GreaseSpot Cafe

Longhunter

Hello all,

I am a new member, although I did originally sign up a few years back when WayDale was up. I was in college and lost use of the email I signed up with when I graduated. Anyways ...

I grew up in the way at Gunnison and HQ (1984-2009ish).

I was a child for many of the events and people mentioned on here, so my experience was both different and shared. I recognize the names and remember many of the faces.

I still have a lot of loved ones, especially immediate family, who are active and I regularly interact with them and occasionally attend TWI extended events and visit NK a handful of times a year. I'm not in the business of gossiping per se, or spying, or sharing secrets, but I sympathize with those who have been hurt, lost, and separated from others and who have mixed emotional ties to TWI after dedicating so much and losing it all. If I can be if any positive assistance, let me know. I, like all of you, have my own story and experiences and tears and laughs. My family was torn apart at multiple generations and the scars are still there. My heart goes out to all of you and those still involved.

I have taken some time reading all the threads and have added some updates for those curious, although many of the threads were very old, I thought it may be of use to someone, especially in the cases of checking on old friends.

• Upvote 1

Welcome, Longhunter.

Sounds like you are an "outie" now but you have plenty of family who are still "innies." It can be very difficult! Sounds like your parents were on staff - try not to be too upset if you read some unpleasant things about them or any others of your relatives. Some of the things people post can be very hard to take in.

Cheers, Twinx

I'm pretty thick skinned and don't take much personally. There's no need to a sensor anything. I'm definitely an outie, I'm an atheist, but TWI was literally my entire life until the last decade, it's a part of me, probably always will be.

I should around that my atheism and departure from TWI were separate events. My leaving was the result of direct conflicts with LCM and the other directors regarding personal issues and doctrinal issues.

*should clarify

• Upvote 2

• 6 months later...

I'm pretty thick skinned and don't take much personally. There's no need to a sensor anything. I'm definitely an outie, I'm an atheist, but TWI was literally my entire life until the last decade, it's a part of me, probably always will be.

I should around that my atheism and departure from TWI were separate events. My leaving was the result of direct conflicts with LCM and the other directors regarding personal issues and doctrinal issues.

*should clarify

Yay! Another ex-TWI turned atheist! Welcome look forward to chatting sometime.

Seth

• 2 years later...
On 10/23/2014 at 3:49 PM, Longhunter said:

*should clarify

Longhunter, I know your thread is old, but I think it is great that you left TWI.  I can not imagine growing up in Way World.  I know a woman who grew up in it, and she was a B--ch. I don't think she was a B because she grew up in TWI, but her mother was a big shot in Way World. In TWI, Amy got what she wanted, when she wanted it.  When she left the TWI bubble, and had to deal with real life, she quickly learned that she wasn't special, and real life was hard.  We regular believers, were busy dealing with our lives, and didn't have time to treat Amy like a pampered princess.  She  eventually left the area, and got married. I don't think all TWI kids were like Amy, but some of the ones I knew, had problems dealing with the real world.  I wish you well on your journey in life.