GreaseSpot Cafe

Made Wonderfully?

Psalm 139:13 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. (Psa 139:13 ESV) Psalm 139:14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. (Psa 139:14 ESV)

If we are to believe the Bible, we are made in the image of "god"; then why does god reject what he made?

16 And the Lord spoke unto Moses, saying,

17 “Speak unto Aaron, saying, ‘Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations who hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God.

18 For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous,

19 or a man who is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded,

20 or crookbacked, or a dwarf, or who hath a blemish in his eye, or hath scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken—

21 no man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the Lord made by fire. He hath a blemish: he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God.

22 He shall eat the bread of his God, both of the most holy and of the holy.

23 Only he shall not go in unto the veil nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish, that he profane not My sanctuaries; for I the Lord do sanctify them.’”

24 And Moses told it unto Aaron and to his sons, and unto all the children of Israel.

So if you are "blemished" in any way, you can't come before god in a priestly capacity .

I find this disconcerting as people aren't responsible for most, if not all these imperfections, but god apparently is. Yet he doesn't want what he has made coming before him.

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

In the original text there are 2 more words at the end that have been lost in the translation processes.

It should literally read:

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made....sorta, kinda.

See how easy it is to understand now?

You don't even have to do the Dispensation Tap Dance or Whozit Written To Polka.

Edited by waysider

Tzaia, does this only have to do with the priesthood?

If this is for all of Israel, then is this connected to the red thread - preservation of the nation in order bring forth the messiah? (just a question).

• 1 month later...

Tzaia, does this only have to do with the priesthood?

If this is for all of Israel, then is this connected to the red thread - preservation of the nation in order bring forth the messiah? (just a question).

What difference should it make? Logically, wouldn't anything that this alleged god made be fit for being a priest of said god?