GreaseSpot Cafe

wierwille's actual degrees?

WordWolf

By chance, I came across a distinction between degrees.

A Doctorate of Divinity is a different degree than a Doctorate in Theology.

vpw, naturally, led people to believe he had a stack of degrees.

Does anyone have, at hand, an actual "official" listing of what his degrees were?

What was he, supposedly, a Doctor OF? Theology? Divinity? Something else?

A separate question, of course, will be how "official" Pike's Peak was as a

degree-granting institution.

Does anyone have, at hand, an actual "official" listing of what his degrees were?

The following is from Mrs. Wierwille's book, Born Again to Serve:

p.30 "On May 29, 1938, Victor received the Bachelor of Arts degree at the Mission House College,

Plymouth, Wisconsin. The following summers of 1938, '39, and '40, Vic attended the University of

Chicago Divinity School while continuing his seminary studies at Mission House Seminary during

the regular fall, winter, and spring school terms."

p.31 "Later that August of 1940, all three of us [Don was born August 11th] traveled on old U.S. 30

to New Jersey so that Vic could begin studying for his Master of Theology degree at Princeton Theological

Seminary. He believed he could learn much at Princeton, especially from Dr. Blackwood in practical

theology."

p.32 "On May 13, 1941, Vic, along with twenty other Princeton seminarians, received that degree

[Master of Theology degree]. We then returned to New Knoxville for a few days, en route once more

to the Mission House College and Seminary, where Vic formally received his Bachelor of Theology degree,

which he had actually completed the work for at the end of the summer of 1940. His diploma is dated

September 1, 1940."

p.33 "In June 1941 Victor was ordained into the Christian ministry in the Evangelical and Reformed Church

in New Knoxville, Ohio, his home church since birth."

p.67 "On July 5, 1948, our family of five began a trip in our new 1948 Chevrolet, given to us by the

Wierwille family, to Manitou Springs, Colorado. Rev. Wierwille had been taking correspondence work with

Pikes Peak Bible Seminary and Burton College and writing his doctoral dissertation on 'Peter the Preacher.'

By being in attendance at the seminary in Colorado, he was completing his requirements for a Doctor of Theology

degree. Students there came from India and China as well as various parts of the United States."

p.67 "Along with taking course work, Rev. Wierwille also taught two classes: 'Radio Preaching Techniques'

and 'Peter the Preacher.' On Wednesday, July 28, 1948, he was awarded the Doctor of Theology degree by

Pikes Peak Seminary in a ceremony at the Community Congregational Church in Manitou Springs. Immediately

after his graduation, the five of us left for Minnesota for the Camp Farthest Out at Lake Koronis. It was

a most tremendous and exceptional summer to have our young family experience both occasions."

[Pictured on same page is the Pikes Peak Bible Seminary and Burton College commencement brochure at the

nearby Community Congregational Church.]

Edited by skyrider

So, including travel time from OH to CO, to be "in residence" to finish his "Doctorate" degree, took a total of 23 days! Yup! That's accredited alright.

The Master's Degree from Princeton School of Theology has absolutely NOTHING to do with the titans of the Ivy League, such as Princeton University in southern NJ. That's what vic always tried to get people to assume. However, The Princeton Theological Seminary was and always has been a completely separate institution from Princeton University, and remains so to this day. There is no academic, scholastic, or degree granting status that it shares with the REAL Princeton. I believe that Princeton Theological Seminary has accreditation and degree-granting status from a denominational system......maybe Presbyterian (like Emporia College), but honestly, i do not remember which denomination.

So, dictor paul's Masters degree was not from Princeton University, but from a completely non-affiliated institution sharing nothing with the REAL Princeton other the name of their location, Princeton, NJ. DPW just let the assumptions continue to make himself look better educated than he was. The charlatan never went to a decent real school. He went to third rate schools with a 4th grade intellect.

So, including travel time from OH to CO, to be "in residence" to finish his "Doctorate" degree, took a total of 23 days! Yup! That's accredited alright.

