GreaseSpot Cafe

Cancer

DogLover

I worked in a cancer hospital for several years as secretary to a wonderful radiation oncologist. At The James Cancer Hospital they state that cancer is actually over 600 diseases! There are many different causes, and most of them we don't know exactly. For someone like GVC to get hit with cancer while doing the right things as we know them, no drugs, booze or cigarettes (or anything else that can be smoked) is a terrible shock. The doctor I worked for is a survivor herself, and said she suspects that there's a strong genetic component in a tendency toward having some kind of malignancy pop up in the body.

In any event, I met some wonderful people who were not only survivors, but warriors in the battle against cancers of any kind.

Early in my working there, I realized if I were still "in" I would have been strictly forbidden to take this job. And I got blessed to be a blessing so many times working there.

To make a short story long, this whole business of cancer being caused by devil spirit possession, is in my opinion a bunch of horse?$hit. I greatly appreciate DWBH's post too; a great explanation.

It is tragic the people who have been hurt by TWI's nonsensical approach to sickness and disease, not only cancer, but also any health problems.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Watered Garden said:

To make a short story long, this whole business of cancer being caused by devil spirit possession, is in my opinion a bunch of horse?$hit. I greatly appreciate DWBH's post too; a great explanation.

It is tragic the people who have been hurt by TWI's nonsensical approach to sickness and disease, not only cancer, but also any health problems.

Agree.  I believe the whole logic there was based on the fact that cancer cells grow on their own in the body.  So the incorrect conclusion drawn was since they seemed to have life of their own, it had to be caused by a devil spirit.

Dumb, dumb, dumb dumb.  Dumb.

Bacteria has life of its own.  As it is a bug dummy.  Viral infections too.  At the microscopic level.  So maybe cancer is similar, you bunch of superstitious idiots.  From that mindset, there is a chance to cure it.  Work on research, like the world is doing.  Although I guess we could all regress to the 17th century and just put leeches on everything.

PS - all my "dummy" words are not directed at you if not obvious.  More to do with my own personal angst.  Thx for understanding.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2017 at 9:08 AM, Watered Garden said:

I worked in a cancer hospital for several years as secretary to a wonderful radiation oncologist. At The James Cancer Hospital they state that cancer is actually over 600 diseases! There are many different causes, and most of them we don't know exactly. For someone like GVC to get hit with cancer while doing the right things as we know them, no drugs, booze or cigarettes (or anything else that can be smoked) is a terrible shock. The doctor I worked for is a survivor herself, and said she suspects that there's a strong genetic component in a tendency toward having some kind of malignancy pop up in the body.

In any event, I met some wonderful people who were not only survivors, but warriors in the battle against cancers of any kind.

Early in my working there, I realized if I were still "in" I would have been strictly forbidden to take this job. And I got blessed to be a blessing so many times working there.

WG, well-said, and thank you!  I did not know that Cancer was "over 600 diseases." I think VPW wanted easy answers to complex medical questions; I think that was why he said it was a DS.  Hogwash!!  I would not wish Cancer on anyone, but it can be successfully treated, if it is caught in time.  I know from personal experience!  

• Upvote 1