10/2018 at 1:25 PM, WordWolf said:

Some actors were easy to spot. Dom de Luise is lost in the swamp. James Coburn, Paul Williams, Madeline Kahn, Telly Savalas and Carol Kane are ALL in the El Sleazo Cafe. Milton Berle runs the used-car lot. Mel Brooks plays the mad scientist who prepares the cerebrectomy (it turns the brain into guacamole.)  Charles Durning was Doc Hopper. Cloris Leachman was Lew Lord's receptionist, and Orson Welles was Lew Lord.  Jerry Nelson, Richard Hunt and Dave Goelz all operated Muppets- and snuck into the El Sleazo and the gunmen squad.

Caroll Spinney was the actor for Big Bird for decades-who is hitchhiking to NYC to try to break into public television rather than go to Hollywood. Gonzo's dream was to move to Bombay, India and become a movie star. (But people go to Hollywood for that.  Sure-if they want to do it the EASY WAY....)    Kermit the Frog rode a Schwinn bicycle fairly early in the movie- a scene after the banjo scene.  Fozzie drove the Studebaker. ("A bear in his natural habitat- a Studebaker.")   Steve Martin sold ice cream- including some Dragonfly Ripple to Kermit.    The soundtrack is fairly memorable- not terribly surprising considering Paul Williams worked on the songs.  The most-remembered song, however, was "The Rainbow Connection" which deserves the recognition it gets.  Some of us really like other songs as well-as named above.

Okeydoke...

One of the main characters in this popular, comedic action movie seriously contemplates suicide. The actor did such a good job with that scene that he was offered the role of another classic character who also famously contemplates suicide. He did it. That is, the actor took the role. Neither character committed suicide, but one of them didn't survive until closing credits. The other stayed alive through three sequels.

Name the popular, comedic action movie, and the classic character (also the name of the second movie).

3 hours ago, Raf said:

I thought that was tailor-made for word wolf, but you are correct.

My subconscious failed to connect the dots.  That and I forgot the 3 sequels to Hamlet.  *ducks*  

Having never sat down to watch Lethal Weapon 1 made the big clue harder to remember.

Well, I figured the "famously contemplated suicide" character had to be Hamlet.  Checking IMDb, the most recent versions starred Kenneth Branagh and Mel Gibson.  Unable to think of any comedic action film starring Branagh.  I thought about Gibson and Lethal Weapon, which, coincidentally enough, had three sequels.  I don't remember Gibson's character being suicidal, but then it's been a long time since I saw the movie.

I'll return with some clues, shortly.

George

Name the actor whose quotes are in the following list and the movies they came from.  Give three of the four movies on the list to win the round.

Movie group one

"I'm in a dress, I have gel in my hair, I haven't slept all night, I'm starved and I'm armed!  Don't mess with me".

"I know I am going to miss the heels because they do something for my posture.  And I'm suddenly very aware and proud of my breasts".

"No no no, I know the only reason you picked me was because I was the only one who looked half decent in a bikini and wasn't on maternity leave".

Movie group two

"Michael, I want you to have a good time but if you get a girl pregnant out of wedlock, I will crawl into the car and drive up to Oxford and cut off your (penis)".

"NO, you hear me Bitch!!!  You threaten my son, you threaten me, you so much as cross into downtown, you will be sorry.  I'm in a prayer group, and with the D.A., I'm a member of the N.R.A and I'm always packing".

"I don't want to name names but one of the coaches took him out to a (booby) bar.  Gave him nightmares".

Movie group three

"If you touch my *ss one more time I will cut your  (junk) off in your sleep.  Okay"?

"Andrew!  Andrew!  Fine!  Fine!!  I'll make you editor fine.  If you do this Alaska weekend and the immigration interview I'll make you editor.  Happy"? 

"Here take the doggy!  Take the dog, I need that phone!!  Look at the doggy.  I need that phone.  Take the dog.  Take the dog".

Movie group four

"I have, in fact, perused some newsreels in the Schwarzenegger Library.  Yes. The Schwarzenegger  Presidential Library.  Wasn't he an actor?  Yes!  Even though he was born in this country, his popularity at the time caused the 61st amendment which states"........

"Chief, you can take this job, and you can shovel it"!

"Let's go blow this guy'.

"I was wondering if you would like to have sex"?  "You mean *fluid transfer*"?  

"Looks like he matched his meet.  You really licked his *ss".

I used quotes that both reveal much of the plot but also give away the actor.

Edited by Human without the bean
to correct those pesky grammar errors I made