GreaseSpot Cafe

Blurring the Boundaries

skyrider

With stealth and subtle increments, wierwille built his notoriety by blurring the boundaries.

He taught the essence of *private interpretation*......but then, smeared and smudged this truth in practice.

----In teaching after teaching, wierwille eluded to "truths" that he just knew were in the Scriptures.

----In corps teachings, he elaborated on "literal truths according to usage" in brazen hypocrisy.

"Every woman in the kingdom belongs to the king [pfal]"......was a bald-faced lie.

----If that was true, why did God send Nathan to confront David? [iI Sam 12:1]

----And further, then why did David admit his sin against the Lord? [iI Sam 12:13]

----And, this sin had consequences [iI Sam 12:15]

Wierwille taught the class Christian Family and Sex......probably about 95% was on sex.

----Why was wierwille anti-Christian?

----Why was wierwille anti-family?

----Why was wierwille so pro-sex?

And, yes....we know that wierwille plagiarized wholesale on multiple levels.

Knowing he crossed this line, he publically acknowledges a few men who were instrumental in his life.

In the "Founders' Room" in the auditorium, pictures of these men hang on the walls.....

......yet, its still called the Founders' Room. hahahaha

In his books....where are the footnotes and lengthy bibliographies to credit the sources?

At the corps campuses, wierwille would teach for hours on preparedness and strict discipline....

....while he sipped on his Drambuie-coffee (which was refilled several times in late night after-meetings).

Throughout my involvement with twi, lines were always being blurred......and crossed.

In hindsight, one could easily surmise that wierwille, in all his cunning craftiness, was erasing the lines between Christian and conformist....to usurp the youth into pseudo-service of the baser sort.

Deut 27:17 Cursed be he that removeth his neighbour's landmark.

And all the people shall say, Amen.

And didn't VPW teach this as meaning the landmarks (boundaries) in one's mind (Is that from Renewed Mind class, or one of those collaterals?)

He did more to shift people's mental boundaries than a shedload of newspapers, TV shows and the modern media in general. He did this by abuse of trust. He shifted people's mental boundaries for one purpose ... for a "land grab" to steal people's hearts and minds. And to corrupt them. To introduce heretical ideas, and abusive and licentious behavior.

He read it. He taught it. ... He's cursed.

And all the ex Way people said, Amen.

• Upvote 1

You could add the next verse, too:

18 Cursed be he that maketh the blind to wander out of the way. And all the people shall say , Amen.

... because people came to PFAL being spiritually blind, and VPW set himself up as The Teacher, the leader, to remove that blindness, and he and the organization that he founded have certainly caused very many to wander out of the way, the true Way; to wander away from knowing Jesus Christ - the Way, the Truth and the Life.

So - doubly cursed then. It's established.

The thread is: Blurring the Boundaries. So, yes, vpw did that. How has that changed your lives, I for one, have learned from all the crap in twi - it made me smarter. So, in hind sight, I am thankfull for the twi experience - I became a better soldier and leader because of twi (I don't think that was the plan of twi): that experience made me more capable of discerning situations and intentions.

So, am I saying twi is good, well hell no but I bet there are plenty out there who have learned from the "blurring" of truth.

On a side note: you can bash twi and vpw with no problem (there's so much to bash)but how much did we learn (how to avoid "bad" and have our own characters change). Survival is a great teacher but it can go for or against you.

Maybe a new forum would be how twi/vpw changed your lives.

You start out just checking out a twig fellowship to see what it's all about.

"Well, you really need the class to fully understand."

Next thing you know

"Would you mind helping out with refreshments? We just need someone to make the coffee."

Then

"Could you come a little early and help set up chairs?"

Not long after

"We really need someone to help us find a rent free place for the next class."

"Would you mind leading songs at the branch meeting?"

And little by little you find that, while your help was initially praised, now you don't seem to be abe to do anything good enough to please them so you buckle down and try harder

On and on it builds until somehow you find yourself looking in the mirror one day and wondering how in blazes you wound up hundreds of miles from home, living in a commune, doing and saying things you never in your wildest dreams imagined before that fateful night when you first went to casually check out a twig fellowship.

It had to happen in increments because no one would willingly jump from point A to point Z if they knew what path they would be taking to get there.

Edited by waysider

waysider, no pun intended here but do you know the story about the hot water frog. If you throw a frog into hot water, it will jump out (best it can) but if you put it into tempid water and slowly turn up the heat until it comes to a boil, the frog does not get it until it's too late.

waysider, no pun intended here but do you know the story about the hot water frog. If you throw a frog into hot water, it will jump out (best it can) but if you put it into tempid water and slowly turn up the heat until it comes to a boil, the frog does not get it until it's too late.

Yes, though it is scientifically incorrect, it does make for an interesting metaphor.

Not only did The Way turn up the heat slowly, they cautioned us to ignore changes in temperature and remain in the pot.

That lesson takes place in session 7, the one in which Eve starts to question why the water seems to be getting warmer. Don't question it like Eve did. We all know what happened to her.

"So, class, having done all, STAND! Don't you dare even budge."

Edited by waysider

The thread is: Blurring the Boundaries. So, yes, vpw did that. How has that changed your lives, I for one, have learned from all the crap in twi - it made me smarter. So, in hind sight, I am thankfull for the twi experience - I became a better soldier and leader because of twi (I don't think that was the plan of twi): that experience made me more capable of discerning situations and intentions.

So, am I saying twi is good, well hell no but I bet there are plenty out there who have learned from the "blurring" of truth.

On a side note: you can bash twi and vpw with no problem (there's so much to bash)but how much did we learn (how to avoid "bad" and have our own characters change). Survival is a great teacher but it can go for or against you.

Gee, with THAT "logic" I could say....

I am thankful for my abusive Dad, because it taught me what I real Father should and could be like.

Or, I am thankful for wrecking my motorcycle, because it taught me that aches and pains really do hurt.

Or, I'm so glad that I got my a$$ kicked in that bar fight, because it taught me survival methods.

Or, I'm so glad that my Dad named me Sue.

Ironic, ain't it? You walked away from twi/vpw in 1977....and want to credit them?

And, really.....why the past tense [changed] fixation on twi/vpw?

Actually, my life has been changING for a long, long time.

The past 15 years have been quite good, thank you very much.

That sounds like an interesting thread, MRAP. How about you starting it? (You click on a button at the top to start your new thread in all of the forums here.) You will get some passionate responses Go for it!

skyrider posted to MRAP: Ironic, ain't it? You walked away from twi/vpw in 1977....and want to credit them?

And, really.....why the past tense [changed] fixation on twi/vpw?

Actually, my life has been changING for a long, long time. The past 15 years have been quite good, thank you very much.

skyrider, don't get your tiddys in a bundle. I have no intent to credit twi/vpw for anything (unless deserved), the experience changed direction in my life at that time (unintended consiquences). Per Twinky's recommendation, I did start a new thread in the "About The Way" forum. I posed this because on this site we trash twi/vpw alot (and deservingly so) but what did we specifically learn while in twi that has helped us later in life or changed us.