GreaseSpot Cafe

Why isn't TWI as big as it was in the 1970s?

Bolshevik

God Bless You in the most powerful name that is above all names since before the foundations of the world in God Almighty's foreknowledge, Jesus Christ. And also Christ Jesus, just to cover all basis.

I know attrition in TWI has concerned some folks. But that is the wrong attitude, renew your mind. TWI is about quality, not quantity. Those who left were never that serious about God's Word. Those who stayed are more devout, so you are in good company, believer, forget the dead weights.

The lesson learned from the 1970s and 80s was that TWI grew too big too manage. The large quantity of lower quality humans distracted from TWI's goal of The Word, The Word, Nothing But The Word.

So witnessing techniques have had to change as well, we're always learning as a Ministry. We can't simply accept anyone. We have standards now.

Witnessing must focus on "upper middle class", as a preference. These folks we know have money. Money is a sign of devotion. Devotion to God's Word. We're here to help THEM. I'm sure you understand.

We'd witness to the very rich of course, but they have too much money, so their minds are corrupt. Everything in moderation folks. Also, they have guard dogs. Also, they can afford lawyers, the kind that are off The Word.

So, go be a witness. And get a change of clothes. You need to look a little more . . . upper . . . middlish . . class. Bless.

Didn't you pay attention at twig the other night? It's all about our lack of believing. It's our fault. We need to start speaking in tongues more. Taking a dump? No excuse. You can SIT while you s*it. And don't forget Ephesians. Reading that sucker 10 times a day is simply not enough. Strive for 25 or 30. I know you can do it. I'm believing for you.

Edited by waysider

Bolshevik,

Your post is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but it's actually pretty close to the truth. I remember at my last ROA (maybe THE last ROA?), my branch leader (Corps) told me that we wouldn't be witnessing to "nerds" (his word) any more. It's not that we would turn away the less fortunate, we just wouldn't go after them, focusing, rather, on middle- to upper-middle-class folks. If I hadn't thought that TWI was all about $$$ before, I sure did, then.

George

Bolshevik,

Your post is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but it's actually pretty close to the truth. I remember at my last ROA (maybe THE last ROA?), my branch leader (Corps) told me that we wouldn't be witnessing to "nerds" (his word) any more. It's not that we would turn away the less fortunate, we just wouldn't go after them, focusing, rather, on middle- to upper-middle-class folks. If I hadn't thought that TWI was all about $$$ before, I sure did, then.

George

I'd heard that (what I posted, except maybe about the dogs) a number of times between 2000-2007. A culture of blame, prejudice, bigotry, greed, more blame, admitting awareness of possible consequences for practices, and more blame. And on top of that, blame. I probably missed some things, but that is clearly someone else's fault.

I let a Kirby salesman in. I was curious. I let him go through his routine . . . but denied allowing him to do everything he thought he should . . . just because. He essentially accused me of hating my carpet, and all the world's troubles. But he had a deal for me, if I wasn't too cruel to him.

His manager came by to add sales pressure. When the sale didn't happen . . . the manager blamed the salesman. (He didn't do 100% of the routine, because I wouldn't allow it, but that was HIS fault according to management). The company design of the sale always blamed the next guy down for any failure. Responsibility went down, not up. There was a call to a higher manager, and it was similar.

Just like in TWI, blame always went downhill.

MLM?

God Bless You in the most powerful name that is above all names since before the foundations of the world in God Almighty's foreknowledge, Jesus Christ. And also Christ Jesus, just to cover all basis.

I know attrition in TWI has concerned some folks. But that is the wrong attitude, renew your mind. TWI is about quality, not quantity. Those who left were never that serious about God's Word. Those who stayed are more devout, so you are in good company, believer, forget the dead weights.

The lesson learned from the 1970s and 80s was that TWI grew too big too manage. The large quantity of lower quality humans distracted from TWI's goal of The Word, The Word, Nothing But The Word.

So witnessing techniques have had to change as well, we're always learning as a Ministry. We can't simply accept anyone. We have standards now.

Witnessing must focus on "upper middle class", as a preference. These folks we know have money. Money is a sign of devotion. Devotion to God's Word. We're here to help THEM. I'm sure you understand.

We'd witness to the very rich of course, but they have too much money, so their minds are corrupt. Everything in moderation folks. Also, they have guard dogs. Also, they can afford lawyers, the kind that are off The Word.

So, go be a witness. And get a change of clothes. You need to look a little more . . . upper . . . middlish . . class. Bless.

Clever. Don't forget that The Forehead's undergraduate degree was in psychology.