The Master's Degree from Princeton School of Theology has absolutely NOTHING to do with the titans of the Ivy League, such as Princeton University in southern NJ. That's what vic always tried to get people to assume. However, The Princeton Theological Seminary was and always has been a completely separate institution from Princeton University, and remains so to this day. There is no academic, scholastic, or degree granting status that it shares with the REAL Princeton. I believe that Princeton Theological Seminary has accreditation and degree-granting status from a denominational system......maybe Presbyterian (like Emporia College), but honestly, i do not remember which denomination.

So, dictor paul's Masters degree was not from Princeton University, but from a completely non-affiliated institution sharing nothing with the REAL Princeton other the name of their location, Princeton, NJ. DPW just let the assumptions continue to make himself look better educated than he was. The charlatan never went to a decent real school. He went to third rate schools with a 4th grade intellect.

On the one hand,

Princeton Theological Seminary is a real organization. Plotinus and Goey have both mentioned it's respected

in theological circles (thus, was no diploma mill, unlike Pike's Peak.)

On the other hand,

it lacks the name recognition among the public and cachet that Princeton University has.

I, personally, heard lcm say "Princeton" and leave people presuming vpw went to Princeton University.

I supposed he got that from vpw since it's right out of his playbook (IMPLY a lie when you can rather than say it),

but never actually heard vpw say it.

You heard vpw say that one, that he went to "Princeton" and left it at that?

(I'd appreciate confirmation, since I have "he said stuff LIKE this" and "sounds like what he'd say",

but none of that is conclusive.

About Princeton Theological Seminary:

Princeton Theological Seminary is a school dedicated to forming women and men in service to Jesus Christ for leadership in changing churches and to serving as an unsurpassed resource for Reformed theology worldwide.

The Seminary engages in ongoing evaluation of its educational effectiveness which, as an institution of the PC(USA), is measured in part through: 1) graduation rates, 2) completion rates, 3) PC(USA) ordination exam pass rates, 4) student satisfaction with progress in the primary areas of the core curriculum, and 5) placement.

PC(USA) is the Presbyterian Church of the USA. My cousin is an ordained PC(USA) pastor in northern Virginia.

Princeton Theological Seminary is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) in the United States and Canada as well as the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).

The following degree programs are approved: MACEF, MDiv, MDiv/MACEF, MA(TS), ThM, PhD

Good info Rocky! Thanks for posting it. I thought it was the PC(USA).

WordWolf.......

I personally heard vic say, "Princeton was sure as hell no degree mill!" I also heard him say, "You think it's easy getting through Princeton Theology?" And, " nobody wants to say anything about my masters' at Princeton Seminary. Because it ain't easy to get that from Princeton ya know. I think most of you keedz are too lazy to handle a top notch school like that, let alone the Word of God!" And, again " you bet I got my master's at Princeton Theological! Hard to counterfeit their sheepskins!". There are many many more like that both about Princeton Theological Seminary and the amazing Pike's Peak Seminary where vic forged his ThD. Absolute, purposeful FRAUD imo.

Ok, so at least part of the time, he just called it "Princeton," and probably more than 1/2 the time,

he called it "Princeton Theological".

That's what I really wanted to know.

This is striking against something peculiar.

At some point in his ramblings, vpw said some things about getting awarded his doctorate

while still working on his masters- which doesn't match the twi timelines.

When trying to remember the specifics, I recall he mentioning the phrase "of Divinity"

at least once there.

By that, I mean he either said he was working on, or granted, a "Masters of Divinity",

a "Doctorate of Divinity", or both.

Does anyone else recall something like that?

It's not in the official timeline. Then again, his claim of taking all of Moody's

available correspondence classes isn't listed in their official timeline,

and he definitely claimed that (it's in TW:LiL, for example.)

It would not surprise me if he claimed he had a Masters and a Doctorate in both

Divinity and Theology, as well as a PhD in Theology (a PhD as well as a ThD).

We know he claimed to teach at some campus he visited-and was a guest-speaker,

which is the work of an hour, not the work of a semester or 2.

