GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

On 26/4/2017 at 8:41 AM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Interesting.  WW just e-mailed me, mentioning that GS was down for a week.  I observed the same thing as Human, but I was able to click links on the page, and they did open the regular forum pages.

Still don't know the actress.

George

Technically, I pm'ed you and your acct is set to email it. 

8 hours ago, WordWolf said:

It's only fair to post a single name if the character HAS no last name.  The only Inga I know was played by TERI GARR in "Young Frankenstein." Is this Teri Garr?

The only Inga I've known was a transfer student from my high school daze.  But I still remember her.  Yes TERI GARR is right.

I found no less than 18 other times (not including tv) where she played a character using only the first name on IMDB.

Teri Garr  IMDB

It's your turn WordWolf.

On 27/4/2017 at 11:10 PM, Human without the bean said:

The only Inga I've known was a transfer student from my high school daze.  But I still remember her.  Yes TERI GARR is right.

I found no less than 18 other times (not including tv) where she played a character using only the first name on IMDB.

Teri Garr  IMDB

It's your turn WordWolf.

Those are fair to use in this game of course.  I don't feel the film-makers are being that fair to us when it happens- or when a character only has a job description or something. I doubt that this would cause them to lose any sleep.

1 hour ago, WordWolf said:

Those are fair to use in this game of course.  I don't feel the film-makers are being that fair to us when it happens- or when a character only has a job description or something. I doubt that this would cause them to lose any sleep.

I doubt that anyone from the cast of Young Frankenstein got any sleep after debuting.  The 1970's. Do you remember anything?  I don't!  Haven't seen Teri Garr in anything since 2007?  Gene Hackman is retired!  I sure miss him!  You're up Wolf.   Madeline Kahn's career ended tragically!  Peter Boyl is no longer with us.  He was so funny on "Everybody Loves Raymond", I think he was the mold that held that group together. How's your Friday going?  Ray Ramono is kind'a working. HBO.  But Patricia Heaton is still active.  I like her show "The Middle"!  :wave:  Of all things to go away why does it have to be the smiley emojie?

Anyway, why am I posting?  WW is up.

1 hour ago, WordWolf said:

Well, that's interesting!  My entire post just disappeared!  Two days ago my password was strong but today it was only fair.  What gives?  Anything else?  Strange times were living in!

Edited by Human without the bean
sometimes got to change

Elliot Marston       Sinclair Bryant        Lukas Hart III

Dwight Billings       Franz Mesmer    Grigori Rasputin

Eamon De Valera     David Weinberg   Phil Allen

P.L. O'Hara      Det. David Friedman    David Weinberg

John Gissing    Antoine Richis        Alex Hughes

Eli Michaelson     Steven Spurrier   Karl Hoffmeister

6 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

With Raf's comment on "What Character Said..." I'm going to guess

Alan Rickman

George

That's him.  He's had a liot of work, and not JUST as Severus Snape and Hans Gruber. I was saving his SF roles if nobody got this set.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

With absolutely no influence from Raf's post, I'll guess

the Devil (or Lucifer, or Satan, or whatever)

George

No. Raf was not providing ANY kind of hint.  This one's tough enough that Mrs Wolf missed it- and she's seen 3 of them in this list but still can't picture a role where they both play the part, even after seeing it!

John Hurt        Richard Hurndall        Michael Jayston

Geoffrey Hughes    Toby Jones        Peter Cushing

Jim Broadbent      Hugh Grant     Rowan Atkinson

Paul Mc Gann     Richard E. Grant    Joanna Lumley

The only ones from the list I can put a face to are Hurt, Cushing, Atkinson, Hugh Grant, and Lumley.  The woman, of course, throws a wrench into this, but there are a number of traditionally male roles now being portrayed by women, e.g., Watson and Moriarty on "Elementary."  Let's try another "Holmesian" role:

Inspector Lastrade?

George