GreaseSpot Cafe

Spiritual Abuse and Indentured Servitude

skyrider

Twi uses classic bait-and-switch tactics to achieve its long-term objective....indentured servitude.

Deceivers and seducers are multiplying.....and their tell-tale signs are on display. Hyper-authoritarians is one of those rising catch-all terms to absorb church leaders who don't qualify for that derogatory slang of cult leaders. Anywho,

it exposes the same tactics, same psychological/spiritual abuse, same snares, same results......

Of course, wierwille stated that pfal grads should "put away all their other reading material for 3 months".....

Of course, twi strongly discourages its followers to STAY OFF THE INTERNET and especially websites like GreaseSpot Café.

Of course, leadership say that reading outside sources might get you pozzezzed........

Really? Grown adults STILL fall for this garbage, whacked-out pyscho-babble? Yep.

Wierwille threw the possessed label around with grandiose authority, after all.

Wake up, people......the devouring lions are WITHIN the city gates. :evildenk:

Click Here

This article states it this way......"The proper role of human under-shepherds is to lead people to the Great Shepherd, Jesus Christ, and teach them how to be His disciples, in submission to Him and His authority. Hyper-authoritarian leaders, instead, lead people to themselves, and indoctrinate them to be their followers, in total submission to them and their authority."

Hey, innies........this article quotation is for you.

"Moreover, members are indoctrinated and compelled to accept the leadership-set agenda of the group, regarding which they have next to no real say, as their personal burden and responsibility, and thus to commit their time, talent, and most importantly, their tithe, to its successful completion. Sadly, most never see past the spiritual smoke and mirrors to realize that the so-called "church" to which they have sworn allegiance and promised their wholehearted and unflagging support is nothing more than the personal "business" of its leaders, and not only are they free labor like the Goshen-Israelites during their captivity in Egypt, but they actually pay out of their own resources for the privilege of being a participant, i.e., member"

Despite what the calendar may have indicated, must of us were still "kids" when we became involved with The Way. Current thinking is that mental adulthood is not reached until about 25 years of age. We were like silly-putty, just waiting to be molded.

Back in twi, Ralph D did a teaching for adults, called "Teen Outreach",

about how to reach the teens. It was very sensible.

One comment he made was tongue-in-cheek, and illustrates your point nicely.

"You know, when I was 18, I was amazed at how stupid my parents were.

Then, when I got to be about 25, I was amazed at how much they had

learned in the past few years."

I myself remember looking back at around age 25, and feeling amazed I

got anything done around age 18 considering how foolish I was by

comparison. At the time, I thought the difference was primarily

experience. I didn't suspect there were biological reasons also.

Hey, innies........this article quotation is for you.

"Moreover, members are indoctrinated and compelled to accept the leadership-set agenda of the group, regarding which they have next to no real say, as their personal burden and responsibility, and thus to commit their time, talent, and most importantly, their tithe, to its successful completion. Sadly, most never see past the spiritual smoke and mirrors to realize that the so-called "church" to which they have sworn allegiance and promised their wholehearted and unflagging support is nothing more than the personal "business" of its leaders, and not only are they free labor like the Goshen-Israelites during their captivity in Egypt, but they actually pay out of their own resources for the privilege of being a participant, i.e., member"

Absolutely. the numbered characteristics in that article including this one pretty much catalog how cult leaders act.

Absolutely. the numbered characteristics in that article including this one pretty much catalog how cult leaders act.

Yeah......almost all 33 points align with twi's tactics and snares in some form.

To me, this #25 is a biggie.....the constant drill of attending twig fellowships,

classes, class crew set-ups, meetings, events, confrontational mtgs, corps, etc.

25. Constant indoctrination with a "group" or "family" mentality that impels members to exalt the corporate "life" and goals of the church-group over their personal goals, callings, objectives, and relationships.

Just looked at what the video was for point 32. If only the tantrums in TWI were that mellow. Instead of spitfests and vile language.