GreaseSpot Cafe

The Advanced Class

waysider

So, who were these key people? What were the circumstances and consequences of their deaths?

Given that it was only (more or less... and evidently, much less than previously thought) rumored, there's nothing to indicate that it was anything more than that.

I tend to agree with your last sentence, TLC. vic was fully into JBS by 1968. I was in-Rez from 73-76, and then was at all those other stupid meetings aforementioned. I never heard anything like what you reported during any of that time. !976 was when all the millions in Gold and Silver were distributed among the most "trustworthy" corpse grads on the field. There were only 4 corpses graduated by August 1976. I alone was given 2 pneumatic tubes filled with 200 SA Gold Krugerands each. Gold was selling at $800+ an ounce back then. Each Krugerand is one Ounce of pure gold. 400 X 800= $320,000.Plus 2 Army Ammo boxes each filled with $6000 US coin junk silver. So, my part of Jacob's Storehouse as it was called, was $342,000 of gold and silver. There was also an equal amount given to Ken Brown to store at the MI limb. So, when i became the limb and region guy i lived at the MI limb in Greenville, MI. so now my "portion" was at $684,000 worth of gold Krugerands and US silver coins. I lived in Detroit and was MI state WOW coordinator. By the end of the twit year 1977-78, all that gold and silver was transferred back to HQ. What was out there was personally collected by Howard and placed in a recessed cargo bay on vic's coach at each of the 7 regions Weekend In The Word. For the midwest region, OH, MI, IN, IL, WI, and MO, ours were collected at 6AM, Monday morning in front of the Conrad Hilton Hotel in downtown Chicago where we held our weekend in the word.Which means, 1.8 million dollars of gold and silver were handed over to howard and put on the coach in the center of downtown Chicago! Never heard about all that precious metal again. Gold eventually climbed to $1700 an ounce, and silver went up to $52 an ounce. In case you were wondering where Rosie's little nest egg came from.

So, piecing our timelines together, I tend to think that what you heard was scuttlebutt from corpse kids or staff who wanted to be "in-the-know'. Personally, I think the whole malpack and meeting that never was fiasco, was designed to hide the money from the IRS, which was auditing twit because of the Gahagan disaster in ME, store it in secret stashes all around the country until the heat was off, and bring it all back to HQ to launder it through "legitimate" investments. That's what they're living off today. That's where most of Rosie's $64 million dollar stash came from. Now you know where your money went. Thanks for your responses TLC. What are your thoughts on it all?

• Upvote 1

Chronologically, this ties in pretty much with the mimeo plate destruction incident I posted about. I wouldn't be surprised to find the two incidents are connected. I'm not sure just how, but it would be a strange coincidence if not.

Thanks for your responses TLC. What are your thoughts on it all?

The short version of it is that I think your recount of the situation, the loss of 501©3, and (coverup) reason for the meeting that never was appears to be correct. (I guess H.E.'s two sets of books (and I'm not referring to double entry accounting) might have been put to a real use after all, eh?) However, rest assured that what I mentioned wasn't mere scuttlebutt from corpse kids - none of which existed at the time (excepting LMcD's), unless you're labeling all "lessor informed" corps as such - or staff who wanted to be "in-the-know." I'm inclined to think that in all likelyhood, it originated with and was perpetrated by one or more of the trustees. (As mentioned previously, it may have been overheard in the EOB building.) I could be wrong, but for some reason I though most of the Krugerands were sold a few years afterward (though, believe it or not, some of us still own them...)

As for the "marked for encampment" comment, the thought seems to be less clear, but it was possibly before your entry to 4th wc, in some small, non-public meeting with vp (undoubtedly a result of some of the buy in to that JBS shinola.) Well, as already noted... way, way too much "secret stuff" to make any sense.

edited note:

the "still owned" K's were not a part of TWI's stash.

Edited by TLC

I find this thread very interesting: we have gone from the Advanced class to gold & silver. I am interested more in the later. How does one become entrusted with such riches DWBH? I am not dissing you at all DWBH, I am quite interested in who trusted you (and the others) that much to take possession of the FORT new KNOX ville treasury? Like I said, not dissing, just overly qurious: how did it feel being in possession of all that ABS? Was there ever the thought to pass it back to the beleivers, the needy, etc.? Did you or were you told that it was like hiding Solomon's treasure - I could see that.

