GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

Cleve Gordon            William Struthers         Father Chuck O'Malley        Clinton Jones        Rubin Flood                 Roger Morgan 

Steve Blair                Jay Follett                  Ace Bonner                Joseph Dobbs              Beauregard Jackson Pickett Burnside 

Tom Lindholm Sr.         Big Ed Bookman              Hadley Chisholm            Ben Sunday       Mike Finnegan            Dennis Riordan

Dr. Irving Finegarten            Carole "Toddy" Todd            "Big" Ed Bookman       Centauri       Harold Hill

On 5/23/2018 at 8:38 AM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

:doh:

Robert Preston

George

Now I recognize "Toddy" and Centauri.  Was Dr. Finegarten his role in SOB?

Yes, that was him. .  BTW, you reminded me of Preston when you mentioned Robert Prescott on another thread and I got them confused.    "Toddy" was in "Victor VIctoria" (Mrs Wolf might have gotten it from that)  and Centauri was from "the Last Starfighter" (I almost certainly would have gotten it from that.)   Guy's been in a LOT of stuff over the years, hasn't he?

4 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Yes, that was him. .  BTW, you reminded me of Preston when you mentioned Robert Prescott on another thread and I got them confused.    "Toddy" was in "Victor VIctoria" (Mrs Wolf might have gotten it from that)  and Centauri was from "the Last Starfighter" (I almost certainly would have gotten it from that.)   Guy's been in a LOT of stuff over the years, hasn't he?

And, remarkably, most of his roles have TWO names!  Not just "Bill" or "Scooter."

New one shortly.

George

On 5/24/2018 at 11:48 PM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

This actor probably isn't that well-known to the general public, but would be to fans of a certain genre (as we are):

Brunt

Weyoun

Penk

(Commander) Shran

George

I think Weyoun was Jeffrey Coombs, and Mrs Wolf agreed (she wanted to check but obviously I stopped her. Besides, she knew I could have looked it up faster than asking her, so she probably guessed it was for one of these games.)

Correct (except spelling -- last name Combs)

Weyoun (or more correctly, Weyouns, as they were all clones, and Combs played a few of them) was a Vorta on DS9

Brunt was a Ferengi on DS9

Penk was of an unnamed species on Voyager

Shran was an Andorian on Enterprise

Kevin Burkhoff was his character on The 4400.

Combs also voiced Vic Sage (the Question) in Justice League Unlimited.

According to Memory Alpha, Combs is the only actor to portray eight different characters on Star Trek.  (There are four others who have portrayed seven.)

He has also appeared on the Flash, Babylon 5, the Twiglight Zone, and a lot of non-sci-fi TV and movies.

George

Mark Pendel             Arthur Kipps            Ignatius Perrish           Walter Mabry        Nate Foster       David Copperfield

Allen Ginsburg     Yossi Ghinsberg          Sean Haggerty         John Kipling       Dr. Vladmir "Nika" Bomgard      Alan Strang

Mark Pendel             Arthur Kipps            Ignatius Perrish           Walter Mabry        Nate Foster       David Copperfield

Allen Ginsburg     Yossi Ghinsberg          Sean Haggerty         John Kipling       Dr. Vladmir "Nika" Bomgard      Alan Strang

Maps         J. Pierrepont Finch          Billy Claven            Rosencrantz         Sam Houser       "Igor Straussman"  

In case you didn't realize, a character name in quotes means the character was using that as an assumed name, like Kurgan as Victor Krieger in "Highlander." So, not the character's legal name, but a name they assumed (or was given to them.)

Maps         J. Pierrepont Finch          Billy Claven            Rosencrantz         Sam Houser       "Igor Straussman" 

Miles        Manny                Wallace           Harold Jamws Potter             Tim Jenkin     

On 6/9/2018 at 10:21 AM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Thanks to the latest additions, I assume it's the young man who has played Harry Potter in the recent series.  As I have seen none of them, I do not know his name.  Human (or Raf, or any lurker, for that matter) feel free to take it.

George

Yes, and seriously, anyone who wants to can take the next round. FREE POST!   Just read the rules on page 1 and post accordingly.

"Is this actor the guy who played the priest  (Bishop, Pastor,) in There Will Be Blood?"

No. He did, however, wear glasses and a forehead scar for 8 movies.

"I assume it's the young man who has played Harry Potter in the recent series.  As I have seen none of them, I do not know his name."

Yes.

BTW, in "Victor Frankenstein", one character has no name, but is assigned the name of someone who is never around, so he later called "Igor Straussman." That's why it's not the character's actual name, but what he's called.

• 1 month later...