GreaseSpot Cafe

Super Hero TV

Raf

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/3/2017 at 8:39 AM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Are they still called WB shows, in your neck of the woods?  WB and UPN merged years ago to make CW.

George

It's "Warner" here, but IIRC, the NYC channel wasn't using "CW" when I left, so I thought they were all just sort-of going with a Warner connection, so I guessed it was back to WB. And Supergirl started on Warner here and stayed here. Warner's got BBT, plus all the DC shows. Sony has SHIELD and Legion. Warner will premiere "Riverdale" soon, and nobody's airing "Powerless", I think.  (But we're all caught up on it because we think it's cheese-tastic. I loved the explanation involving "Pedro.")

6 hours ago, Raf said:

On the other hand, Day-O on Legends of Tomorrow was THE low point of the series.

We liked it. Then again, we've been watching "the Calypso Singer"- the cartoon someone made to Stan Freberg's audio skit of the Banana Boat song, for a few months. Every time they let Garber sing, so far it's been something we were recently caught up on.  (We all saw "the Sound of Music" last year.)

Not all gags will appeal to all or even most of the audience. I still think "Darmok and Julad at Tenagra!" was one of the funniest moments of any DC series, but it obviously appealed to a very small audience.    

We're still catching up all around, but we've seen "Duet" in Flash (and the Supergirl episode that led into it), Arrow's "Fight Fire With Fire",  Legends "Moonshot",  So we are approximately up on Supergirl  and Powerless and Big Bang Theory.  The others, it's a horse-race.

7 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Not all gags will appeal to all or even most of the audience. I still think "Darmok and Julad at Tenagra!" was one of the funniest moments of any DC series, but it obviously appealed to a very small audience.    

Personally, I thought it was Wentworth Miller saying "This isn't my first prison break," while plotting to get Dominic Purcell out of a Russian prison in LOT.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure I saw a Justice League poster in Archie's bedroom, on Riverdale. :spy:

George

14 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Well, then I guess I still can't talk about the surprise secret identity...:asdf:

George

Apparently, I don't know who's under the Vigilante gunman's mask, but I know who's under the Prometheus mask.  BTW, the scene before they revealed that, I began to get suspicious because they dropped a clue in the dialogue.

I don't get Netflix, so I don't routinely watch Daredevil, et al.  I DID see the first two episodes of Iron Fist at a friend's house, this past weekend.  Good show!  Much more enjoyable than Legion.  I'm not really familiar with the character, though.  If any of you have seen the show, is it reasonably true to the comic book?

George

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, It's a bit of a let down.  I had heard mention that it was Ronnie Raymond, which would have made Caitlyn's response to seeing him more believable.  (Is it a spoiler to rule out someone who probably wasn't considered by most?)

Where's the Spear of Destiny when you need it? 

George