GreaseSpot Cafe

The wheat and tares grow together

skyrider

Yesterday, my brother finished his wheat planting.....and all the decisions encompassing that can drive

a farmer to exhaustion. At present, there are 14 different winter wheat varieties that agripro-experts

are recommending for central plains, usa. Among the many decisions that each farmer needs to consider

is 1)maturity date, 2)maximum yield, 3)disease and drought tolerance, 4)straw strength, 5) consistency

yield in hardship weather, etc. Every decision made is to give the planted wheat maximum advantage and

eliminate potential for any tares [weeds] to gain root and grow.

Prior to the actual planting......any responsible farmer knows that the preparation and condition

of the soil, to receive the seed wheat, is of utmost importance.

Thus......when reading on the current thread about ordinations and DWBH's postings recalling twi's history

of these ordinations and how wierwille "...sowed the tares of his personal and doctrinal perversions"

into twi and they grew and remain to this day. Scroll to #17

...the large influx of young, idealistic, "believers" in 1969, and throughout the decade of the '70's is what i was a part of......it was'nt vic, or any of the "old timers" in ohio who witnessed to me........it was my hippie, musician friends whose genuine enthusiasm for "things spiritual", and whose marked "transformation through christ", caught my attention..........and, the many "miracles, signs and wonders" which, i believe, god wrought among us back in those days had nothing to do with vic's personal presence or involvement in our lives, but, quite the contrary, it had to do with our childlike, enthusiastic, and genuinely exuberant acceptance of christ as our risen saviour, and our innocent "believing action" upon the parts of the bible we were learning and accepting as "truth".........the fellowships we were a part of, and bringing our friends and families to were really a lot of fun!......and, the fruit of the spirit as listed in galatians 5:22,23 were evident in abundance, and were accomplishing their results in an atmosphere free from the control of vic and the growing cult machinery of hq in new knoxville!.........as a matter of fact, it was the ever increasing personal control exerted by vic with his increasing personal involvement in our lives and fellowships, which, imo, eventually stifled and strangled the genuine "revivals" god was energizing among the early twi fellowships.......this was the fruit of vic's "ministry" being brought to bear upon the ministry of jesus christ.........vic's profound corruption was becoming institutionalized among the innocent, geniune christian fellowships god and christ were "planting" around the USA, not just in twi, but in a broader "spiritual movement" that was far bigger than anything vic demanded credit for!!......imho, vic's "ministry" sowed the "tares" of his personal and doctrinal perversions among the "good seed" god and christ were sowing without any need of help from the "ministry" of "the teacher"!

the more involved believers became with vic's programs (wow, way corps, "college" division, word in business, culture, etc., etc., etc.) and classes, the more the "tares" of his corruption took root and choked the innocence and purity of holy spirit and its fruit out of the lives and fellowships of the "good seed"............and, for those of us fortunate enough to have "tasted" and experienced genuine christian revival, and who earnestly desired to see it continue and spread throughout "the world", unfettered by "man-made religion",..........the "vehicle" we thought god provided in twi, was hijacked by the "vehicle" vic provided in its stead, also called twi, but not "fueled" by god, but rather by the growing control and dominance of vic's personal perversions and corruption, eventually yielding its own "fruit" in the monster of hypocrisy, deceit, and abject immorality which the entire organization of twi grew into and remains to this day........a monument to the legacy of the "ministry" of "the teacher"........not the legacy of the ministry of jesus christ to the world..........fortunately, the two are NOT the same!

Yep, wheat and tares growing side-by-side [even in the SAME "ministry"].....until The Harvesting of the wheat.

The tares are bundled and burned [Matt. 13:30].

I grew up on a farm down in Indiana: the proverbial farm with the "little" red barn - just like the song - think of Bugs Bunny with the hoe over his shoulder.

When a combine harvests the wheat, it has an upper grate that removes the husk and shaft (chaff) and a lower grate that holds the wheat but allows the small tare/weed seeds to fall out: the chaff and the tare seeds are spewed out and the good wheat grain is moved to the hopper. Skyrider and Mr.Lortz, it's a fantastic analogy/parable - thanks.

I do believe that there are some combines that have a special bag in the back that collects the tare seeds so they don't "re-seed" in the field but are "disposed of" = draw your own analogies/parables from that.

Unlearned Question: Aren't the angels supposed to be the harvesters? Oops, that's a question for the doctrinal forum.

Visions of angels with John Deere and IH/Case hats.

That's a good way to bring the biblical imagery up to date, MRAP! I didn't know mechanical reapers could do that!

Love,

Steve

Steve......here's a quick look to get you updated.

After a minute or so, fast forward to around the 8 minute mark and watch the chaff scattered out the back end.

Impressive, ain't it? The new John Deere combines are around $400,000-425,000.

The modern combine is a massive eating, sensing, separating, storing, thrashing, flashing, blowing, going

piece of agricultural machinery.

At the 10 minute mark, the tractor pulling the grain cart pulls up alongside the combine

so that the grain in the combine's bin can be augured/unloaded on the go.

To a farmer, with tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars at stake and weather conditions

unpredictable, EVERY SECOND COUNTS. Thus, unloading on-the-go is efficiency at its best!

When I was 11 years old, driving an old Massey-Ferguson combine, it always made me nervous

to unload while driving. It was just another thing that I needed to do where I might

screw up. One time, I didn't shut off the auger and dumped like 10 bushel on the ground.

Oops.

Edited by skyrider

• 3 weeks later...

skyrider, if we want to talk about AG screw ups, we could go on forever - the one's we got our asses kicked over are the ones that stick. I know, wrong forum but you know, Jesus used a alot of AG parables. Somehow, being close to the earth better allows you to understand the things of God - just saying.

Oh, by the way skyrider: unloading the hopper on the move, yeh, like who was the responsible one to keep the chute in the wagon (THE GUY ON THE TRACTOR DRAGGING THE WAGON), but yes, you are not alone, I dumped alot of seed on the field - stupid auger lever.