Clever. Don't forget that The Forehead's undergraduate degree was in psychology.

You might as well forget it-

his Bachelor's in Psychology wasn't worth the paper it was printed on.

After getting his degree,

he saw someone have some sort of psychiatric episode,

and the best description he could give was they "went gooney-bird."

He also had no suggestions for what to do for the person other than

pretend they need no assistance, which is what vpw did, while sending

them home on a Greyhound bus. A WEEK LATER, they turned up home.

(God only knows what happened during that week. The person was in need

of a medical diagnosis and some treatment before attempting any trip,

let alone a trip ALONE.) I'm impressed they turned up ALIVE at home.

You might as well forget it-

his Bachelor's in Psychology wasn't worth the paper it was printed on.

After getting his degree,

he saw someone have some sort of psychiatric episode,

and the best description he could give was they "went gooney-bird."

He also had no suggestions for what to do for the person other than

pretend they need no assistance, which is what vpw did, while sending

them home on a Greyhound bus. A WEEK LATER, they turned up home.

(God only knows what happened during that week. The person was in need

of a medical diagnosis and some treatment before attempting any trip,

let alone a trip ALONE.) I'm impressed they turned up ALIVE at home.

Yeah, I get your point. Certainly to be a helping professional would have taken an advanced degree. But the a BS in psych, he would know enough to design cultic group directions and norms and mores. And we know how those all turned out.

I haven't known anyone to do a lot with a BS in Pysch, other than go to grad school.

Although Foxy Q-Tip didn't bellow like The Forehead, she was similar. Tapes of VPW revealed he was a jerk, and he started the system, so I hear. Usually here we point at VPW as the source of all evil.

Leadership aside, any "rank-and-file nobody" could learn the language. And use it to their gain. And they did, when leadership was absent.

"Leadership aside, any "rank-and-file nobody" could learn the language. And use it to their gain. And they did, when leadership was absent."

I'm sure if anyone ever did this we would be able to detect them immediately with our supernatural powers of discernment.

"Leadership aside, any "rank-and-file nobody" could learn the language. And use it to their gain. And they did, when leadership was absent."

I'm sure if anyone ever did this we would be able to detect them immediately with our supernatural powers of discernment.

I don't know if it's supernatural, maybe something akin to this?

Nah. I was thinking more along the lines of being able to "see" black hearts and white hearts.

I don't understand. . .

Folks would come along and say they could "see" devil spirits. If they used way-language, everyone listened.

If you're a child, you knew what to say to wayfers, you learned the language to save your backside.

I don't understand. . .

Folks would come along and say they could "see" devil spirits. If they used way-language, everyone listened.

If you're a child, you knew what to say to wayfers, you learned the language to save your backside.

I don't know when you were "in." When VP taught the Advanced Class, he gave an example of revelation, whereby God would show a big, white heart if the person he was approaching was a Christian, and a black heart if the person wasn't. This, of course, was how God showed HIM, at THAT PARTICULAR TIME -- not to be extrapolated to every believer. I believe that THAT was what Waysider was alluding to.

George

When VP taught the Advanced Class, he gave an example of revelation, whereby God would show a big, white heart if the person he was approaching was a Christian, and a black heart if the person wasn't. This, of course, was how God showed HIM, at THAT PARTICULAR TIME -- not to be extrapolated to every believer. I believe that THAT was what Waysider was alluding to.

George

Just to clarify....

The white heart/black heart example was what wierwille CLAIMED

he was shown. Knowing all that I now know.....I seriously doubt

that this ever happened.

How convenient that every claim was so vague and generic

that none of wierwille's "receiving revelation" could be

substantiated and/or proclaim deliverance.

Teachings and material were plagiarized.

Wierwille's pfal class was immortalized.

The cult idolatry was glamorized.

The corps program was brutalized.

And, corps women were predatorized.

[Yeah, "predatorized" is not a real word...lol]

• Upvote 1

I had not heard the black heart white story. (VPW died when I was little). Thanks for the clarification.

I also, wasn't alluding to revelation. But a frame of mind, or an altered perception, a person just . . . does, a mental "on switch", to speak like a leader in twi. (doesn't work very well when used outside twi)

OK, I was being facetious. As George pointed out, Wierwille taught the white heart/black heart thing in the Advanced Class. We, in like fashion, were supposed to, by virtue of the revelation manifestations, be able to tell if someone was what is now referred to as a "poser".

