GreaseSpot Cafe

Why isn't TWI as big as it was in the 1970s?

Bolshevik

I think you kinda missed the point Twinky...even the nurses considered her overboard in worry and fear ! This, from leadership teaching people to have no fear ?! As you know, we brought up 6 kids just believing God through all the sniffles and sneezes and grazed knees (ys )..hey , potential lyrics there lol

Yes, Allan, I got the point.  I'm also mindful that F's mother isn't close by to refer to. 

How much is too much, when it comes to doctor's visits?  It does sound strange, though.  Wonder how well known that was, among the local fellowships? 

How ridiculous, Mrs A has a wealth of knowledge.  And that's appropriate to share.  It's part of the Body of Christ working together, every part contributing what it can.  Mrs A, having raised all your kids, could contribute a lot in the realm of childcare, and what was an appropriate cause for concern and what was "normal" for a kid growing and developing.  There were so few people with kids at that time, most were singles.  I'm sure that later, F was able to advise and guide some of the others who later had kids, and that's nothing specially "spiritual."

In fact, that's a significant reason why TWI failed. Didn't meet people's needs, kept them in enforced infancy and dependence, didn't allow natural growth in personality and development in changed circumstances, etc etc.  God gave us common sense for a reason and TWI was out to destroy that as "senses knowledge" and replace it by its own "mystery religion."

So thankful we're all out.

((Hugs)) to ((Mrs A)).

• Upvote 2

On 6/15/2017 at 3:58 AM, Twinky said:

How ridiculous, Mrs A has a wealth of knowledge.  And that's appropriate to share.  It's part of the Body of Christ working together, every part contributing what it can.  Mrs A, having raised all your kids, could contribute a lot in the realm of childcare, and what was an appropriate cause for concern and what was "normal" for a kid growing and developing.  There were so few people with kids at that time, most were singles.  I'm sure that later, F was able to advise and guide some of the others who later had kids, and that's nothing specially "spiritual."

In fact, that's a significant reason why TWI failed. Didn't meet people's needs, kept them in enforced infancy and dependence, didn't allow natural growth in personality and development in changed circumstances, etc etc.  God gave us common sense for a reason and TWI was out to destroy that as "senses knowledge" and replace it by its own "mystery religion."

So thankful we're all out.

((Hugs)) to ((Mrs A)).

Twinky, I too am thankful when people leave TWI.  Ten years was enough for me.