GreaseSpot Cafe

Grace Valerie Claire

Again, I am a new member here at GSC.  I have been coming here for years; I finally figured out how to post!!  I was in TWI from 1978-1988.  I went WOW in1978-1979 in Joliet, Ill.  My WOW year was terrible!!  One year was more than enough for me!  I took the AC in 1985, in Rome City, IN.  Lord, what a waste of my time, and money!!  In 1988, Uncle Sam sent me to Italy, by way of the Navy.  There were no real fellowships in Italy, so I left TWI for good. When I came back to the US in 1990, TWI was falling about.  So I attended some fellowships near NYC; they were wonderful!!  I know some people people were blessed with the time they spent in TWi; others were not.  However, I had no idea of all the terrible abuses that went on in some places in TWI, until I came here to the GSC!!  I can not believe how many people suffered in TWI.  I feel so foolish, for saying this, but I really did not know. I have read so many horror stories about how so many people suffered so much in TWI.  I met some great people, but I also met some a--holes!!  I am thankful that God met me where I was at; but I can understand why others want nothing to do with him.  

• Upvote 1

Hi Grace !!!!

first off, thank you for your service to our country !!!!!!

and secondly, welcome.

thirdly, thanks for your posts-a-plenty - i love the input and it sure helps the bigger picture

fourthly...you have three first names (as if you didn't know)...though it took me awhile to realize that....observation is not my long suit, by the way.

• Upvote 1

On October 28, 2016 at 8:19 PM, Rocky said:

Welcome Grace!

Thanks!!  I love posting, and reading the posts here at the Greasespot!!  I must admit I did have some wonderful times in TWI.  But some of the things , never made sense.  For example, I thought the AC was a waste of time and money!!  And I knew .when I was Twig in RI, we were encouraged  to go three times, or more a week.  No way did I do that!  Also, everyone was encouraged to go Corps.  No way!!   People told me to go Corps, instead of enlisting in the Navy.  As it turned out, It was of God for me to join the military.  It was a lot is little things that years later made me realize that people in TWI sometimes had no idea what they were talking about!!  But when I come here, I start to understand my TWI experience, and can put in perspective.

On October 29, 2016 at 6:23 PM, T-Bone said:

Hi Grace !!!!

first off, thank you for your service to our country !!!!!!

and secondly, welcome.

thirdly, thanks for your posts-a-plenty - i love the input and it sure helps the bigger picture

fourthly...you have three first names (as if you didn't know)...though it took me awhile to realize that....observation is not my long suit, by the way.

Thanks!!  Yes, My names often confuse people.  I really, enjoy my time, at GSC!!  Years ago, I felt that TWI was not what it seemed; but I really felt  I had no one to voice my concerns with.  Maybe, I

didn't see the big picture, maybe I

was wrong, but I just felt that something was wrong with TWI, but in the Twigs I attended, everyone acted as if everything was wonderful in TWI land.  I really do think if most people in TWI, had known about the evil that existed in some of the Twigs, they would have left much sooner, than they did.  I know I would have; and taken my ABS with me.  I can not believe how long I stayed, not knowing the depth of evil that existed in it'd ranks!!  Most of the peons like me, just wanted to hear 

The Word, and fellowship in God's 

love, and mercy.  I think somehow some of it's leaders forgot about God, and succumbed to to various vices; drinking, lust, worldly riches.  Me, I kept my head on straight, and did not get caught up in any immorality.  After ten years, I left.  I know that I have nothing to be ashamed of concerning my time in TWI, but after coming to the GSC, I know this can not be said of some of it's leaders.  I left in 1988, and I know TWI had started to go to h--l before I left.  But I think one of the joys about the GSC, is that people 

understand my experiences with TWI, and help me process them.  I feel for the first time, free to question some of what I went thru.

i find it very liberating!!