GreaseSpot Cafe

Should Christians Vote

Are we to study the Word of God as though it were a hodge-podge assortment of instructions that are all the same for all the people of all the ages? Some people study it that way, and then wonder why they can not make sense of it. 

Cafeteria Christianity, each group placing on their plate the portion, or portions of Scripture that appeal most to them. “We want this, but we will ignore that.” “We will take one of these, but we will leave the others off our plate.” But we can not pick and choose whatever doctrine suits our appetites, as though it is left up to us to sere ourselves.

Vote on what?

Why should Christians NOT vote. They (We) are citizens and have civic duties we must fulfill.

Ministers of Righteousness (Evangelical's 'without questioning') lead their people. Everybody believes or supposed to believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, that is not the message that saves, it is understanding the meaning of that message that saves today. Should people be voting 'without questioning' attitudes? There’s no “Christianity” in Paul’s letters. There are no “Christians” in Paul’s letters. You can’t find the word. You can’t find the concept.

Edited by teachmevp

Everybody believes or supposed to believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, that is not the message that saves, it is understanding the meaning of that message that saves today. Should people be voting 'without questioning' attitudes? There’s no “Christianity” in Paul’s letters. There are no “Christians” in Paul’s letters. You can’t find the word. You can’t find the concept.

What sort of hokey poo is that? Or what are you "voting" on, and why? And in case you hadn't noticed before (I'd presumed most here knew this already), "Christianity" (as a label) evidently first appeared in Antioch, shortly after Paul began teaching there (Acts 11:26.) So, it's not rocket science to make the connection between Christianity and the teachings of Paul.

What sort of hokey poo is that? Or what are you "voting" on, and why? And in case you hadn't noticed before (I'd presumed most here knew this already), "Christianity" (as a label) evidently first appeared in Antioch, shortly after Paul began teaching there (Acts 11:26.) So, it's not rocket science to make the connection between Christianity and the teachings of Paul.

But any one who dares to question the Biblical validity of a traditional doctrine can become suspect as a “heretic.” This without questioning attitude is disturbing, people can be swayed toward the sunteleia and then the telos in Revelation. Paul taught different, he would want people to consider the body of Christ first, before casting a vote.

Tell me if I'm mistaken, but the opening post appears to be doctrinal in nature and not "open."

The opening post seems to not only be rather specifically Doctrinal,

but the thread's title is "clickbait."

The title is not what the thread is about. The title may belong in Open,

but it isn't what the thread is about-and is phrased that way solely to get people

to click on it. It's an advertising gambit used online, and is rather unprincipled.

Tell me if I'm mistaken, but the opening post appears to be doctrinal in nature and not "open."

I thought that too, but Paul is fact. I find it interesting how people with that 'without questioning' attitude can be swayed in casting a vote. Paul would have reasoned it different. If this thread was in doctrinal it would be open to reason Paul, but Paul is fact. It would interesting to talk without all that chapter and verse, but reasoning about peoples points of views about what people face in this troubling time.

I apologize, but I just had to butt in. I clicked on a thread entitled, "Should Christians Vote". That thread was started by someone calling himself "teachmevp". I don't know teach, but all I have seen in response to the most OBVIOUS question, "vote on what?", is incomprehensible gobbledygook from teach, with no coherent response or answer to the simplest of questions. I'll admit I'm completely unfamiliar with whatever dimension teach is posting from. I don't read him much because I do not enjoy headaches or nausea.

I mean crap like "Paul is fact". WTF? Any kind of rational, comprehensible explanation for exactly what a statement line that means??? Paul freaking who? Lynde? McCartney? Giamatti? Pope Paul VI? Ron Paul? Rand? Paul Merkel? Paul Pierce? I try to read teach's stuff with an open mind, but, like I said, I can't take the incomprehension required to make any sense out of the words he posts beyond his screen-name.

However, teach......IMO, you are posting here at GSC for exactly what purpose? To keep your dead water-logged idol alive in the minds of people who despise everything he ever did? To keep his delusional, Aryan theologies and hatreds alive to hurt more sheep? What do you get out of your persona here? Identity? Purpose? Makes life more meaningful? Overcoming worry and fear? Increasing prosperity? Who in their right mind would choose "teachmevp" as the screen name at a website dedicated to telling the truth about Dictor Paul Wierwille? What is your POINT teach? Please! Finally! Spit it out! TY.

