GreaseSpot Cafe

Farewell Rosie!

Twinky

I have it on good authority that Rosie has announced her retirement!  At a recent big meeting, Rosie came out and said that she would be stepping down as of 1/1/17. She said "I'm excited about it too." 

She has named her replacement but I am not at liberty to divulge his name at present.  But "close to home," you might expect.

And, as you might also expect - there is no announcement on their website, which doesn't appear to have been updated for many months.

Hi, Mr Linder!  :wave:  The news is out!!

7 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

The Way being run by the children they raised.

Can't see that happening - those kids all ran off as soon as they could.  Some of them have wound up here.  Good for them!

• Upvote 1

Is Mister Linder the new Prez of TWI, or is it Donald or Hillary?

Some of the folks I know have been waiting years for the chance to reform the way, thinking that opportunity would come if they just outlasted Rosie.  I guess time will tell, but I think she has been setting structures in place to preserve her influence.  She's not going to knowingly put a reformer at the helm of the way.

A reformer has to be someone who thinks they understand TWI better than current leadership.  . . . I would think.

If VPW was lying, (which I believe he was . . . not saying that I was there) . . . how is a reformer even possible?

Hence leaderships fear of their own children . . . acting out on the lies they fed them.

15 hours ago, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

Is Mister Linder the new Prez of TWI, or is it Donald or Hillary?

Heh heh, could be real fun if it were Donald. Ahahahahhahahahahah!!!  Can you imagine!!!  :evilshades:

yeah, right Donald saying I am going to make The Way International great again and I am building a wall to cut off Wierwille Road  from Ohio State highway 29 to keep the authorities off the property.

4 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

A reformer has to be someone who thinks they understand TWI better than current leadership.  . . . I would think.

If VPW was lying, (which I believe he was . . . not saying that I was there) . . . how is a reformer even possible?

Hence leaderships fear of their own children . . . acting out on the lies they fed them.

Yeah, I agree there is a misguided sentiment that the reform needed is a return to an idealized era they were not a part of.  But some of my generation too thought if we just quietly waited things out and didn't cause too many ripples we would get our chance to lead and then things would be different.  Most of us came to our senses and left.

2 hours ago, Raf said:

Ok, the potential for this to get political is ... there. So let's not.

My vote is with John "The Way International? What's that?" Rupp.

You know come to think of it, it really doesn't matter does it?  Rosie has not been much of a public figure.  She might well replace herself with someone even less interesting.  The leader of the Way is meant to be uninteresting these days.  They are meant to be behind the scenes.  It might be someone we have never heard of and which most wayfers don't even know or wouldn't expect.  

If you think about it, the Way is no longer a personality cult.  It definitely was with both VPW and LCM.  It has morphed into something else.  Still a cult, but after a different manner.  

I nominate Greg Sch@ffer from Way Productions.  He has worked pretty closely with Rosie.  A nice guy too, but not someone who will develop a personality cult.  Raf could be right too.

53 minutes ago, shortfuse said:

Yeah, I agree there is a misguided sentiment that the reform needed is a return to an idealized era they were not a part of.  But some of my generation too thought if we just quietly waited things out and didn't cause too many ripples we would get our chance to lead and then things would be different.  Most of us came to our senses and left.

In that regard maybe something along the lines of a good Manchurian Candidate might work.

Hey, let's just sit on this for a bit and see what develops.  It would be great if TWI came outa the current mess and provided a ministery that aligned with the intent God would want from a ministery.

Yes, I know, snow balls chance in hell but then again: the Mets won a series and the Cubs are running for it:   oh, oh, armagedon is on the horizon.

So.......how has twi fared under rosie's leadership (cough, cough) these past 17 years?

As twi's "chief executive officer"......she slipped into the big chair after craig martindale's ouster to Toledo in the witching hour.  The damage control message was sent out over the air-waves and the corps sychophants kept the allegiance flowing to the newly-installed hierarchy.

As ceo, did rosie EARN her keep (and severance package)?  1) What are the total number of faithful followers in twi as opposed to when she took the reins?  2) Has the new-and-improved foundational class added to one's spiritual walk with God (or was it just another allegiance-to-twi buy-in? 3) Way Disciples and Corps:  How pathetic have these programs become during her watch?  4) Why are they having trouble staffing hq with quality and competent followers?  5) Are staffers, who become weak and feable, still discarded without proper respect and retirement?

I suppose rosie can boast of the $64 MILLION in twi's coffers.......but how did she handle the burdened, the broken-hearted, the afflicted?

• Upvote 1

I don't much care about the woman Rosie but I did know her lover, so what.  I pray to see TWI purged of the evil it harbors and become an actual ministry but ain't holding my breath on that.  It would be a shame to see a structure capable of delivering God's word totally demise.  Yet, if TWI can not turn the corner then let them die.

3 hours ago, shortfuse said:

I agree . . . But I wasn't intending to focus to be on the second generation.  But that all the older generation knows, on some level, it's all a sham.  Whoever becomes pres will carry that knowledge.

Revolution, right?  Those kids there now could not enact that, they are kids.

What, if we had guts we would have been/stayed in those idiotic twigs and waited out the storm and been the fifth collum.  Now, many decades later, we think that we can have an opinion?  Yeh, dissing on Rosie and and TWI but what does that gain anyone?

Well, that's all water under the bridge

So, what's up with the folks/kids and what can be done to save them from the transition that will occur in twi?

Here I say is a transition point for GSC, send out the life boat and a damage control ship to keep the twi ship afloat but if (and you know what if means), let it sink.

It's all about Christian sisters and brothers, isn't it?

3 hours ago, MRAP said:

Here I say is a transition point for GSC, send out the life boat and a damage control ship to keep the twi ship afloat...

WTF? Where did you get the idea that GSC had any such purpose?

• Upvote 2

This organization that calls itself The Way has no intrinsic value. It's not a grand effort to please God or work for the betterment of mankind or however else you want to spin it so it sounds noble. It's simply a religious cult, like thousands and thousands of similar organizations. We like to THINK it's special because it helps us to rationalize all the wasted time, effort and resources we devoted to it. But, in the grand scheme of things, it matters very little who takes over the reigns if the horse is already dead. For that matter, there probably was never any horse to begin with.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, HAPe4me said:

Several people have indicated to me the next person RR has chosen to oversee the last days of TWI is Jean-Yves De Lisle

That wouldn't surprise me in the least.....a malleable, servant.   Rosie will be close by to whisper in his ear.

Heck, how many vice-presidents, board members and upper-tier did Rosie run off?  1) H@rve Pl@tig, 2) John Rey-nolds, 3) R0ger Mittl3r, 4) John Ru-pp (?) 5) Ed H0rney, 6) R!co M@gnelli.  If one can STOMACH THE HYPOCRISY and turn aside from SEEING ITS EVIL AND MALICIOUS WAYS and bite one's tongue , then there's a chance to someday sit in a bigger chair.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DogLover said:

I read online on Facebook that Jean-Yves de Lisle, former Canadian and now American citizen, is RFR's replacement.

I was the clergyman that officiated Jean-Yves's and Michelle's wedding.

Kinda amazing that he never stepped back to connect the dots -- especially during the lcm-purges and promulgations of twi-doctrine throughout the '80s.  The lies, the cover-ups, the damage control methods, and the character assassinations of any who dissented from mogville.  I guess a man sees what he WANTS to see.....and disregards the rest.

Someday......maybe I'll get around to posting more on GSC.  :wink2:

Edited by skyrider
  • Upvote 1