When I hear the amounts, I think it small but then we must account for the purchase prices for Gunderson, Emporia, Rome and the rest. Guess, you folks were just hiding the slush fund and gas money for the sexmobiles. Yeh, that's bad but had to through it in to the mix.

"Was there ever the thought to pass it back to the beleivers, the needy, etc.? Did you or were you told that it was like hiding Solomon's treasure - I could see that."

Were you paying attention during PFAL when the lesson of Ananias and Sapphira was taught? It's no coincidence that it was part of our indoctrination.

"Guess, you folks were just hiding the slush fund and gas money for the sexmobiles."

That's pretty low. Should we level the same accusations against you for funding Way Corps students? (sponsorship)

I tend to agree with your last sentence, TLC. vic was fully into JBS by 1968. I was in-Rez from 73-76, and then was at all those other stupid meetings aforementioned. I never heard anything like what you reported during any of that time. !976 was when all the millions in Gold and Silver were distributed among the most "trustworthy" corpse grads on the field. There were only 4 corpses graduated by August 1976. I alone was given 2 pneumatic tubes filled with 200 SA Gold Krugerands each. Gold was selling at $800+ an ounce back then. Each Krugerand is one Ounce of pure gold. 400 X 800= $320,000.Plus 2 Army Ammo boxes each filled with $6000 US coin junk silver. So, my part of Jacob's Storehouse as it was called, was $342,000 of gold and silver. There was also an equal amount given to Ken Brown to store at the MI limb. So, when i became the limb and region guy i lived at the MI limb in Greenville, MI. so now my "portion" was at $684,000 worth of gold Krugerands and US silver coins. I lived in Detroit and was MI state WOW coordinator. By the end of the twit year 1977-78, all that gold and silver was transferred back to HQ. What was out there was personally collected by Howard and placed in a recessed cargo bay on vic's coach at each of the 7 regions Weekend In The Word. For the midwest region, OH, MI, IN, IL, WI, and MO, ours were collected at 6AM, Monday morning in front of the Conrad Hilton Hotel in downtown Chicago where we held our weekend in the word.Which means, 1.8 million dollars of gold and silver were handed over to howard and put on the coach in the center of downtown Chicago! Never heard about all that precious metal again. Gold eventually climbed to $1700 an ounce, and silver went up to $52 an ounce. In case you were wondering where Rosie's little nest egg came from.

So, piecing our timelines together, I tend to think that what you heard was scuttlebutt from corpse kids or staff who wanted to be "in-the-know'. Personally, I think the whole malpack and meeting that never was fiasco, was designed to hide the money from the IRS, which was auditing twit because of the Gahagan disaster in ME, store it in secret stashes all around the country until the heat was off, and bring it all back to HQ to launder it through "legitimate" investments. That's what they're living off today. That's where most of Rosie's $64 million dollar stash came from. Now you know where your money went. Thanks for your responses TLC. What are your thoughts on it all?

Downtown Chicago transfer of GOLD and SILVER to wierwille's motor coach.

Hiding the money from the IRS during a twit audit....to launder it later.

Al Capone, Chicago gangster, and his conviction on tax evasion.

The irony of it all........ :biglaugh:

"Was there ever the thought to pass it back to the beleivers, the needy, etc.? Did you or were you told that it was like hiding Solomon's treasure - I could see that."

Were you paying attention during PFAL when the lesson of Ananias and Sapphira was taught? It's no coincidence that it was part of our indoctrination.

"Guess, you folks were just hiding the slush fund and gas money for the sexmobiles."

That's pretty low. Should we level the same accusations against you for funding Way Corps students? (sponsorship)

Waysider, I did not mean that to be low or dis on anyone posting here. Evidently I worded it to that affect but that was not my intent. It was towards the folks at the time. I was expecting a response of facts by DWBH.