Edited by DontWorryBeHappy
  • Upvote 1

I apologize, but I just had to butt in. I clicked on a thread entitled, "Should Christians Vote". That thread was started by someone calling himself "teachmevp". I don't know teach, but all I have seen in response to the most OBVIOUS question, "vote on what?", is incomprehensible gobbledygook from teach, with no coherent response or answer to the simplest of questions. I'll admit I'm completely unfamiliar with whatever dimension teach is posting from. I don't read him much because I do not enjoy headaches or nausea.

I mean crap like "Paul is fact". WTF? Any kind of rational, comprehensible explanation for exactly what a statement line that means??? Paul freaking who? Lynde? McCartney? Giamatti? Pope Paul VI? Ron Paul? Rand? Paul Merkel? Paul Pierce? I try to read teach's stuff with an open mind, but, like I said, I can't take the incomprehension required to make any sense out of the words he posts beyond his screen-name.

However, teach......IMO, you are posting here at GSC for exactly what purpose? To keep your dead water-logged idol alive in the minds of people who despise everything he ever did? To keep his delusional, Aryan theologies and hatreds alive to hurt more sheep? What do you get out of your persona here? Identity? Purpose? Makes life more meaningful? Overcoming worry and fear? Increasing prosperity? Who in their right mind would choose "teachmevp" as the screen name at a website dedicated to telling the truth about Dictor Paul Wierwille? What is your POINT teach? Please! Finally! Spit it out! TY.

That name was suppose to be a joke. Teachmevp, why did you do what you did. I kicked out of the way for questioning that life in John 10:10. I showed that life is not this life, but eternal life. I guess nobody questions that John 10:10, to much money to be made. Paul is fact. So we can indeed see how other religions sway peoples votes.

When I read the topic title I took it to mean that if you are a Christian and hold your beliefs that you can not vote for those who do not meet your Christian values - that's how I took it. I see that I did not take this to the deeper context. That's just my two cents (I sure do miss the "cents" key).

When I read the topic title I took it to mean that if you are a Christian and hold your beliefs that you can not vote for those who do not meet your Christian values - that's how I took it. I see that I did not take this to the deeper context. That's just my two cents (I sure do miss the "cents" key).

Values are an interesting subject. I put a post together awhile back.

Christianity developed the notion of original sin.

So extreme are the psalmist’s guilt feeling that he sees himself as sinful even before birth.

Evil is a product of human behavior, not a principal inherent in the cosmos. It is the power of moral choice alone, that is God like and having that good and bad knowledge is no guarantee that one will choose or incline towards the good. The very action that brought Adam and Eve a God like awareness of their mortal autonomy, was an action that was taken in opposition to Yahweh.

Yahweh knows that, that human beings will become like Yahweh, knowing good and bad; it’s one of the things about Yahweh, he knows good and bad, and has chosen the good. Human beings, and only human beings are the potential source of evil, responsibility for evil will lie in the hands of human beings. Evil is represented not as a physical reality, it’s not built into the structure of Eden, evil is a condition of human existence, and to assert that evil stems from human behavior.

The moral choice of good and bad according to a persons religion, people can be swayed into casting their votes based on the values of a preacher? Thanks for your two cents, values, something to think about.

Check your computer's "character map." ¢

On windows based systems, you can also get it but holding the Alt key and typing 0162 (like this). ¢

Check your computer's "character map." ¢

On windows based systems, you can also get it but holding the Alt key and typing 0162 (like this). ¢

Thanks Rocky, I guess that it's just as easy these days to type "cents"; how long before that term is no longer understood.

I learned to type on a writer from the 1920's, what a classic, only now am I honored, like so many things in life, it's only after decades that you learn the values and crap of things. I laugh, if we knew what we should have at the time would our little brains be able to comprehend the importance of the moment.

Getting back on topic/thread, I still don't have a clue what the discussion was meant to be about (it seemed simple enough at first glance).

Evidently there is a shadow understanding of the matter but I will attest to the face statement of the thread title: Hell yes, Christians should vote - how ironic if we vote differently, which we do.