Although Mrs. Wierwille's book moves along in a chronological timeline, it inserts certain background

information by dropping names of "influential" men who prodded vpw on his journey. Also, it is obvious

to see little of the key elements of wierwille's doctorate of theology [Pikes Peak] correspondence work,

the curriculum, the workload, and the vague details of receiving his Doctor of Theology degree.

And, even though its still vague, there are more names and detail provided of the Mission House College

than of Princeton Theological Seminary or wierwille's doctorate work and/or correspondence with Pikes Peak

Seminary. Clearly, the book attempts to "rush along the doctorate degree and ceremony" [two paragraphs]

with very little detail.....and from then on, he is referenced as "Dr. Wierwille."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Under the subtitle Mission House College there is a clumsily accounting of victor's basketball

aspirations, experiences and tenure before Mrs. W asserts the following:

p.25 "During the early years in college, Vic became a prolific reader and gave much credit to his professors

who had helped him form a system of study. In theology, the greatest impression was made on him by Mission

House's Dr. Louis C. Hessert in systematic theology and ethics. Victor noted, 'Dr. Hessert was a man who loved

and encouraged me, and I shall always respect his great ability in academics. He gave me a diligence for the

systematic accuracy of the Word of God and a thirst for knowledge in ethics.' Later, in January 1951, Dr. Hessert

was our guest teacher at St. Peter's Church in Van Wert for the Universal Week of Prayer conducted throughout the

entire nation among all denominations."

"Another man who influenced Victor in his college years was Dr. Ernst. Dr. Wierwille stated, 'Dr. Ernst introduced

me to exegetical theology and Hebrew. Being a good friend of Dr. Karl Barth of Switzerland, Dr. Ernst presented

Dr. Barth's theological positions in my classes, so I felt well acquainted with Dr. Barth when I finally met him

many years later in Basel, Switzerland."

"'Both Dr. Hessert and Dr. Ernst encouraged me to consider the possibility of doing postgraduate work and to someday

become a professor at a theological seminary. They wanted me to go to Princeton Theological Seminary in hopes that

I would pursue either exegetical theology or systematics. It must have been disappointing to them when I chose

practical theology, then taught by Princeton's Dr. Andrew Blackwood. The latter inspired me in practical theology,

religious education, and related subjects.'"

"At Mission House, Victor especially loved his classes in philosophy with Dr. Joseph Bauer. Later, in choosing

courses at the University of Chicago Divinity School, Dr. Weiman there told Victor that he couldn't teach him

any more in philosophy than he already knew because his teacher at Mission House College, Dr. Bauer, was the

ultimate in this field!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These two paragraphs, on p.67, are the FULL extent of Mrs. Wierwille's accounting of vpw's doctorate study and

degree.....with a picture at the bottom of the page of victor and three of the educators at Pikes Peak Seminary.

p.67 "On July 5, 1948, our family of five began a trip in our new 1948 Chevrolet, given to us by the

Wierwille family, to Manitou Springs, Colorado. Rev. Wierwille had been taking correspondence work with

Pikes Peak Bible Seminary and Burton College and writing his doctoral dissertation on 'Peter the Preacher.'

By being in attendance at the seminary in Colorado, he was completing his requirements for a Doctor of Theology

degree. Students there came from India and China as well as various parts of the United States."

p.67 "Along with taking course work, Rev. Wierwille also taught two classes: 'Radio Preaching Techniques'

and 'Peter the Preacher.' On Wednesday, July 28, 1948, he was awarded the Doctor of Theology degree by

Pikes Peak Seminary in a ceremony at the Community Congregational Church in Manitou Springs. Immediately

after his graduation, the five of us left for Minnesota for the Camp Farthest Out at Lake Koronis. It was

a most tremendous and exceptional summer to have our young family experience both occasions."

Edited by skyrider

"At Mission House, Victor especially loved his classes in philosophy with Dr. Joseph Bauer. Later, in choosing

courses at the University of Chicago Divinity School, Dr. Weiman there told Victor that he couldn't teach him

any more in philosophy than he already knew because his teacher at Mission House College, Dr. Bauer, was the

ultimate in this field!"