You should begin expecting more from yourself IMO, mrap. I've already told you several times that I care not a rat's patoot about your "expectations" of me regarding ANYTHING. We owe you no facts, explantations, research or commentary. You're retired. Got some free time on your hands? Why not YOU do the freaking work, research and question your boys schoenheit and jalvis? I expect nothing from you mrap, and you never disappoint. You "expect" facts from me but not yourself I guess. I'm tired of your kindergarten games. Now that you're retired, why not spend some of your pension on learning how to read and write and answer your own foolish and unlearned questions? Might save you a lot of time and you'll be able to say you did something on your own instead of expecting to be spoon fed the answers you want to hear. Lynn and schoenheit are every bit the same as wierwille. You think this is all about "dissing" vic'n'twit. How many times have you been told how utterly childlike that is? When you start to wake up to the fact that your bible idolatry heroes are just as guilty of all the same garbage they learned from vic and "made their own" then maybe you'll grow up enough to expect something from yourself instead of demanding it from everybody else. TTFN.

Edited by DontWorryBeHappy

Waysider, I did not mean that to be low or dis on anyone posting here. Evidently I worded it to that affect but that was not my intent. It was towards the folks at the time. I was expecting a response of facts by DWBH.

The word that comes to mind when reading your posts is "facetious."

Like you're toying with people here.

I find this thread very interesting: we have gone from the Advanced class to gold & silver. I am interested more in the later. How does one become entrusted with such riches DWBH? I am not dissing you at all DWBH, I am quite interested in who trusted you (and the others) that much to take possession of the FORT new KNOX ville treasury? Like I said, not dissing, just overly qurious: how did it feel being in possession of all that ABS? Was there ever the thought to pass it back to the beleivers, the needy, etc.? Did you or were you told that it was like hiding Solomon's treasure - I could see that.

When I hear the amounts, I think it small but then we must account for the purchase prices for Gunderson, Emporia, Rome and the rest. Guess, you folks were just hiding the slush fund and gas money for the sexmobiles. Yeh, that's bad but had to through it in to the mix.

Mixed message:

I'm not interested in insulting you, but let's talk about yo' mama for awhile...

Think very carefully before hitting "add reply."

To send insults that often means you really mean to insult,

or you don't care enough that you're not thinking and reviewing before you post.

Some days I refuse to reply because I'm not sure where my emotions would be,

and posting angry or impulsive is a bad thing, as I see it.

• Upvote 1

WOW So glad I ABSed all that $ that I couldn't spare to help "move the Word."

• Upvote 1

WHAT?!?!?!?? I was always uncomfortable with the whole monetary element and lack of disclosure. Small church around my neighborhood would do more for the community than this "giant" worldwide ministry. I remember having a branch of 120 people with Corpse that had to get regular jobs to offset costs. Even if 60 people gave 10% (which we all knew was spiritually disingenuous... bump that up baby!), made the mean American HH income of $50K, that should mean around $300,000. That could never support our leadership. And I made (and gave) much more!

I found these a few years back. The reports from '07 and earlier had financials, from 08 and on, just a sheet. An interesting read, but still never matching up in terms of income. Where did it go? How was it hidden?

The short version of it is that I think your recount of the situation, the loss of 501©3, and (coverup) reason for the meeting that never was appears to be correct.

Seems the gold was sold sometime in the fall of '79, and in thinking more about this, perhaps it the timing was acutally more of a coincidence with the 501c3 issue, and the reason really boils down to the JBS stuff.

• Upvote 1

WHAT?!?!?!?? I was always uncomfortable with the whole monetary element and lack of disclosure. Small church around my neighborhood would do more for the community than this "giant" worldwide ministry. I remember having a branch of 120 people with Corpse that had to get regular jobs to offset costs. Even if 60 people gave 10% (which we all knew was spiritually disingenuous... bump that up baby!), made the mean American HH income of $50K, that should mean around $300,000. That could never support our leadership. And I made (and gave) much more!

I found these a few years back. The reports from '07 and earlier had financials, from 08 and on, just a sheet. An interesting read, but still never matching up in terms of income. Where did it go? How was it hidden?

Don't know if it's still the case, but H.E. always had 2 sets of books. One for TWI, one for the IRS.

Seems the gold was sold sometime in the fall of '79, and in thinking more about this, perhaps it the timing was acutally more of a coincidence with the 501c3 issue, and the reason really boils down to the JBS stuff.

Who knows what they really have? We only know what they are willing to admit to.

John Lynn took the gold ! i found that out in a "signed confession"

...Here's an analogy that has blessed lots of people: WE HAVE ESCAPED FROM EGYPT WITH ALL THE GOLD! That's right--we're free, and we have all the right doctrine we heard, and the keys to learning more. So let's spend the GOLD! That sounds better than sitting on it and lamenting our time in Egypt...

source of "signed confession":

WordWolf quoting Lynn's letter

• Upvote 1

Who knows what they really have? We only know what they are willing to admit to.