Not meaning to be an foot but why not just ask: would Jesus be a democrat, a republican, a libertarian, a KKK, a Nazi, a Marxist, a Maoist, really, where shall I continue and stop.

But I am shallow and the discussion was meant to be deeper than what the title portrayed: was it not?

Thanks Rocky, I guess that it's just as easy these days to type "cents"; how long before that term is no longer understood.

I learned to type on a writer from the 1920's, what a classic, only now am I honored, like so many things in life, it's only after decades that you learn the values and crap of things. I laugh, if we knew what we should have at the time would our little brains be able to comprehend the importance of the moment.

Getting back on topic/thread, I still don't have a clue what the discussion was meant to be about (it seemed simple enough at first glance).

Evidently there is a shadow understanding of the matter but I will attest to the face statement of the thread title: Hell yes, Christians should vote - how ironic if we vote differently, which we do.

Not meaning to be an foot but why not just ask: would Jesus be a democrat, a republican, a libertarian, a KKK, a Nazi, a Marxist, a Maoist, really, where shall I continue and stop.

But I am shallow and the discussion was meant to be deeper than what the title portrayed: was it not?

In 1913 the USA was sold down the river.

But now that these people have firmly took over since 2008, seems they wormed their way into the churches. The massage of our hope is not being taught, maybe to sway peoples vote?

The title of this thread doesn't mean shinola.

Christianity developed the notion of original sin.

Unless there really was an original sin.

In which case, there's little doubt that there's been some notion of it ever since.

Are you suggesting or purporting that there's no such thing (and never has been)?

Evil is a product of human behavior, not a principal inherent in the cosmos.

Evidently you also don't think the devil is real.

Yahweh knows that, that human beings will become like Yahweh, knowing good and bad; it’s one of the things about Yahweh, he knows good and bad, and has chosen the good.

That's pure speculation bs. Fine by me if you want to accept it as that, but certainly not worth promoting as anything more than that.

But from my view of things, it's not a good rendering of Gen.3:22 that it appears to be remotely related to.

Did you think and/or write this stuff (or any of the rest of it) yourself, or is it (what I suspect) a cut and paste of someone else's thoughts?

Maybe we can VOTE on that, eh?

Casting lots occurs before the day of Pentecost. This happened when spirit was upon, not in, and information was less clear, so casting lots were helpful.

Therefore no, Christians, being part of the Age of Grace, should not vote. Biblically speaking.

Casting lots occurs before the day of Pentecost. This happened when spirit was upon, not in, and information was less clear, so casting lots were helpful.

Therefore no, Christians, being part of the Age of Grace, should not vote. Biblically speaking.

Okay, open forum. Right?

So here's the next "vote on" question I gots.

Without regard for any difference in what spirit is or can be... is there any discernible biblical difference between "spirit upon" and "spirit in"?

YES? Or, maybe... NO.

(And yeah, I knows what was taught in TWI. But what do the scriptures really say?)

Apparently neither does anyone else, other than the character who started the thread. ;)

Unless there really was an original sin.

In which case, there's little doubt that there's been some notion of it ever since.

Are you suggesting or purporting that there's no such thing (and never has been)?

"Original sin" is a key component of the Judeo-Christian creation story.

What a deep thought. That was cool how Yahweh put his power upon them back in them days, the sign nation. Suffering circumstances is how God helps us grow today, but to be part of suffering circumstances, this could be another reason Christians shouldn't vote?

Suffering circumstances is how God helps us grow today, but to be part of suffering circumstances, this could be another reason Christians shouldn't vote?

If that first part of that's true, then I suppose you should vote for Hillary.

Okay, open forum. Right?

So here's the next "vote on" question I gots.

Without regard for any difference in what spirit is or can be... is there any discernible biblical difference between "spirit upon" and "spirit in"?

YES? Or, maybe... NO.

(And yeah, I knows what was taught in TWI. But what do the scriptures really say?)

Being Christ-In meant more eternal rewards and greater favor, certainty, access and knowledge of how the spirit-realm works for every individual. As apposed to a few spokespeople. I understood it to be a higher, more developed, mature stage of being.