GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Movie

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that would have given it away.  I was confusing Robert Preston with Robert Prescott.  Once I realized that, and saw Atherton and Kilmer, my first guess would have been "Real Genius." (Atherton was in that and "Ghostbusters."  For a short moment, he was the go-to man if Hollywood wanted someone educated and incidental who should be punched.)

17 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Hopefully, this will give it away:

Jon Gries

William Atherton

Gabriel Jarret

Michelle Meyrink

Robert Prescott

Patti D'Arbanville

Val Kilmer

George

*looks it up* Ok, Jon Gries was Lazlo Hollyfeld (the genius from a decade ago), Gabriel Jarret was Mitch Taylor (the new kid, 'Mighty Mouse"), Michelle Meyrink was Jordan Cochran (the hyperkinetic chick who makes stuff), Robert Prescott was KENT (the schmuck-student who sucked up to Prof Hathaway), Patti DÁrbanville was Shelly Nugil (she REALLY liked geeks), Val Atherton was Dr Hathaway (the actual villain that Kent drew attention away from) and Kilmer played Chris Knight, the graduating genius who learned to balance his life and wanted to teach Mitch how before Mitch turned into Lazlo Hollyfeld.)  

Amazing how well I remember the movie, but can't name virtually the entire cast.

• 1 month later...