GreaseSpot Cafe

The corps "milk truck" ran over twi's "cash cow"

skyrider

It seems to me......The corps "milk truck" ran over twi's "cash cow."

In 1967, Wierwille taught and filmed a foundational class that had a certain appeal to those searching

for biblical truths at a time of national conscience. The Jesus Movement and commune culture, drugs

and sex and Haight-Ashbury, peace not war, my sweet lord song.....and cha-ching, a bible class in

your town or community.

The film class NEEDED instructors.....not just a j0hnnie t0wnsend here or there, but EVERYWHERE.

Wierwille had spent 14 years [1953-1967] teaching this material.....and still, there was hardly

a 70 faithful followers in the whole bunch. And besides....wierwille had put in his dues and

aspired to two things: 1) sunday teachings and 2) biblical "research."

Through the years, wierwille had assigned people to outreach areas that fizzled shortly after he left

town. Even with all vpw's boasting of his India itinerary, Dr. Williams had NO intention of stedfastly

following wierwille's brand of pseudo-christianity. The branch work in Troy came screeching to a halt

over wierwille's decision to locate from Van Wert to the wierwille farm near New Knoxville.

Seemingly, twi "needed" a training program that would thrust youthful volunteers into a regimented,

discipline, never-quit, program.....with the dedication of marines in battle. Despite the facts:

1) Spiritual training does not equate to military conflict

2) The command center and structure was deeply flawed

3) Twi's service "enlistment" was FOR LIFE.....without pay

4) No provisions, no merit system, no pension, no retirement

5) Ruled with heavy hand of fear, guilt, shaming and condemnation

6) Any one who dissents received character assassination and public ridicule

7) Other than that......what could go wrong?

And, here's the irony........it had all the makings of a dysfunctional farm.

Did ole wierwille see his corps program as the delivery service for his paying customers....

those taking classes, buying books and bi-monthly magazine, and throwing their weekly tithe

into twi's coffers by simply coercing a volunteer force to go forth and serve with a smile,

add promptness, efficiency, scheduling, doorstep delivery, etc.? How many years would someone

WILLINGLY drive the milk truck?

For like 14 years [1971-1985]....wierwille NEVER altered his position, his stance.

Yet, for 14 years [1953-1967]....wierwille NEVER could sustain a faithful result.

The corps were NOT going to do this volunteer two-step dance a lifetime. Get real.

Obviously......wierwille NEVER did.

"The old model was WIERWILLE'S model."........Click Here

For like 14 years [1971-1985]....wierwille NEVER altered his position, his stance.

Yet, for 14 years [1953-1967]....wierwille NEVER could sustain a faithful result.

Drive that milk truck......or else you'll be slandered as a cop-out.

Then......corps grads hit the field with the same delivery system that wierwille demanded.

And, it didn't work. Most people, when not isolated and constrained by peer pressure and

cultish indoctrination, have plenty of leverage to process critical thinking and decide

what is in THEIR best interest.

Year after year of bad performance, the milk truck [corps program] ran over twi's COW

[class, roa, structure]......and took a major public relations hit. MILK TRUCK DRIVER

HITS COW......and the farm was never the same again.

It seems to me......The corps "milk truck" ran over twi's "cash cow."

In 1967, Wierwille taught and filmed a foundational class that had a certain appeal to those searching

for biblical truths at a time of national conscience. The Jesus Movement and commune culture, drugs

and sex and Haight-Ashbury, peace not war,

.....and cha-ching, a bible class in

your town or community.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/srLcDhmHn5s?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This video, according to YouTube is from a 1971 concert. I wonder how much influence Harrison's song had in seeding the Jesus Movement.

Edited by Rocky

Ironically, it was the focal point of a much talked about plagiarism lawsuit.

Isn't George Harrison singing about Hare Krishna in "My Sweet Lord?"

"Harrison wrote "My Sweet Lord" in praise of the Hindu god Krishna,[1] while at the same time intending the lyrics to serve as a call to abandon religious sectarianism through his deliberate blending of the Hebrew word hallelujah with chants of "Hare Krishna" and Vedic prayer.[2]"

SOURCE

...his deliberate blending of the Hebrew word hallelujah with chants of "Hare Krishna" and Vedic prayer.[2]"

Yeah....now that I think about that song a little more, I remember that.

Hallelujah and Hare Krishna.....alternating back-n-forth.

But really.....as a 16 year old, with motorcycle and sports and hunting

.....I hardly gave a second thought about that song's deeper meaning.