GreaseSpot Cafe

Wedding

Oakspear

For the last eight years I have been a wedding officiant in the Midwest. My wife and I have officiated at close to 400 weddings during that time, including for one of my Grease Spot buddies in 2012.

We advertise locally and on the internet and are occasionally pleasantly surprised that someone we know calls or emails us about performing their wedding ceremony. A few months ago I agreed to do a wedding for a young man whose parents had been in The Way when I was. His mother had taken PFAL in my house in 1981 and she and her then-husband had been in the same Twig as I during the 90's. I knew this guy since he was a toddler.

The wedding was today. At the rehearsal last night the groom's mother and her new husband were there - she was very nice to me - I did not ask her if she was still involved in The Way, although I think she is. At the ceremony today I spotted the local Twig Coordinator, his wife and another couple who had been involved when I was kicked out in 2001. They did not see me...until I walked up the aisle with the groom...the looks on their faces were great! Shock...surprise...changing to frowns as I read a service that was "off the Word" in so many aspects. I left immediately after and did not interact with them at all.

Sometimes it's just great to be me!

For the last eight years I have been a wedding officiant in the Midwest. My wife and I have officiated at close to 400 weddings during that time, including for one of my Grease Spot buddies in 2012.

We advertise locally and on the internet and are occasionally pleasantly surprised that someone we know calls or emails us about performing their wedding ceremony. A few months ago I agreed to do a wedding for a young man whose parents had been in The Way when I was. His mother had taken PFAL in my house in 1981 and she and her then-husband had been in the same Twig as I during the 90's. I knew this guy since he was a toddler.

The wedding was today. At the rehearsal last night the groom's mother and her new husband were there - she was very nice to me - I did not ask her if she was still involved in The Way, although I think she is. At the ceremony today I spotted the local Twig Coordinator, his wife and another couple who had been involved when I was kicked out in 2001. They did not see me...until I walked up the aisle with the groom...the looks on their faces were great! Shock...surprise...changing to frowns as I read a service that was "off the Word" in so many aspects. I left immediately after and did not interact with them at all.

Sometimes it's just great to be me!

Did you see smoke coming out of their ears? :confused:/>

eusa_clap.gif/>

wow - that is some bizarro freaky serendipity or something....i mean hopefully it was a good experience for you...

Oakspear, from what i know of you at Grease Spot i bet you did a wonderful job....i think i would have been too preoccupied with my own thoughts to have focused on officiating the ceremony....it would be interesting to hear what they had to say amongst themselves after the fanfare died down.

Edited by T-Bone

There was only one of the foursome whose face I could clearly see during the whole ceremony and he looked very uncomfortable. The other man is one of a handful of Way people whom I would feel justified punching in the face!

It was a good experience for me; I did my usual professional job. It would have been interesting to hear post-ceremony remarks, but I was not at all interested in mingling with this bunch afterwards

• 8 months later...