Now I'm devastated, devastated, I tell you. How awful to discover my hero and champion of spiritual insight was enamored of Weltweisheit.

Edited by waysider

During my time in da corpse, which began in July, 1973, and thereafter all the way to 12/'86 when I left, I never heard vic or dotsie ever say ANYTHING about dictor ever attending University of Chicago Divinity School. Ever! The Moody classes Schtick he talked about as if it were actually true, was already a DPW standard in his magically growing curriculum vitae by 1972, AC at Summer School. All this stuff from dotsie's book, written in the mid-nineties(?), is new to me. And, I can see from what Skyrider's posted excerpts contain, that Dotsie either bought Vic's bs, or Karen did. The entire roster of his "influences" at Lakeland Mission House College appears to me, to be written to "verify" vic's influential (in dpw's own mind) meeting with Karl Barth! I never heard any of those Mission House names (Ernst, Hesstert, et al) during the entire time i was in TWIt. The only name I heard over and over again, from his "old denomination" was that of Dr. Kunst, the pastor of the UCC Church in New Knoxville. Remember him? Cigar smoking old German preacher to whom l'il vic lovingly looked up to and spoke those beautiful words, memorialized by Harve Platig and Braindead, "I wannabe a man'o'gawd like YOU sir!".........ROFL! All the rest is news to me! Again, look at the doublespeak mention of "Princeton Theological Seminary". Anyone else think of Princeton University "Seminary"? I bet! Just like You're supposed to. You don't question it because moggievic must have told dotsie, and, of course, he'd never lie, nor would the lovely "First Lady" of TWIt", would he???

Sorry folks, but anyone who still thinks any of this hyperbolic self-importance is actually true to fact will be sorely disappointed. Dotsie was a classic, co-dependent enabler. Unable to escape vic's increasingly pathological sphere of influence, she was basically bullied into accepting it along with all the rest of his increasingly bizarre and overt pathological behavioral disturbances. Donnie was the oldest, and he did everything he could to escape that same abusive sphere of influence which swallowed up the entire Wierwille family as long as dpw was alive. The next two kids, Karen and Mary, were unwitting targets of vic's vicious misogyny, as was Dotsie herself. The youngest kids, JP and Sara, were brought up in the "ministry" of the 1969-1972, and thereafter, so they both were exposed to the MOGFOT version of dictor more than their older siblings. Both JP and Sara went into the corpse and both graduated. JP still keeps "the dream alive" down in MS at Dougie super-secret-double-agent-security-killer MacMullan's family farm, another ECU macho-jerk from the turd corpse like jooorrrrrrrge hendley. Still lives on the Kool-Aid served at his old homestead in NK I guess. As if his biological AND spiritual father was some "great one" like Simon the Sorcerer in Acts. Sad, but true.

On 8/6/2016 at 5:08 AM, waysider said:

I'm waiting for the Biblical parallels to begin.

(ie: "Jesus didn't have a degree.")

:B)

Neither did these guys: LINK

We could argue VPW's degrees were worthless, so are a lot of folks'.  

And, well, maybe VPW started a cult as a way to pay off student loans.

And well, HERE.

If getting Degrees was the in thing, VPW could argue that.

If not getting degrees was the new wave, VPW could argue that?

VPW was all things to all men.  (I think that's biblical sounding)

2 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

Neither did these guys: LINK

We could argue VPW's degrees were worthless, so are a lot of folks'.  

And, well, maybe VPW started a cult as a way to pay off student loans.

And well, HERE.

If getting Degrees was the in thing, VPW could argue that.

If not getting degrees was the new wave, VPW could argue that?

VPW was all things to all men.  (I think that's biblical sounding)

Yeah, it sounds biblical... but we could argue that veepee had different motives.

What I want to know is what exact classes did VPW take at Lakeland and Princeton

• 2 months later...
On August 4, 2016 at 9:19 PM, WordWolf said:

Wow WW, I did not know that!  Is one better than the other, or are they equal?  I think VPW had an advanced degree in Cow Sheet!