GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't using televison roles that actors were starred in to play this game.  I looked up Chris Lloyd's profile and I found Harold March his character he (it turns out I don't recognize it) played in Stacked which I haven't seen either.  I was keeping the roles strictly to movies.  I will use this strategy next time.

In a lot of cases, TV roles for an actor or actress may be as well-known as movie roles, or more so.

In Lloyd's case, my next round would have been Fester Addams, Emmett Brown, and Jim Ignatowski, the last, of course, from the show Taxi.

He was a regular on Stacked, a short-run show notable primarily for its star, Pamela Anderson.  :spy:

George

Mason Capwell            Garry Buckman             Luke Brower

Tobias Wolff                     Jim Carroll                           Arthur Rimbaud

Arnie Grape              Fee "the Kid" Herod       Brandon Darrow

Amsterdam Vallon     William "Billy" Costigan      Danny Archer

Roger Ferris             Frank Wheeler                    Dominick "Dom" Cobb

I can see a couple here.  One of his first roles, one of my favorite roles he's starred in too.  I like that you have given a wide variety of clues WW.  I tend to recognize them easier.  This one of course shouldn't need that much thought.

I don't recall his oscar winning character's name though, however, I did catch most of it on cable one night.  Not bad, he's got some range and I like it that he hasn't been typecast into anything because he's selective about picking his roles.

Oh, I'd better answer so somebody doesn't' beat me to the punch.  Leonardo D' Caprio.

6 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

I can see a couple here.  One of his first roles, one of my favorite roles he's starred in too.  I like that you have given a wide variety of clues WW.  I tend to recognize them easier.  This one of course shouldn't need that much thought.

I don't recall his oscar winning character's name though, however, I did catch most of it on cable one night.  Not bad, he's got some range and I like it that he hasn't been typecast into anything because he's selective about picking his roles.

Oh, I'd better answer so somebody doesn't' beat me to the punch.  Leonardo D' Caprio.

You are correct.

7 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Mason Capwell            Garry Buckman             Luke Brower

Tobias Wolff                     Jim Carroll                           Arthur Rimbaud

Arnie Grape              Fee "the Kid" Herod       Brandon Darrow

Amsterdam Vallon     William "Billy" Costigan      Danny Archer

Roger Ferris             Frank Wheeler                    Dominick "Dom" Cobb

For the curious,. Mason Capwell was from "Santa Barbara", Gsry Buckman from "Parenthood" and Luke Brower from "Growing Pains", all TV shows.

Tobias Wolff was from "This Boy's Life",   Jim Carroll from "The Basketball Diaries", and Arthur RImbaud from "Total Eclipse." Arnie Grape was Gilbert Grape's brother, Fee "the Kid" Herod was from "the Quick and the Dead," Brandon Darrow was from "Celebrity",  Amsterdam Vallon was from "Gangs of New York," William Costigan was from "The Departed",  Danny Archer was from Blood DIamond",  Roger Ferris was from "Body of Lies",. Frank Wheeler was from "Revolutionary Road  and Dominick Cobb was from "Inception."

Which roles did you recognize, H w/o B?

5 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Which roles did you recognize, H w/o B?

William Costigan is a favorite.  The Departed.  Arnie Grape was What's EGG.  One of his first movies.  I should have recognized Fee "The Kid" Herod but I didn't until now.  I'll come up with something pretty soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2017 at 1:23 AM, Human without the bean said:

Helen Swanson

Sandy

Ronnie Neary

Bobbie Landers

Judge Esther Newberg    Sorry for the wait.

Caroline Butler

Amy

Inga

If anyone wants to know, I haven't been out of town I've been locked out (unclear why) from getting to the site.  Almost two weeks ago, I was redirected to some kind of page that goes down the side line by line, with links to different topics, forums etc.  But nothing I did would allow me to link back here until now.  Raf is aware of it.  What are those types of pages called?   Anyone here familiar with what I'm describing?  I've seen them before but I have no clue why they exist.  Anyway, I'm able to get on the boards again.

6 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

If anyone wants to know, I haven't been out of town I've been locked out (unclear why) from getting to the site.  Almost two weeks ago, I was redirected to some kind of page that goes down the side line by line, with links to different topics, forums etc.  But nothing I did would allow me to link back here until now.  Raf is aware of it.  What are those types of pages called?   Anyone here familiar with what I'm describing?  I've seen them before but I have no clue why they exist.  Anyway, I'm able to get on the boards again.

Interesting.  WW just e-mailed me, mentioning that GS was down for a week.  I observed the same thing as Human, but I was able to click links on the page, and they did open the regular forum pages.

Still don't know the actress.

George

16 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Interesting.  WW just e-mailed me, mentioning that GS was down for a week.  I observed the same thing as Human, but I was able to click links on the page, and they did open the regular forum pages.

Still don't know the actress.

George

Really.  Not to this but that you didn't get the actress from my latest clue.  I was 100% sure that it would give it away.