So, we have these people come into the fold with ulterior motives, be it sales promotion, business scam, sexual conquest or whatever and they were able to fool us because they learned how to use Way lingo in a conversationally believable way. The only "revelation" we got that they were not as they appeared to be was from our BS meters, our common sense and previous experience. But, (and it's that notoriously big but) we were also taught to ignore these thoughts as they were indicators of negative believing and unrenewed mind.

So why isn't The Way as big as it was in the 1970's? For one thing, most of us were still children in regards to our mental growth when we became involved. We have since matured in our mental abilities. In addition, something, something, something the internet.

Capisce?

Edited by waysider

That's fine waysider.

The followers we typically deal with today, are in their 50s, 60s and 70s.

They respond positively to abusive language. But not just any abusive language. Abusive words about themselves, fine. About TWI and VPW, . . . those are fighting words.

They seem to have a need for it too. Being to too nice of course, is not God's Will.

. . . In addition, something, something, something the internet.

. . .

The internet had nothing to do with TWIs fall. Waydale/GSC are just part story. What metric is there to show those websites didn't cause as much damage to people's lives the Way Corps? We grew up with the internet. It brought its own evil.

LCM didn't speak the language well enough. How do you reach a wayfer?

... As George pointed out, Wierwille taught the white heart/black heart thing in the Advanced Class. We, in like fashion, were supposed to, by virtue of the revelation manifestations, be able to tell if someone was what is now referred to as a "poser".

Didn't work though, did it? Else VPW himself would have been ratted out a loooooonnnnnnnggggggg time ago.

The internet had nothing to do with TWIs fall.

I never said it did. The question is "Why isn't TWI as big as it was in the 1970's?" I contend that the internet plays a part in the answer. People hear of The Way, search the internet for information and come away with a much more enlightened perspective than we old timers had.

Edited by waysider

I never said it did. The question is "Why isn't TWI as big as it was in the 1970's?" I contend that the internet plays a part in the answer. People hear of The Way, search the internet for information and come away with a much more enlightened perspective than we old timers had.

One way to stop a big fire is to isolate it, and deny it fuel,

and it will burn itself out.

Now, when young people hear of twi, they can look it up online and learn all about it.

If they visit, they find this is a tired, expired group composed of old folks.

Those 2 are generally enough to chase away the youngsters.

Older folk aren't joiners, and even if they were, twi DOESN'T WANT older folks to

join because they're not considered efficient assets. So, what's the point?

=====================

Furthermore,

twi grew because vpw fooled a handful of dedicated, genuine Christians

(from the House of Acts) to join his group and become its recruitment arm.

(He never told them that's why he ever approached them, but his long-term

strategy with them was VERY successful.)

The world lacks the zeitgeist that vpw exploited, and they don't have the people

to exploit the current Christians. So, twi's circling the drain,

a ministry dying from the roots upwards.

I never said it did.

Perhaps not, but on other threads, I did. And I stand by that claim. WordWolf explains some of why that is actually the case.

One way to stop a big fire is to isolate it, and deny it fuel,

and it will burn itself out.

Now, when young people hear of twi, they can look it up online and learn all about it.

If they visit, they find this is a tired, expired group composed of old folks.

Those 2 are generally enough to chase away the youngsters.

Perhaps not, but on other threads, I did. And I stand by that claim. WordWolf explains some of why that is actually the case.

Twit will never regain anywhere near it's late 70's-80's status. Never. Yes, the Internet has made the single biggest difference in exposing and limiting twit all over the world. GSC, IMO, is the single biggest reason for the near total dissolution of twit. Congratulations to you all!

There is way too much info that is 100% verifiable, documentable, and legally damaging to twit available in all media. There is so much info just here at GSC, that any rational human being who reads the threads here can decide quickly and confidently that twit is a stereotypical, fundamentalist bible cult with the credibility of Josef Goebbels. Same belief system too.

The public record of twit is so grossly stained by the most selacious and lowlife trailer-trash facts that thinking people would just run from any involvement with it. You look at their website, videos, publications, way productions, etc., and it looks like something produced by the terminally ill producers of the last Lawrence Welk shows, and performed by The Borg. Gomer Pyle, USMC is the closest to twit media that comes to mind. Rosie's tastes are somewhat dimwitted and have been since high country caravan. She's still stuck in vp and she can't get out.

Twit will continue to contract until it's dead. No one to keep it going. Much ado about nothing. An insignificant grain of sand on the forsaken beaches of human failure. They'll die out soon. There will be a few silver spoon in the mouth keedz who will valiantly try to resurrect the twit death machine. There will be a tiny flicker and then poof! Gone forever to decompose on the trash heap of human depravity. What a legacy dictor paul. Congratulations!

• Upvote 1