GreaseSpot Cafe

Accused sex predator Victor Barnard — a victim's story

The most disturbing story I’ve ever reported will be published Sunday in the St. Paul Pioneer Press and was just posted online here: http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_25783953/victor-barnard-called-girls-brides-christ-and-he

It’s the story of a remarkable woman who endured nine years of sexual abuse, starting when she was just 13, by a cult leader and Corps grad named Victor Barnard who recruited a harem of 10 young “Maidens” to be “sacrificed to God” and “married to Christ.” What that meant, according to a criminal complaint filed in Minnesota last month, was that he would use them repeatedly for sex — for years — because he was “Christ in the flesh.” He’s a wanted man today, believed to be hiding in Washington state. I actually knew the guy 30 years ago when we were both in the 14th Corps, and I believe The Way is where he learned his sick tactics.

ohmygod this is soooooooooo disturbing and disgusting

when i started to read the article about poor lindsay, i thought to myself wow i knew someone in the way corps with that last name, a really nice guy carmen who was from philly or nyc.... i kept reading and saw this is HIS DAUGHTER. i really want to slap the sh ee t out of him!!!!!!

poor sweet little lindsay said he told her "having sex with me was his way of showing me God's love" and said it was "spiritual and natural for him to take care of her in this way"

oh yeah i know. wierwille said to me something like "you've never been loved by a real man of God" (i needed healing) after i told him i had been sexually abused

that FK asked her if she had ever masturbated. this reminds me so much of vpig. i still can't believe both their names are victor. i'm sorry for all the good men named victor

"he yelled a lot at people in front of everyone..." wierwille martindale etc etc etc

but to SHAKE that 5 year old baby i can't i can't CARMEN WTF

and to assault 12-13 year old babies

you know that's about the age i was molested. vpig played it safe with girls who were JUST OF legal age, but i still call it rape. trying to remember if catcup's sister and someone else were younger, but WTF, rape is rape

to lindsay and other sweet young girls -- I AM SO SO SO SO SORRY

a deer in headlights - ohmygosh - i remember just watching from the ceiling at someone(me) who this was happening to

a lot of people have to pay in this day or some day

CARMEN, are you out there? have you begged your daughter for forgiveness???????

love,

ex

• Upvote 1

Thanks for that, Ex. It's good to know that some people out there know what I'm talking about (and know much better than I).

I vaguely remember Carmen Tornambe because he was in the 12th Corps and in residence with the 14th Corps (and was a man with a woman's name). He left Barnard's group, and talked to investigators, but his wife, Peggy, left him and stayed with Barnard. Their daughter, Lindsay, told me that Peggy didn't want to hear anything she had to say about Barnard's lechery, saying she was still standing with Victor no matter what. Lindsay doesn't speak to her mother anymore.

Lindsay also doesn't speak to her father, because she says he's still in denial about what happened to her — and wants people to feel sorry for him because he lost his whole family. Well, boo-hoo. If Carmen Tornambe thinks he's the victim here, I can only pity his cluelessness.

• Upvote 1

where's lindsay's little sister now?

oh carmen feels sorry for himself bastud whimp. just own up to your own brainwashed stupidity for godsaske. who cares about peggy following that pig!!!! your daughters are who you owe BIG TIME. you were responsible for them as their father. just get on your knees and beg for forgiveness if you have any guts!!!!!!!

i don't know. i was in the 9th frikkin corps and spent my interim year in emporia with 8th and 10th. i think i might have gotten to know him as 12th because i was on staff after i graduated. i guess.

this brings back so much. the far reaching effects of VICTOR PAUL WIERWILLE. did he name the quartet the victors after himself????

i could puke!!!!!!

where the hell could he hide out? i can't believe people went with him and this so-called MOTHER peggy? and that stuff in the article that victor barnyard met with the tornambe parents to tell them about this? ohmygod it's just too much

• Upvote 1

Tragically, Ex, Lindsay Tornambe's younger sister took her place as a "Maiden" and is still in the group.

Un-bel-ievable!!! That any parent, but especially a parent who espouses to know God, would literally sacrifice not just one daughter but two and thinking they're doing God's will somehow! How wazzed out do you have to be? My God! That, and in the face of the oldest daughter's revelations. That's just over the top. But, I suppose people have been practicing child sacrifice to some sort of God for millenia. This is just another form. Man I'm glad I'm out.

• Upvote 2

Social psychologist Philip Zimbardo on the Lucifer Effect.

It's directly related to what took place in The Way and in Victor Barnard's cult.

"Perhaps no one comprehends the roots of depravity and cruelty better than Philip Zimbardo. He is renowned for such research as the Stanford Prison Experiment, which demonstrated how, in the right circumstances, ordinary people can swiftly become amoral monsters. Evil is not so much inherent in individuals, Zimbardo showed, but emerges dependably when a sequence of dehumanizing and stressful circumstances unfolds."

You can skip the first 4:45 wihich is entirely introductions

It's all about lack of social accountability.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps someone can link into this thread the recent threads concerning RRF and this predator - there are two or three threads.

rocky, i'm interested to check what you posted zimbardo

--

i want to quote my own post

poor sweet little lindsay said he told her "having sex with me was his way of showing me God's love" and said it was "spiritual and natural for him to take care of her in this way"

oh yeah i know. wierwille said to me something like "you've never been loved by a real man of God" (i needed healing) after i told him i had been sexually abused

GOD'S LOVE how these psychos could take care of us with GOD'S LOVE? yeah i'll tell you who took care of whom rephrehensible i'll show you what's good about being alive. you're better off dead

• 2 months later...

For those interested I just was informed of this:

Next Sunday 9pm ET - John Walsh profiles Victor Barnard 14th Way Corps

Here's a link to a

for the episode.

And given that there was a VB siting the other day, I'd say it could be very soon that they have him in custody.

Edited by Rocky

After watching "The Hunt" last night with John Walsh, I must say I was a little disappointed. They never mentioned Barnard's affiliation with twi and it was so apparent that he was heavily influenced by them. They profiled Barnard from the time he started his own cult until the present...no background whatsoever. I'm wondering if twi threatened a lawsuit if they mentioned them on TV...

Other than that, they portrayed Barnard as a lying scum bag pedophile...but they could have done better.

After watching "The Hunt" last night with John Walsh, I must say I was a little disappointed. They never mentioned Barnard's affiliation with twi and it was so apparent that he was heavily influenced by them. They profiled Barnard from the time he started his own cult until the present...no background whatsoever. I'm wondering if twi threatened a lawsuit if they mentioned them on TV...

Other than that, they portrayed Barnard as a lying scum bag pedophile...but they could have done better.

Consider that The Hunt was not aiming to bust TWI.

There will be plenty of time and media coverage on his background once Barnard is apprehended.

barnyard has the history with that small defunct cult now led by two old lesbians, but so do the parents of that poor sweet lindsay tornambe who was a "maiden" and if you look back her little sister is now also one

this crap just sickens me over and over and over again

i'm still glad they put it out there

so many things running through my mind i don't know

wierwille for the most part (catcup's sister for one is exception) was smart enough to go for maidens 18 and above