GreaseSpot Cafe

Family 20-22

No Looking Back

We were at the Indiana campus long enough for a head lice check, but not long enough for a Corps night - I think we slept there two nights, might have just been one. Thankfully, the details are fading... I like that they are fading. It's been 8 years this month.

Better

Off

Without

The

Way

International

We made it through until the last month ... just long enough to get all the tuition paid ... then were found "unworthy." Now so thankful for that because we got out! Hard, long, expensive, hurtful lessons but I have to think of all the silly stuff to keep it light and funny. Like when I used to dart around another direction to avoid the crowd gathering by Rev. M as he stopped those in the halls wherever he was to expound on some great truth. I could never understand him and with all the scheduling, I hadn't figured in 45 minutes or so of each day standing around, nodding and looking like I got it. On his behalf, I bet he thinks that was pretty silly too ... now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

(ex) Family 21 here.

We left a month or two before graduation. Glad to be rid of that two bit operation.

However... What I enjoyed the most of our time in residence was the time we spent at the Indiana Campus. Each season had it's own charm. I spent much of my time in the AV dept. It was a different sort of lifestyle being cooped up in that hot little booth.

I remember Bowtwi and Bowtwi jr. Any other F21 folks floating by?

RB

proud.gif

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
My brother and I were teens when we were in the 20th Family Corps. Our parents were dropped from the Corp not long after we were sent on assignment to NC. I don't recognize anyone's screen names. Anyone remember Tony or Christi Bloomfield?

Hi Christi.

I remember you two. We were in your twig first block when we first came in residence. Your Mom and Dad were good folks. I stop by here every three months of so just to catch up on the gossip.

You can email me if you like.

RB

• 11 months later...

My brother and I were teens when we were in the 20th Family Corps. Our parents were dropped from the Corp not long after we were sent on assignment to NC. I don't recognize anyone's screen names. Anyone remember Tony or Christi Bloomfield?

Yes!!! I was in 20! Your parents are wonderful fun-loving incredibly giving people. Your mom helped me with typing and computer stuff. Your dad was so funny easy to work with and had the best jokes which I even used in one of my "speeches". I didn't spend much time with you and your brother, but all were a great family. How are your mom and dad?

Edited by scenerygirl

• 5 months later...