Just getting back to the thread topic.

What my wife and I knew is that we could not afford the payment of the AC or the time off work to attend the AC, we wanted to. We were already sponsoring too many corp folk at the time and doing the 15% ABS (can we get a discount?): at the time, we just thought it was our lack of getting things together.

In hind sight (after reading the posts about the Advanced Course here one GSC), I don't think we missed a thing other than wasting "more" money. This is just one more bit of enlightenment that I have gotten from GSC. Now, that would have been back in the 1976 era, was the course better back then? The question is rhetorical but answer anyway if you like.

Just getting back to the thread topic.

What my wife and I knew is that we could not afford the payment of the AC or the time off work to attend the AC, we wanted to. We were already sponsoring too many corp folk at the time and doing the 15% ABS (can we get a discount?): at the time, we just thought it was our lack of getting things together.

In hind sight (after reading the posts about the Advanced Course here one GSC), I don't think we missed a thing other than wasting "more" money. This is just one more bit of enlightenment that I have gotten from GSC. Now, that would have been back in the 1976 era, was the course better back then? The question is rhetorical but answer anyway if you like.

Ha! The answer is yes and no. I can't imagine the AC was any more credible, relevant or "better" at any one time or other. Did you miss anything? Other than being able to speak authoritatively on the subject of whether you missed anything or not, I'd say "not really."

It was just more convoluted indoctrination into magical thinking that didn't really get anyone closer to God or better able to help people in any way.

Edited by Rocky

I remember my time in the late 90's as being one word: MAGICAL. I was barely old enough to take it, religiously taking all other retakes and the packet on time to be eligible. By my time, it was a Rite of Passage to enter fully into the functioning body. I was third gen. and it was expected. It was never a matter of if, only when. I anticipated and enjoyed the entire experience.

I remember waiting with anticipation for what new material was in there. I wanted to know about devil spirits and how to actually operate the manifestations. I wanted that binder to complete the set. I wanted that new blue name tag (green was out... blue was in). I wanted to belong in my Branch and family. Most of all, I wanted to actually make a difference in life.

While there, it was taught by the MOG himself at the mothership. That meant meals and mealtime etiquette with all of its quirks. I remember how peculiar it was to have kelp at the table, and openly putting in on everything because our person at the head did it as well. Another secret seasoning that ONLY TWI had and used. All sessions were in the WOWA (soon to be renamed PVA) and it was so "special" to be in that building at the non-typical STS time.

I remember waiting for each new packet of the syllabus. How strange is it to only get small parts at a time? The reason given was so we wouldn't get distracted, but what learning institution worth its salt parcels out and controls every paragraph of their content? (Rhetorical). By this time, the syllabi were no longer outlines, but almost word-for-word transcripts. The didn't want you to look or read it, just to listen, relax, and "take it all in". That was made clear numerous times. I didn't care- I wanted to know the secrets of the Bible no one had heard for generations. I wanted to do that stuff of the Gospels and Epistles.

One day, there was a storm forecast for our afternoon of unstructured (yet highly organized) time. Weather radar had the storm pointed right at the mothership. We got in our morning study group of about 12 and prayed that the storm would dissipate, God's Word would move, etc.. I watched the radar later that day from my room and watched the storm split and break up. Granted I was only 16 and had no real understanding of meteorology and the unstable nature of weather in July in the Midwest, but I thought this was PROOF that what I was learning and doing was... miraculous.

Any small treat, event, special song (I recall one called "I'm Gonna Wash My Feet In The Blood Of The Wicked" too edgy to make it on any Way Prod CDs) was made or done just for me. I felt pampered and left proud of my new sense of empowerment and purpose. Every thing had a purpose reason behind what it was and why it was there.

The AC for me was a pivotal moment that turned me into one of the uber committed for years to come... until I could look and think critically at what was actually there. I was sold on the packaging and made to feel like the most chosen person on the planet. New secret information that only a select few from Martin Luther on forward had EVER possessed, a "miracle" of a rainstorm breaking up, special meals with kelp, 24-7 indoctrination, access to walk in the Promised Land, being a compliant third gen. 16yo... MAGICAL.