GreaseSpot Cafe

Ahhh, the memories!

GarthP2000

Sorry, I have no memories of something like that. I left in mid 80's and I was a joyful Noise lover as well as Country Caravan and Good Seed lover. There's no comparison! Of course this is my opinion, and my preference ONLY. Others are definitely free to have their own opinion and preferences as well.

I got out in the mass exodus of 1989, when lcm drew his line in the sand

and demanded an oath of loyalty to himself PERSONALLY and for people

to "FOLLOW HIM BLINDLY".

Most of the people who were still in and had sense left in 1989, or in 1990.

A few years later, lcm did some more purges of the disloyal.

Some time after that came this little monstrosity.

So, I fled long before "bad" got to THIS. We had rock and roll when I

was in. (Which left within a year of me, before or after.)

I've seen that before.It was posted in a forum that knew nothing about TWI. Many thought it was a spoof making fun of religion. Yeah.. it's that bad but undoubtedly is what Rosy thinks is hip. I've got to hand it to her being able to weasel in and take control of TWI. No one would have thought that possible back in the day. And just look at what its become. I wonder how many adherents they really have left? How many at their Sunday services? At what point do they sell off their assets and properties?

sudo

Sorry, I have no memories of something like that. I left in mid 80's and I was a joyful Noise lover as well as Country Caravan and Good Seed lover. There's no comparison! Of course this is my opinion, and my preference ONLY. Others are definitely free to have their own opinion and preferences as well.

No matter what the ones musical taste, the music in the 70's and early 80's was better NOT because of a specific genre, but because there wasn't as much central control over the content and musicians had more opportunity to sing and play from the heart.

My impression of some of the very early material is that the artists may have already created it BEFORE their involvement with The Way and then tailored it to fit the prescribed agenda. I don't know if any of them post here but I extend an invitation to any of the early artists to discuss the matter.

My impression of some of the very early material is that the artists may have already created it BEFORE their involvement with The Way and then tailored it to fit the prescribed agenda. I don't know if any of them post here but I extend an invitation to any of the early artists to discuss the matter.

If by early material you mean '72 and '73, yeah. By '74 though, not so much. There were some pretty corny songs then too, with a good song interspersed here and there.

If by early material you mean '72 and '73, yeah. By '74 though, not so much. There were some pretty corny songs then too, with a good song interspersed here and there.

I mean things like Pressed Down, Good Seed, etc. My personal experience is that I had written a good deal of material before I became involved and then tried to tailor it to make it Way friendly. When I tried to write things that would specifically express the Way agenda, my creativity became stifled. That's just my personal experience, though.