GreaseSpot Cafe

Why isn't TWI as big as it was in the 1970s?

Bolshevik

One way to stop a big fire is to isolate it, and deny it fuel,

and it will burn itself out.

Now, when young people hear of twi, they can look it up online and learn all about it.

If they visit, they find this is a tired, expired group composed of old folks.

Those 2 are generally enough to chase away the youngsters.

. . .

Yes, it isolates young people in TWI. That is one effect of the internet.

Children are born to twi, and because of the internet, "worldy people" can know to avoid these children, those evil evil children, extending their time in twi? For that I hate "the internet", Waydale in particular, a site I never visited. Why not go after leadership instead?

There is no fire, that's imagination, at best. The internet was never an extinguisher. LCM did the extinguishing.

. . .

Twit will continue to contract until it's dead. No one to keep it going. Much ado about nothing. An insignificant grain of sand on the forsaken beaches of human failure. They'll die out soon. There will be a few silver spoon in the mouth keedz who will valiantly try to resurrect the twit death machine. There will be a tiny flicker and then poof! Gone forever to decompose on the trash heap of human depravity. What a legacy dictor paul. Congratulations!

TWI was a product of the times. A product of The United States of America.

Yes, TWI will die. Not soon. Cult is family.

Would it not be a blessing if TWI provided a genuine demonstration of the word of God rather than enhancing personal greed within the folks of TWI's ranks. If that would ever become reality, I would join once again with TWI but alas,I am not holding my breath.

As I see it, TWI is bringing Christian fellowship to folks and I applaud TWI for that but will TWI continue to prostitute these folks for their loyalty/commitment to TWI?

Is there ever going to be a movement that brings folks to the word and then does not attempt to take advantage of them = please, if you out there know of such an organization, I would like to know.

Thus, little local Bible study/support groups would seem to be the best option and not the: "Word over the World" type of movement.

Just me and just saying.

Merry Christmas and yes, I know it ain't September.

Would it not be a blessing if TWI provided a genuine demonstration of the word of God rather than enhancing personal greed within the folks of TWI's ranks. If that would ever become reality, I would join once again with TWI but alas,I am not holding my breath.

As I see it, TWI is bringing Christian fellowship to folks and I applaud TWI for that but will TWI continue to prostitute these folks for their loyalty/commitment to TWI?

Is there ever going to be a movement that brings folks to the word and then does not attempt to take advantage of them = please, if you out there know of such an organization, I would like to know.

Thus, little local Bible study/support groups would seem to be the best option and not the: "Word over the World" type of movement.

Just me and just saying.

Merry Christmas and yes, I know it ain't September.

Dude, it WAS and is all an illusion. :)

Merry-Christmas-Wallpaper-16.jpg

I never said it did. The question is "Why isn't TWI as big as it was in the 1970's?" I contend that the internet plays a part in the answer. People hear of The Way, search the internet for information and come away with a much more enlightened perspective than we old timers had.

The question is how to communicate "with the dead". But some turns have been taken . . . that never happens here.

The internet cut off the "escape route" for some of us, by killing new relationships outside of TWI. (Make a new friend . . they read God-knows-what on waydale, they're gone). That is not enlightenment. That is prison. Waydale was a greater enemy than VPW/LCM et al.

So, how to speak to walking dead?

As I observe just how crazy this world has become and is becoming, I conclude that if not for twi, this world would have become that crazy during the 70s. Remember Jesus said if ye have faith as a mustard seed....a mustard seed is the least of all seeds but when it is planted it grows greater than all herbs. TWI was like that. We didn't have the numbers or the educational degrees, but we had the impact. The people in the 70s and 80s who felt that twi threatened their way of life were more venomous toward us than the people who didn't like hippies. WAY more venomous.

This world is just plain crazy now. And what a coincidence that everything being emphasized in the world is EXACTLY what twi stood against.

As I observe just how crazy this world has become and is becoming, I conclude that if not for twi, this world would have become that crazy during the 70s. Remember Jesus said if ye have faith as a mustard seed....a mustard seed is the least of all seeds but when it is planted it grows greater than all herbs. TWI was like that. We didn't have the numbers or the educational degrees, but we had the impact. The people in the 70s and 80s who felt that twi threatened their way of life were more venomous toward us than the people who didn't like hippies. WAY more venomous.

This world is just plain crazy now. And what a coincidence that everything being emphasized in the world is EXACTLY what twi stood against.

Yeah......like how wierwille stood against (cough, cough) adultery, fornication,

wanton lust, mog-idolatry, ambition to equal or surpass, strife, etc. etc. :asdf:

Gal 5:19

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Gal 5:20

Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Gal 5:21

Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before,

as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

• Upvote 1

The Way had virtually no impact on the overall course of the world. The only impact it exacted was on individual lives. And, that impact was, for the most part, disruptive and detrimental. To think that what we did somehow altered the course of world events, in even the tiniest way, is pure delusion. It's like

dreaming of his non-existent impact on the history of football.

The Way had virtually no impact on the overall course of the world. The only impact it exacted was on individual lives. And, that impact was, for the most part, disruptive and detrimental. To think that what we did somehow altered the course of world events, in even the tiniest way, is pure delusion. It's like

dreaming of his non-existent impact on the history of football.

I've been working on a question that goes in the other direction. There seemed to be a lot of groups similar in nature to The Way, from the same time period. I wasn't there . . . but it appears "the world" caused the cults (the kind we here have in common).

". but it appears "the world" caused the cults (the kind we here have in common)."

I can get with that thought. It was a very trying time in history. Young people were desperately looking for answers to life's puzzles and felt a real compulsion to be a part of something that could change things for the better. (*better* as we perceived it) I don't think it was too much different than what leads young people to associate themselves with radical extremist groups today.

The things that never happened are some of the biggest victories. What could have been is something I take a lot of pride in. (Not that everyone fully appreciates that, but I persist in telling the story of what wasn't.)

Yes it is.

I had intention with this thread.

Followers of The Way are often stuck in a time warp. I think someone mentioned that may have began very early on.

It's like VPW just grabbed people where they were . . . and just held them. After his death . . . nobody did that right. (Although many theories about his death and leadership fallout are probably good ones.)

How early on was this seen? Today we compare TWI with decades ago. But maybe this outdated look could be seen as early as the 70s? Anyone know?

quote: Please produce specific examples of how and where The Way Int. had a major impact on the course of world history.

I did. You just don't get it. You still refuse to admit that you no longer believe in God or the devil.

Where are these examples I'm just not "getting"?

My personal beliefs have no bearing on your lack of ability to produce specific examples.

I think the question is valid: Why twi is not as big in the today as it was in the 70's. I think the answer is obvious - we are all smarter (us old folk) and the younger folk don't have the search for truth motivation.

Many of us left so thus, our kids were not forced to join to twi. Logically, with the advent of mass info available, people realize the problems with twi.

There are still folks out there seeking spiritual enlightenment that includes Christianity but they are more discerning.

Now that's just me saying it so that's my answer to the posted question.

I also wonder how I would respond today as opposed to back in 1971 to the sales pitch of twi.